A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

56 minutes ago, miguelito said:

What's Trump's all-time lawsuit success record?  Is he even above the Mendoza line?

Well if you believe one of his attorneys (yeah, I know), he’s crushing it.

Edited by Matuka
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matuka said:

Well if you believe one of his attorneys (yeah, I know), he’s crushing it.

he wins all the time, but the media won't let you know about it.  i could tell you about it, if only i was on camera, which i am, on some sort of network i guess, but i won't tell you about it, because reasons.  but he wins because he's smart and by the book.

• Hook 'Em 1

Because each one thinks what the one prior to them thought...I'm sure I can get him to pay me.  And if I can't, I'll get so famous and get so much new biz dev off of this...it'll totally be worth it.  Plus he'll probably at least to go on his plane to play golf a few times.  What could go wrong? 

It's the most cliche cycle of abuse, it'd be quite sad if it wasn't happening to such immoral lawyers.  

I mean, if you hold their bar cards up to your ear, you can literally hear them whisper, "You don't know what he tells me when we're alone.  This time it's gonna be different, you don't know him like I do!"  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, Brisketexan said:

well-there-it-is.gif

Those of you who believe there can be a non-Trump GOP....stop.

Those of you who think Trump doesn't win the GOP nomination whenever he chooses to run....stop.

Trump is running.  Trump will win the nomination.  And because the race for POTUS is decided by 4-5 states, including states where the GQP has promised to engage in shenanigans (voter suppression measures, shitting on polling places, having the GQP legislature just say "naah, doesn't matter what the voters decided, we decide that Trump wins," etc.)....there's a very good chance that he wins again.

It's like some of y'all really don't grasp how fucking bad it is.  It's that bad.  Actually, it's worse.

We all need to stay vigilant and it’s stupid to say ‘it’s in the bag’.  But the far right measures/candidates got smashed last election cycle.  Bring on the fat orange glob.  Rather than worry, I’ll try to do shit that makes a difference.  Others can cower.  Just not my style…

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I don't care what anyone says, it's genuinely impressive that she said that with a straight face. 

Same lawyer who was sanctioned a million dollars for filing a frivolous lawsuit?

Check. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

So here's his lawsuit against Woodward, linked in a post above.  https://assets.bwbx.io/documents/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/ryXewWPzBbqo/v0

First, I find it very difficult to believe that Simon and Schuster would publish the tapes in audiobook form if they didn't feel they had rights locked down solid.

One thing the lawsuit scrupulously avoids is reference to or acknowledgement of any agreement signed by Trump prior to the commencement of the interviews.  Similarly, it doesn't deny its existence, either, it just focuses on other things that might modify or alter any such agreement, but doubtfully so.

It also tries to allege that he is the sole owner of copyright in his responses to Woodward's questions, as opposed to the entirety of the interviews being a joint work, where they would have to split profits.  A stretch.

Legally speaking, it is head and shoulders above the tripe he has been filing, but I think there's a huge factual flaw in that I am virtually certain that Trump signed some kind of release, of the fairly bulletproof variety, for use of the audiotapes however Woodward/SS felt appropriate.  It could possibly maybe be sanctionable for not addressing that, if there is one.  And there's just got to be.

Also notable that he went to the Northern District of Florida this time, eliminating his chance of getting his babygirl as his judge.  There may be another forum-shopping motive, though, because that's not his "home" district, that is, he doesn't live there, which is always a bit shady.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 2:19 PM, MissingInAction said:

Here he is yall. The savior of the master race

Its Funny Because Hes Fat Ken Jeong GIF - Its Funny Because Hes Fat Ken Jeong Hangover GIFs

23 hours ago, bolverk said:

When I watched the clip of him speaking, which I rarely do out of hatred from hearing his voice, I kept wondering how many takes that required because its weird editing and pictured him getting pissed off and banging the podium a few times.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Its Funny Because Hes Fat Ken Jeong GIF - Its Funny Because Hes Fat Ken Jeong Hangover GIFs

I don't know who's a 30 Rock fanatic, but when I first saw those Trump outtakes last Autumn...like a lightning bolt remembered this similar video of outtakes by another titan of leadership with on-screen gravitas...Jack Donaghy of NBC, played by a guy who kinda reminds me a bit of Trump for some reason

On 1/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, Brisketexan said:

And because the race for POTUS is decided by 4-5 states, including states where the GQP has promised to engage in shenanigans (voter suppression measures, shitting on polling places, having the GQP legislature just say "naah, doesn't matter what the voters decided, we decide that Trump wins," etc.)....there's a very good chance that he wins again.

You keep saying this but I'm wondering where you think this could occur. Let's look at those "4-5 states" legislatures right now (there are actually 6):

Nevada - Democratic

Wisconsin - Republican

Michigan - Democratic

Arizona - Republican

Georgia - Republican

Pennsylvania - Republican (but there are 4 vacant seats - all of which were held by Democrats and if they hold they will be split)

So there are six swing states with two being run by Democratic legislatures and another likely to be split. Those three aren't options for Trump's shit. 

We know about Georgia. Kemp would have to call a special session and...yeah. That's not happening. 

So he MIGHT be able to get Wisconsin or Arizona to go along. 

That's not nearly enough. 

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

You keep saying this but I'm wondering where you think this could occur. Let's look at those "4-5 states" legislatures right now (there are actually 6):

Nevada - Democratic

Wisconsin - Republican

Michigan - Democratic

Arizona - Republican

Georgia - Republican

Pennsylvania - Republican (but there are 4 vacant seats - all of which were held by Democrats and if they hold they will be split)

So there are six swing states with two being run by Democratic legislatures and another likely to be split. Those three aren't options for Trump's shit. 

We know about Georgia. Kemp would have to call a special session and...yeah. That's not happening. 

So he MIGHT be able to get Wisconsin or Arizona to go along. 

That's not nearly enough. 

It’s enough if he wins those other states. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s enough if he wins those other states. 

if he wins those other states then he won't need Wisconsin or Arizona to pull anything because he'll have won those as well.

bottom line is this isn't a realistic scenario in 2024.