A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

I was about to post that Trump, if you can ignore his insane online ramblings and worthless press releases, has been relatively harmless as a past President.  Particularly if you tune out his MAGA base.  

I was having a senior moment.  I remembered, "Oh, right, right, right...the stolen classified documents like sold to our enemies."  Totally spaced on that.  

So yeah, he's heading for being both the worst President and worst Past-President we'll ever have.  Pretty exclusive company.  I don't know what University/College would conceivably host his library.  Obviously, it's not unusual for a Library to not be located on a higher learning campus.  And rather are located in places of personal connection to the former President.  But almost all have deep ties with local college and foundations to further scholarly research and public events.  But seriously-where the fuck can Trump actually put it?  Not New York, they'll never approve his permitting applications.  They hate him there.  I guess somewhere in Florida?  Liberty University?  It's in a  non-glamarous part of Virginia and beneath his stature.  

Calling my shot, it'll be Palm Beach Atlantic University.  It's right-leaning, close by to his golf course, and they love him there.  Only problem is that it's a tiny school and may not be able to physically house the opulent McLibrary he's gonna want.  Close second would be he doesn't begin plans on it for 4-6 more years, seeing that as a sign of defeat and not running/losing again in 2028.  And then he dies, becoming the first former President in 125 years to not have one.  His kids will be asked if, with private donor funding, would like to build one in his honor.  They politely decline.  Mainly because they won't give a shit and it's a hard grift.  But they'll say, "No physical space could capture the aura of this great Man.  Also, we can't find the documents needed to transferred to such a place."

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

His kids will be asked if, with private donor funding, would like to build one in his honor.  They politely decline.  Mainly because they won't give a shit and it's a hard grift. 

Not sure I agree w/ this.  Donny Jr. is trying hard to become his daddy; he isn't and doesn't have the regarded charisma dotard does.  But he does love the grift.  And, as I type, the "hard grift" has never stopped them before.  Other than getting kicked out of the charity business, they've never faced negative consequences for their grifting; quite the opposite. 

10 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Not sure I agree w/ this.  Donny Jr. is trying hard to become his daddy; he isn't and doesn't have the regarded charisma dotard does.  But he does love the grift.  And, as I type, the "hard grift" has never stopped them before.  Other than getting kicked out of the charity business, they've never faced negative consequences for their grifting; quite the opposite. 

Yeah, but the grift on a Presidential Library is pretty tough to pull off considering how much scrutiny the Trumps are under from NARA.  They have long memories at NARA, hence the name.  I guess as mentioned above, a massively elevated ground lease rate at some piece of land they already own.  But beyond that, how much can you make on the gift shop sales?  Is it worth the scrutiny?  NARA has a team of architects, auditors, and construction experts that spend years analyzing sources & uses and the space itself.  Even if you're not directly tied to NARA (like Obama and a few other libraries), they have to approve the space for security reasons, ample viewing/research areas, and proper housing for materials as they age.  Their rationale is 'if we're gonna turn over all this stuff to you, we are gonna make damn sure the space is secure, up to code, serves the spirit of the materials, and will last decades if not longer.'  It's pretty hard to rip off from the construction budget with them looking over your shoulder.  You have a better off time trying to grift the Russian Military.  

9 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the concept of a Trump library vanishes into the ether.

Yeah, I know.  Was just trying to game out what they do so I can properly disrespect the entire space.  And then figure out if he'll be buried there, on a golf course, or back in New York's family plots in Queens. 

All I know is chronologically, he'll likely die before it's completed, wherever it is.  And I'm okay with that.  He loses primary or general or indicted with crimes and spends until January 2027 complaining about how rigged it all was.  You can't shout about lies and conspiracies, while also physically planning/building your final legacy.  It can't all fit in MAGA's heads.  So they spend 2027 & 2028 on site selection and preliminary design.  Best case, the product is not delivered, stocked with materials, and opened to the public until sometime in 2031.  That miserable tub of shit isn't living another 8-9 years.  

