A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

For hush money to a mistress.  Which a "billionaire" could have easily had his lawyer disguise as some kind of services rendered for any of his numerous little LLCs he's got floating around.  But no, it had to be done in a way to get him caught.

Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

NYPD is MAGA.  There is no matchup.

True.  But one thing you can count on when it comes to NYPD…politics aside, they really don’t like it when people come In from outta town and start shit on their turf

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Gym Jordan and his merry band of GQP fucksticks are requesting Manhattan DA's testimony to muddy the waters of any investigation/indictment of Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/20/politics/house-republicans-letter-manhattan-district-attorney/index.html

Here's where separation of powers helps out the good guys.

Congress has no role in law enforcement, even at the federal level.  They can do fact-finding relating to new laws, at the federal level, but they have zero control over state prosecutors and no legitimate interest in trying to legislate over them.  So they can ask all they want, but their subpoenas are going nowhere if they even try.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

beautiful happy endings GIF

His Truth.social account is all over the place but DeSantis is occupying a helluva lot of space in his head right now.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

Ron DeSanctimonious is dropping in the Polls so fast that he soon may be falling behind young Vivek Ramaswamy. People are beginning to find out that Ron wanted to destroy Social Security, and raise its minimum age to at least 70. He also had strong plans for cutting Medicare, and still does. Nothing good happens when you are a disciple of Super RINO Paul Ryan. Also, Florida did great long before DeSanctus came along, got my “coveted” Endorsement, shot up like a rocket, and won!

“Justice for All” has been put back up by Apple after they “mistakenly” took it off Apple iTunes. Let’s get “Justice” back to #1. The J6 Prisoners will benefit. It’s now #6. Of equal excitement is the fact that 3 of the Top Ten Songs have been strongly featured by TRUTH. #1 two days ago was “Trump Won,” by Natasha Owens, which is still on the list, and #1 now is “End of the World,” by John Rich and Tom MacDonald. This is the second Song we made #1 for John Rich. TRUTH is hot!

Spoiler

6da12815384243d3.jpg

b0bf44d41a7ca664.jpg

If disbarred and fully discredited lawyer Michael Cohen is not indicted for PERJURY, THEN PERJURY DOES NOT EXIST!

8ec1df8b470e716a.jpg

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Kookiest Kook Living in front of an Amazing surf break-Cottons. And short walk to many of the best breaks in the world. Fucker.
One of my friends walks by there every Sunday and flips a casual bird in case Dick is around in spirit.

The scale shifted not long ago, and his relative placement improved as a result. So he’s got that going for him.  Nixon, not your friend. 

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

A few people I know are shocked at even just the thought of Trump being indicted.  I've asked them if they knew why Michael Cohen was arrested and had to do jail time and none of them ever bothered to look into it.

James Franco GIF

Yet another applicable use of the Arrested Development meme:

"Son, they can't arrest me for the financial fraud crime.  Cohen already did time for that.  They can't arrest two people for the same crime."

-Yeah, that's not a thing.  You can't be tried twice for the same crime.  But two people can absolutely be arrested and tried for the same crime if they both participated in it, Dad.

"I have the worst fucking attorneys!"  

also, full disclosure today.  I've been smoking meth and making a giant glowstick necklace since like 4am.  Gonna be lit as fuck today.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I gotta say I'm a bit worried about this one.  As has been alluded to, John Edwards beat a similar rap in 2011 that also included false statements to investigators.

This one adds a layer to it with the NY falsifying busines records thing, but they still have to prove the campaign finance violation to make it a felony.

It's going to suck if he manages to be acquitted, and as far as I can tell this is the weakest of the cases under consideration by the authorities, at least in terms of legal soundness.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I gotta say I'm a bit worried about this one.  As has been alluded to, John Edwards beat a similar rap in 2011 that also included false statements to investigators.

This one adds a layer to it with the NY falsifying busines records thing, but they still have to prove the campaign finance violation to make it a felony.

It's going to suck if he manages to be acquitted, and as far as I can tell this is the weakest of the cases under consideration by the authorities, at least in terms of legal soundness.

3136208D-D583-4504-AC59-05FAB6569CB5.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

On this one, the facts seem pretty clean, there's a paper trail, establishing Trump's knowledge of the details may be hard.

But the legal theory that this is an "in kind" campaign contribution has never really been tested in a criminal context.  When Edwards was acquitted, it foreclosed any appeal to test it out.

And don't give me the Michael Cohen pled to it.  That just means it wasn't proven, and, again, not legally tested.  He also pled to five counts of tax evasion and one count of bank fraud so that three years was a substantial discount on a potential sentence.  That information against Cohen could have included general mopery for all it matters.

Even if he's convicted on it, and I think NYC is just the place to do that, I am greatly fearful that it might be overturned on appeal.

I'd hate to start out his criminal odyssey with an acquittal.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Even if this one doesn't end up sticking, it will start making him panic and do even dumber shit.  The more serious charges with the NY AG and U.S. Attorney.  And then of course, high treason.  

Today, I'm looking for two things:

1.  I want to learn more about the reimbursement request from Michael Cohen.  We've all filled out hundreds of those over the years, but the notes section?  That's gonna be the basis of my novel.  "$130,000 for out-of-pocket cash payment.  No credit card receipt or cancelled check available due to nature of expense.  Campaign related.  Payment to a Stephanie Clifford.  Event?  'Operation Mushroom'."  

2.  Some MAGA rioters to accidentally get killed.  I don't give a shit anymore.  They almost, and may still, plunge my children's future into a 10-year abyss with their insurrection.  Fuck 'em.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2