A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If I’m trump, I play this up. I use pac money to pay people to line the route to the courthouse. I’d want 100,000 people there. 100% I want to be in cuffs and I wave them in the air to the crowd and media because they’re persecuting a patriot that loves this country !

"I TOLD YOU THE DEEP STATE WAS AFTER ME.  THIS IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED."

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Any of you who know any MAGA types who might attend this, make sure and tell them that it's bullshit that they can't open-carry there, because the libs like Abbott and Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton won't let them.  Get it in their heads that they cannot open carry because of them.

No.  You tell them they can absolutely exercise their constitutional right as they attend an event with a super patriot.  You tell all of them that everyone is encouraged to open carry at this rally as a demonstration of love of country.  You get as many MAGA attendees as possible to carry as much firepower as possible.  Everybody bring as much open carry assault rifle weaponry as possible.  If you don’t bring guns, Trump won’t let you inside.  Ignore all law enforcement warnings to the contrary, they’re just deep state crisis actors.

we do this right and there’ll be a really fun standoff

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

If this NY indictment comes to pass, it will be fairly shocking.

Bragg pretty blatantly declined on Vance's version of the civil fraud suit pressed by James.  I thought he was a political chickenshit or an evidentiary chickenshit, or both.

It appears that he may be neither.  Cohen's credibility may be a bit of an issue, but it seems like there's a pretty serious paper trail to corroborate.  And the guy seems pretty sincere on the air.

ETA:  That NYC law enforcement is gearing up for an indictment is being reported even by AP.  But when you read the articles, it's a bit more speculative as to whether an indictment will actually happen. I may have gotten carried away here.

Edited by TwiceHorn

As stated earlier, I hope his cult members follow this sage advice to their inevitable end.  There is no reasoning with insanity, you can either live with it or eliminate it.  Let them drink the poisoned Kool-Aid and be done with them.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Trump is too good for this world.  The Lord has decided to give him his own planet to rule for eternity.   All of his true followers must gather in Waco at once, prepare the coolaid and prepare for immediate transport to Trump’s new planet.  This is the way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

If friends or acquaintances start to complain about trump being arrested for political reasons, remind them of the facts.

• Michael Cohen paid off women, including stormy Daniels, to be quiet.
  • Trump reimbursed and compensated Cohen.
  • cohen went to prison for tax evasion and campaign fraud related to this situation.
  • the DA has trumps tax returns.

what we dont know.

• most likely the trump org ex-cfo has testified to the grand jury before he started his jail sentence.
  • the national enquirer publisher, who also paid off women for trump, also testified.
  • How trump or his campaign reported the Cohen or other payoffs. FEC, IRS or NY income tax.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lost in the shuffle, why did he come back to Facebook today?

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/videos/im-back/735182501447195/

Weird necrovideo post.  He's hanging with ol Mike Pence.  Barron looks thrilled.  Trotted out there like a prop. "Please don't arrest my dad, Mr. Policeman."

Edited by Bullneck

So they are going to get him for classifying the hush money payment as a legal expense?
Seems relatively minor, tbh. I don't know how I feel about shooting your shot with this versus all the other shit he's done.

https://deanobeidallah.substack.com/p/glenn-kirschner-is-right-we-will
Dean Obeidallah (progressive talking head) believes it will be much more. RICO, financial and tax fraud. Hush money just opened the door.

Many in the media reporting on the Manhattan District Attorney’s investigation into Donald Trump are solely fixated on potential charges in connection with Trump’s $130,000 “hush money” payment made to Stormy Daniels in the final weeks of the 2016 presidential campaign to buy her silence about their past affair. But they are missing the real story: Donald Trump will very likely be charged with various other crimes apart from the “hush money” payment—including potentially violating the New York state version of RICO.

I say that for a few reasons. As former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner predicted on my SiriusXM show earlier this week, “we will see charges way beyond hush money.” Kirschner backed that up noting that the criminal case brought by the Manhattan DA against the Trump organization that led to a guilty verdict in December--in his view--likely “shook” evidence from the tree that implicated Trump personally.