Fun part is if he wants to be moved from Florida or New York to this new library resting place (as been the custom for the last 100 years, aside from JFK/LBJ).  They'll have to transport his body.  And thus begins the plot of "Ocean's 14." 

'Danny, you're saying you wanna steal Trump's casket so you can fill it up with pig shit?'

'You're either in your or you're out.  Right now."  

• Hook 'Em 2

A former GOP house member was on CNN saying that Trump’s failure to convince the GOP loons (his creation) into accepting McCarthy’s leadership was Trump’s failure.  Trump backed McCarthy, so McCarthy’s defeat is Trump’s defeat.
I assume this means that Trump will now say that Mccarthy did not follow his advice. Trump never gave advice, but he’ll never pass up the opportunity for a self-serving lie.

It’ll be some online access type bullshit library. Servers will crash often since he’ll never pay the maintenance fees.

He’ll charge $75 per click to view screenshots of stupid shit he would screen shot or “clippings” of stolen documents.

Fuck this guy!

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

There's not going to be a real library because he wasn't a real president. If anything, it will look more like Graceland or Biff's Pleasure Palace than a presidential library. 

I'll be honest.  I think LBJ was a truly great man.  Flawed but great.  I'm very proud that we have his library.  But the only reason I ever visit is to see that animatronic statue tell jokes.  I would be all in on a Trump library that was all animatronic.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Outside of his kids and SiL, has anyone associated or aligned with Trump succeeded ?

his warpig/press sec. parlayed that gig into becoming governor of arkansas. thats gotta pay at least $18/hr

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Blotto said:

his warpig/press sec. parlayed that gig into becoming governor or arkansas. thats gotta pay at least $18/hr

Warpig is an incredibly accurate description.

And that's $18/hr and a sack of Tyson Chicken Patties each month.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's still in the Navy (Reserves), did you think he'd have a problem throwing on a fancy costume and dancing all fancy and stuff?

Maybe he can send out a tweet reminding us about all important Battle of Jutland that occurred during the War of 1812 against the Inuits.

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2023 at 8:39 AM, Eskimohorn said:

Thats why we need to start the 45th Presidential Library Expiatory Committee to pay for our travel expenses in search of a site - Vegas, New Orleans, Ibiza.

Many very good people, the best people, say the Seychelles would be a great place for such an edifice. I think we need to plan for a lengthy inspection tour. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 1/4/2023 at 1:15 AM, YGIFS said:

Yeah, but the grift on a Presidential Library is pretty tough to pull off considering how much scrutiny the Trumps are under from NARA.  They have long memories at NARA, hence the name.  I guess as mentioned above, a massively elevated ground lease rate at some piece of land they already own.  But beyond that, how much can you make on the gift shop sales?  Is it worth the scrutiny?  NARA has a team of architects, auditors, and construction experts that spend years analyzing sources & uses and the space itself.  Even if you're not directly tied to NARA (like Obama and a few other libraries), they have to approve the space for security reasons, ample viewing/research areas, and proper housing for materials as they age.  Their rationale is 'if we're gonna turn over all this stuff to you, we are gonna make damn sure the space is secure, up to code, serves the spirit of the materials, and will last decades if not longer.'  It's pretty hard to rip off from the construction budget with them looking over your shoulder.  You have a better off time trying to grift the Russian Military.  

Yeah, I know.  Was just trying to game out what they do so I can properly disrespect the entire space.  And then figure out if he'll be buried there, on a golf course, or back in New York's family plots in Queens. 

All I know is chronologically, he'll likely die before it's completed, wherever it is.  And I'm okay with that.  He loses primary or general or indicted with crimes and spends until January 2027 complaining about how rigged it all was.  You can't shout about lies and conspiracies, while also physically planning/building your final legacy.  It can't all fit in MAGA's heads.  So they spend 2027 & 2028 on site selection and preliminary design.  Best case, the product is not delivered, stocked with materials, and opened to the public until sometime in 2031.  That miserable tub of shit isn't living another 8-9 years.  

