A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

"President Doofy J. Trump" is something of a tipoff.

Startling how realistic it appears, though.  I mean the content.

Immediate tip off 2 - everything seems spelled correctly.  Also, punctuation is largely there.  I wonder what a Chat Gpt would do to simulate a rant of his?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

March 21st.  The first Day of Spring.   You know, Spring?  Rejuvenation.  Rebirth.  Everything's blooming.  Trump going to prison.  All that crap.   

And yes, our equinox will occur the afternoon/evening of 20 March.  But it will already be March 21st in Russia when Trump is arrested and processed.  We gotta start tempering expectations though.  This may not actually happen.  Because you know...reasons.  Still worth a shot having a buncha them show up armed to austin and getting shot by police.  

Ostara??   Why are you attacking Christianity?

Unless we can burn Trump alive in a wicker cage.  In which case, carry on my pagan bro. 

I think what everyone is overlooking here is that IF, and that is a huge if, Trump is indicted on anything, the chances of finding a  jury that will actually convict him is really small,   especially on the NY RICO charges.   While those make legal sense to us, the average American, let alone MAGAT, is too stupid to understand.   And it only takes one of them to hang a jury.

If he's arrested, I highly doubt he's found guilty. 

• Rage+1 2

53 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I think what everyone is overlooking here is that IF, and that is a huge if, Trump is indicted on anything, the chances of finding a  jury that will actually convict him is really small,   especially on the NY RICO charges.   While those make legal sense to us, the average American, let alone MAGAT, is too stupid to understand.   And it only takes one of them to hang a jury.

image.thumb.png.ee49da607fa747b83c0960e38181d029.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

There's actually reports/leaks that various law enforcement agencies (including the Secret Service) from the feds down to NYPD are meeting about handling things.  Of course, the charges may not happen and the meetings at this point are just of the "if this happens and charges are filed, we will have to do this" variety.

I still am having a hard time believing it, although his yelling about it on the internet makes me think it may actually be true because if somebody is going to leak it, it'll be Trump himself.

But tonight I watched Texas piss away a lead and then come back and win it, so this could indeed be a magical week or two.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Yep.  No fucking way you can seat a jury without at least one magat 

• Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yep.  No fucking way you can seat a jury without at least one magat 

The thing is, I think most magats are going to have great difficulty concealing that fact and concealing their bias.  They're just too stupid.

There's very little chance of a stealth magat making it on a jury, and very little chance that one of them will not reveal an insane bias.

NYC, DC, and Atlanta are three places where I think it would be relatively easy to keep magats off a jury.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's actually reports/leaks that various law enforcement agencies (including the Secret Service) from the feds down to NYPD are meeting about handling things.  Of course, the charges may not happen and the meetings at this point are just of the "if this happens and charges are filed, we will have to do this" variety.

I still am having a hard time believing it, although his yelling about it on the internet makes me think it may actually be true because if somebody is going to leak it, it'll be Trump himself.

But tonight I watched Texas piss away a lead and then come back and win it, so this could indeed be a magical week or two.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Red Five said:

Yes, I would hope they’re not too crazy about nominating someone for president who will be facing a bunch of criminal charges. Jesus is that where we are now?

They can find solace in their Republican cohorts in Texas who are comfortable voting for people under indictment. So far, it’s worked out well for them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 5

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yes, I would hope they’re not too crazy about nominating someone for president who will be facing a bunch of criminal charges. Jesus is that where we are now?

They will all independently arrive at the notion that it’s all a political witch hunt, and that in itself is why they must vote for him to root out this evil and save the nation.  And by independently, of course I mean hear it from tucker and then agree with each other on Twitter and Facebook that it’s true. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They will all independently arrive at the notion that it’s all a political witch hunt, and that in itself is why they must vote for him to root out this evil and save the nation.  And by independently, of course I mean hear it from tucker and then agree with each other on Twitter and Facebook that it’s true. 

A cult does not let reality enter the conversation. This will never go away. These people are brainwashed by propaganda 

He’s investigated = a witch hunt 

He’s indicted = a corrupt DA on fake charges 

He’s convicted = rigged system 

He’s in jail = a political prisoner 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Or nominate somebody who promises to pardon Trump (never mind that it wouldn't do anything about state charges).

You know if it's not Trump, that they will have to go on the record over whether they would pardon Trump.  And it won't be journalists pushing for that answer, it'll be MAGA/MAGA politicians.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

A cult does not let reality enter the conversation. This will never go away. These people are brainwashed by propaganda 

He’s investigated = a witch hunt 

He’s indicted = a corrupt DA on fake charges 

He’s convicted = rigged system 

He’s in jail = a political prisoner 

All of this. This is the way. 

I think there was a cult of personality surrounding Obama, and certainly some over-zealous admiration.  But we've seen that with FDR, Kennedy, Reagan, and even W.  

What I never ever thought would be possible is the outright, physical idolatry of Trump.  Grown Americans in the 2010's/2020's openly worshipping a horribly flawed human being.  Even if he was Mother Teresa in terms of moral fiber, it'd still be weird.  My die-hard Catholic in-laws have one little photo of the Pope in their home, and that's it.  But it's fucking wall-to-wall Trump shit.  Of all my (insert racist comment here) black friends, liberal friends, hispanic family members, democrats, and progressives alike---I don't think any one of them had a single physical item of Obama that they purchased.  I'm sure there's was some gimme calendar somewhere in the house for giving a campaign donation.  But I have multiple friends and relatives with multiple Trump schwag in their homes/offices.  I mean, my cousin took down the crucifix in their dining room to put up $10 worth of Trump commemorative coins she paid $200 for.  It's beyond the pale, even for America.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2