As a reminder, in December a Manhattan jury found two Trump Organization companies guilty on multiple charges of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records connected to a 15-year scheme to defraud tax authorities by failing to report and pay taxes on compensation for top executives. While Trump was not charged, his name was mentioned repeatedly during the trial by prosecutors about his connection to the benefits provided to certain executives, including company-funded apartments, car leases and personal expenses.

As Kirschner correctly pointed out, the prosecutor in that case, Joshua Steinglass, told the jury in closing arguments that “Mr. Trump is explicitly sanctioning tax fraud.” The prosecutor even suggested that Trump could be deemed an unindicted co-conspirator. Steinglass added, “This whole narrative that Donald Trump is blissfully ignorant is just not true.”

Just so it is clear: a prosecutor in a courtroom is not a pundit on Fox News who can openly lie without fear of consequences. A prosecutor can only say in closing what the evidence introduced at trial has shown.

But there’s more evidence than that—and much of it comes from Mark Pomerantz who was in essence a special prosecutor brought in by the previous Manhattan DA, Cyrus Vance, to spearhead the Trump investigation. Pomerantz had a long distinguished career as a lawyer before that—from serving as a federal prosecutor in the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York to later becoming a partner at one the nation’s top law firms to serving on the faculty of Columbia Law School. He had been in retirement when DA Vance asked him in February 2021 to work as a special assistant district attorney with the mandate of focusing on one investigation: Donald Trump.

In February 2022, Pomerantz resigned his position with the Manhattan DA when it was made clear to him by the new DA, Alvin Bragg, that he would not seek criminal charges against Trump. In his resignation letter directed to Bragg, it’s very telling that Pomerantz did not cite the “hush money” related crimes as ones that must be pursued but instead the much broader financial crimes committed by Trump. Pomerantz wrote: “As you know from our recent conversations and presentations, I believe that Donald Trump is guilty of numerous felony violations of the Penal Law in connection with the preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition.”

He added about Trump, “His financial statements were false, and he has a long history of fabricating information relating to his personal finances and lying about his assets to banks, the national media, counterparties, and many others, including the American people.” The clearly frustrated Pomerantz continued: “The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did.”

Pomerantz concluded: “I and others have advised you that we have evidence sufficient to establish Mr. Trump’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and we believe that the prosecution would prevail if charges were brought and the matter were tried to an impartial jury.”

That letter in a vacuum was intriguing. But we received even more details into the Trump investigation in Pomerantz’ book released in February, “People vs. Donald Trump.” In reading this book, it’s clear that the hush money scheme was the start of the investigation but soon the focus became Trump’s numerous financial crimes. As Pomerantz explained, the presentation he made to Bragg shortly after the new DA took over was focused on Trump’s “fabrication” of financial records that he dubbed were “pervasive, substantial and continuous over many years.” He noted that Trump was personally involved—based on the evidence they gathered—in the preparation of these false financial statements.

Pomerantz even had an entire chapter titled, “Enterprise Corruption,” which is the name for New York state’s version of “the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act” better known as, “RICO.” In this chapter, Pomerantz laid out how his team had gathered evidence that “Trump had grown the business…through a pattern of criminal activity.” He explained that the potential “pattern” of crimes included “defrauding persons and entities about this net worth and the value of his assets, underpaying his federal and state income and property taxes” and more. In that laundry list of examples, he included Trump falsifying business records to conceal the hush money payment—but that was one small part of the bigger picture.

There’s also a small fact that has been lost in the media coverage that further supports that the charges against Trump will likely be well beyond hush money. Pomerantz wrote that in his February 2022 meeting discussing the case, Bragg stated that he “could not see a world” in which they would call Michael Cohen as a witness to obtain an indictment against Trump. The apparent reason being that Cohen—Trump’s former lawyer and fixer-- had plead guilty in 2018 to nine crimes including lying to Congress, tax evasion and campaign finance violations and was sentence to 3 years in prison. Without Cohen as in essence in the “narrator” of Trump’s financial crimes as Pomerantz dubbed him, proving the financial charges would be much more challenging.