Fun part is if he wants to be moved from Florida or New York to this new library resting place (as been the custom for the last 100 years, aside from JFK/LBJ).  They'll have to transport his body.  And thus begins the plot of "Ocean's 14." 

'Danny, you're saying you wanna steal Trump's casket so you can fill it up with pig shit?'

'You're either in your or you're out.  Right now."  

All of the libraries proper are NARA, every single one and the library proper for Obama is and will be NARA. NARA owns and maintains all the documents. 

if there’s a museum or center attached to it, it’s a combo of a foundation that’s privately funded doing the heavy lifting. They own the personal effects of the president and family and any add-ons like the Avenger dive bomber that hands in the Bush 41 center. Some of the artifacts from the presidency are also on loan from NARA and other fed agencies.

The library concept is cool and unique to us. I expect Trump to fuck his up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All of the libraries proper are NARA, every single one and the library proper for Obama is and will be NARA. NARA owns and maintains all the documents. 

if there’s a museum or center attached to it, it’s a combo of a foundation that’s privately funded doing the heavy lifting. They own the personal effects of the president and family and any add-ons like the Avenger dive bomber that hands in the Bush 41 center. Some of the artifacts from the presidency are also on loan from NARA and other fed agencies.

The library concept is cool and unique to us. I expect Trump to fuck his up. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_library_system#Presidential_libraries_outside_NARA

I guess we're reading Sec 1.1 differently.  The system proper is all NARA.  But there are six that seem to fall completely outside of NARA (outside of archiving/protecting materials).  And then another handful that sort of that hybrid you discussed like Obama, Nixon, Grand, and Harding.  But yeah, for security and preservation purposes, no matter who owns/operates it (sometimes colleges, other times state governments), NARA has a big say on what goes on inside.  

21 hours ago, TeeDubya said:

Warpig is an incredibly accurate description.

And that's $18/hr and a sack of Tyson Chicken Patties each month.

Well, given the Ozzy/Sabbath context, it's not.  Huckabeef did a lot of things, but waging or abetting war wasn't one of them.

I think "hellpig" is the term you're looking for.  Possibly even "roaring hellpig."

Look at that little tiny jiggle of her right cheek at 0:04.  Only took her a tenth of second to course-correct, but felt the giggle energy flow.  

Around that exact same time, phone records indicate Trump placed a call the Reading House Clerk saying, "Alright Tylease, all you gotta do is find me 217 more votes.  That's it, that's all I'm asking.  Just 217 and we got this."  

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, given the Ozzy/Sabbath context, it's not.  Huckabeef did a lot of things, but waging or abetting war wasn't one of them.

I think "hellpig" is the term you're looking for.  Possibly even "roaring hellpig."

Ditchpig is more appropriate, and I believe the preferred nomenclature.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, YGIFS said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_library_system#Presidential_libraries_outside_NARA

I guess we're reading Sec 1.1 differently.  The system proper is all NARA.  But there are six that seem to fall completely outside of NARA (outside of archiving/protecting materials).  And then another handful that sort of that hybrid you discussed like Obama, Nixon, Grand, and Harding.  But yeah, for security and preservation purposes, no matter who owns/operates it (sometimes colleges, other times state governments), NARA has a big say on what goes on inside.  

I wasn’t really thinking on the stuff from presidents before NARA existed.  And it depends on what we mean when we’re talking “library.” 

NARA owns all the original documents (including the digital ones) and other artifacts. Traditionally the former president builds a facility for NARA to staff that contains all that stuff. Obama elected not to do that and so that means he won’t really have a “library,” he will have the “Obama Presidential Center.” My understanding is that a lot of the digital stuff will be shared with the center via NARA but for serious research you’ll need to go through the Obama Library site that’s run by the feds. 

Colloquially, people say they go to visit a Presidential Library but on the inside of these facilities there is a division between the museums/center and the library, which is exclusively the archival material that you have to work through NARA to get access to. 

• Hook 'Em 1