A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

A lot folks I know in Austin lost their job this week cause of shit like that ^^^

Yeah that's only going to excite and enthuse the MAGAs that cheered this sort of thing on. Cutting those damn commie regulations AND punishing tech workers is a win/win for em

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'm not saying he's a bad dancer, I'm not saying I'm a good dancer.  But even if worship the man and I know many people who do...somebody just admit that at some point, somebody should have said, "Mr. President, the double ghost-jerkoff dance isn't your best move.  You've got such great moves, tremendous moves...maybe try something different because you're so fantastic?"  But nope, he just grips the shafts even harder and does his jam.  

C2D11A8C-3613-487D-926C-5F35D1F50BDD.gif

• Haha 3

The anti-central bank nuts will blame the SVB collapse on the Fed for raising interest rates 

To be clear, SVB invested 80 billion of depository money in US Treasuries prior to the Fed raising interest rates. SVB lost money, like many people in the market, when the Fed raised interest rate to combat rising inflation. 

When a bank takes depository money and places it in the open market, it is exposed to the risks of the open market, just like any other personal investment. 

There was a reason the Glass-Steagall act was passed in 1933 to outlaw depository banks from operating as investment banks. It was in response to the market crash of 1929. Tons of years later, the Glass-Stegall act was repealed in 1999 thanks to the wall street lobby, a republican congress and Bill Clinton. 

Of course, allowing banks to "invest" aka bet on the market predictably led to the 2008 crash. 

The Dodd-Frank Act put laws into place to ensure people had the ability to repay mortgages, but that really didn't fix the root of the problem. That, depository banks were leveraging depositors money to bet on the market. 

Yes, it placed limits on 50Billon, which of course Trump and SVB CEO himself lobbied and repealed. 

If banks are allowed to use depository money to bet on the market, instead of earning money on loans, the results will be predictable. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The anti-central bank nuts will blame the SVB collapse on the Fed for raising interest rates 

To be clear, SVB invested 80 billion of depository money in US Treasuries prior to the Fed raising interest rates. SVB lost money, like many people in the market, when the Fed raised interest rate to combat rising inflation. 

When a bank takes depository money and places it in the open market, it is exposed to the risks of the open market, just like any other personal investment. 

There was a reason the Glass-Steagall act was passed in 1933 to outlaw depository banks from operating as investment banks. It was in response to the market crash of 1929. Tons of years later, the Glass-Stegall act was repealed in 1999 thanks to the wall street lobby, a republican congress and Bill Clinton. 

Of course, allowing banks to "invest" aka bet on the market predictably led to the 2008 crash. 

The Dodd-Frank Act put laws into place to ensure people had the ability to repay mortgages, but that really didn't fix the root of the problem. That, depository banks were leveraging depositors money to bet on the market. 

Yes, it placed limits on 50Billon, which of course Trump and SVB CEO himself lobbied and repealed. 

If banks are allowed to use depository money to bet on the market, instead of earning money on loans, the results will be predictable. 

This is especially true if said bank doesn't diversify its investment AND doesn't diversify its clientele.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

was having a taco infused daydream wherein I dreamt that tfg hopped a plane to Moscow with the rest of stollen classified docs and our boys had to take his plane down before he reached Russian airspace.....

Not that I wouldn't pay a bazillion dollars to watch that on PPV, but I'm pretty sure Don Jr. already had his lady friend Gargoyle email all those docs to Putin from her AOL account.  To own the libs.

19 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I'm not saying he's a bad dancer, I'm not saying I'm a good dancer.  But even if worship the man and I know many people who do...somebody just admit that at some point, somebody should have said, "Mr. President, the double ghost-jerkoff dance isn't your best move.  You've got such great moves, tremendous moves...maybe try something different because you're so fantastic?"  But nope, he just grips the shafts even harder and does his jam.  

I'm beginning to find it amusing that his signature song is YMCA which he must hear all the time and dance to if anyone is around. Try to imagine Dwight Eisenhower or Lyndon Johnson or George Washington dancing to YMCA.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

was having a taco infused daydream wherein I dreamt that tfg hopped a plane to Moscow with the rest of stollen classified docs and our boys had to take his plane down before he reached Russian airspace.....

so anyway, I was reading the new E Jean Carroll news and with the other potential indictments looming when does he hop Trump Force One and start making his getaway?

he can’t survive without his circle of enablers around him and the team that changes this diapers 

he’d be dead ass broke over there haha

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

From what I've read, this bank was literally attracting deposits too quickly to invest them in loans.  Besides, if SVB had somehow made a shitload of fixed-rate mortgage loans itself, it would have still had a huge duration mismatch and stlll would have been whipsawed by the rate rise .  I have yet to read about any hedging SVB did, which seems flat-out criminal.