But something changed Bragg’s mind from the time Pomerantz finished his book in September to now given that Cohen was called by the Manhattan DA to testify twice before the grand jury earlier this week. It’s unclear why but Pomerantz wrote of his surprise that Bragg had dismissed calling Cohen so quickly given Bragg had “never met” Cohen or interviewed him. That fact changed in January when Cohen met with the Manhattan DA’s prosecutors. Common sense tells us that the prosecutors believed what Cohen had to say or they would not have called him as a witness this week.

Finally, we know that this current investigation—despite the headlines Wednesday that Stormy Daniels was meeting with the prosecutors –extended beyond hush money from NY Times reporting just one week ago in an article titled, “Prosecutors Signal Criminal Charges for Trump Are Likely.” The Times wrote that, “The portion of the investigation concerned with Mr. Trump’s net worth is continuing, people with knowledge of the matter said.”

At this point it appears Trump will be charged—the question is when and what will the charges include. But don’t be surprised if Trump is charged with crimes well beyond “hush money.”

Thank you for reading The Dean's Report by Dean Obeidallah. This post is public so feel free to share it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Trump is too good for this world.  The Lord has decided to give him his own planet to rule for eternity.   All of his true followers must gather in Waco at once, prepare the coolaid and prepare for immediate transport to Trump’s new planet.  This is the way.

parks and recreation please GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

Okay, so when do we start whipping them up into a frenzy?  If you're a Texan for Trump, you should obviously report to the Texas Capitol on Tuesday afternoon armed to the teeth to show your support for Trump.  And the police give you a hard time...welp, 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Alright Jordan Klepper, get your walking shoes on and stay hydrated. I want to see a bunch of these kinds of conversations. Deplorable: "This is an outrage! Trump is innocent!"

"Do you know what he has been charged with?"

"Nope!"

Yes, some illegal Mexican named Rico has falsely accused President Trump of some sort of financial crimes.  Which we know is just the Deep State trying to take him down! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

PATRIOTS ARE BEING INTERNALLY DECAPITATED! THE WIND IS SAYING YOU'RE A GHOST! DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

"Through our open BOARDERS"?  Wonder if he can spell I am an ASH HOLE?

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

If this NY indictment comes to pass, it will be fairly shocking.

Bragg pretty blatantly declined on Vance's version of the civil fraud suit pressed by James.  I thought he was a political chickenshit or an evidentiary chickenshit, or both.

It appears that he may be neither.  Cohen's credibility may be a bit of an issue, but it seems like there's a pretty serious paper trail to corroborate.  And the guy seems pretty sincere on the air.

ETA:  That NYC law enforcement is gearing up for an indictment is being reported even by AP.  But when you read the articles, it's a bit more speculative as to whether an indictment will actually happen. I may have gotten carried away here.

Never undervalue the psychological impact of seeing everyone you know hauled in before a grand jury.

New York is getting all the attention, and rightfully so, but I wonder if he gets a double dose of indictment with another GJ here in Georgia next week as well?  Also, my bet is he was already indicted under seal yesterday, with coordination for surrender coming out because the actual indictment has already been decided.  

A double dose of indictment is like a double dose of pimping - Upgrayedd (hopefully it comes with a double dose of incarceration) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So the only play the non-trump republicans will have is to attack his criminality hard, right?  Or just accept defeat 18 months out.  What other tack do they have that threads a needle?

They’ll say it’s purely political. Privately they may hope Trump is removed from politics but publicly they can’t appear to support it at all, not even McConnell. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

So the only play the non-trump republicans will have is to attack his criminality hard, right?  Or just accept defeat 18 months out.  What other tack do they have that threads a needle?

Lol at this mattering to R primary voters, DEEP STATE!

I don't know how they play this as you can't really make him into a martyr or he walks the primary, but if you go against him with it he'll get them labeled "RINO" and they'll lose that way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

"I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't nominate the guy who has already been impeached twice and led a failed coup and is currently facing a variety of charges against him."

• Rage+1 2