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm beginning to find it amusing that his signature song is YMCA which he must hear all the time and dance to if anyone is around. Try to imagine Dwight Eisenhower or Lyndon Johnson or George Washington dancing to YMCA.

Interesting thought. I fear it says more about modern pop culture than teh Donald. 

However if Ike were to cut a brief rug to some Glenn Miller, or LBJ to some Hank, they would do so with infinitely more dignity. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Interesting thought. I fear it says more about modern pop culture than teh Donald. 

However if Ike were to cut a brief rug to some Glenn Miller, or LBJ to some Hank, they would do so with infinitely more dignity. 

At state functions in the White House, LBJ made a point of dancing with every woman present. Evidently he was quite smooth, and every female guest could say that they'd danced with the president in the White House. Pretty cool. I heard this admiringly reported by one of those women years and years ago.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Even after all the scandals, shames, and crimes since 2016, this is fucking amazing. There was a time not too long ago when a story like this would rock the nation. Top FBI official in the pocket of a Russian oligarch helping a president similarly situated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Nobody fucks with Mike Pence and walks away from it.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/11/politics/mike-pence-gridiron-dinner/index.html

Pence rebuked Trump for his role in the January 6, 2021 attack, saying he was “wrong” for claiming Pence had the authority to overturn the results of the 2020 election in his role presiding over Congress that day, saying “history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

“President Trump was wrong. I had no right to overturn the election and his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day, and I know that history will hold Donald Trump accountable,” Pence said.

Pence also scolded those who have downplayed the people who entered the Capitol on January 6th as tourists.

“Tourists don’t injure 140 police officers by sightseeing,” Pence said. “Tourists don’t break down doors to get to the Speaker of the House or voice threats against public officials.”

Pence chastised Republicans who minimized the insurrection, days after Fox News host Tucker Carlson aired new security footage from inside the Capitol on January 6th in an attempt to defend the mob.

“Make no mistake about it, what happened that day was a disgrace, and it mocks decency to portray it in any other way,” Pence said at the dinner.

Pence also said people “have a right to know what took place” during the insurrection, days after he asked a judge to block a subpoena for his testimony to the special counsel investigating the insurrection.

Pence rebuked Trump for his role in the January 6, 2021 attack, saying he was “wrong” for claiming Pence had the authority to overturn the results of the 2020 election in his role presiding over Congress that day, saying “history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

“President Trump was wrong. I had no right to overturn the election and his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day, and I know that history will hold Donald Trump accountable,” Pence said.

Pence also scolded those who have downplayed the people who entered the Capitol on January 6th as tourists.

“Tourists don’t injure 140 police officers by sightseeing,” Pence said. “Tourists don’t break down doors to get to the Speaker of the House or voice threats against public officials.”

Pence chastised Republicans who minimized the insurrection, days after Fox News host Tucker Carlson aired new security footage from inside the Capitol on January 6th in an attempt to defend the mob.

“Make no mistake about it, what happened that day was a disgrace, and it mocks decency to portray it in any other way,” Pence said at the dinner.

Pence also said people “have a right to know what took place” during the insurrection, days after he asked a judge to block a subpoena for his testimony to the special counsel investigating the insurrection.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Bullneck said:

The misinformation that this guy was "in charge of the trump russia investigation" has already been debunked. Note that that declaration isn't in the abc article but just something Sojourner Truth pulled out of his ass.  

• Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

The misinformation that this guy was "in charge of the trump russia investigation" has already been debunked. Note that that declaration isn't in the abc article but just something Sojourner Truth pulled out of his ass.  

Quite true, as far as "in charge."  I think we have to be honest about bad information that favors "our team."

However, while he wasn't in charge, the NY office is influential, and I think this guy was in a position to cause the feebs to pull some punches.  I seem to recall a character in The Comey Rule in the NY office that was always pushing back on DC and generally impeding things.

I don't believe the FBI is as politicized or weaponized as Gym Jordan would want us to believe, but my God the place seems to be dysfunctional as hell at certain levels.  I've always said they're just cops in better suits with degrees

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

At state functions in the White House, LBJ made a point of dancing with every woman present. Evidently he was quite smooth, and every female guest could say that they'd danced with the president in the White House. Pretty cool. I heard this admiringly reported by one of those women years and years ago.

1968, I think, and LBJ comes to rat warren Killeen, of all places, to dedicate the new JC there (CTC).  My eldest sister and her HS civics class went out to ogle.  Somehow she got her hand out and as he came by he shook it and said “how are you doing, darling?”  As if he were Willie.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

You can say that again. 

Pence is trying to save his own ass by blocking testimony. He knows he was involved in illegal shit too during that admin, doesn't know exactly what people going after trump know about him, and doesn't want to risk perjuring himself about his own shit. Or having to take the 5th to avoid it