A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Do we have anybody in Waco that isn’t in the dark side that wants to show up and report from Waco?  I invited the Good Liars adorn and told ‘em if they came, I’d bring ‘em down to Austin to enjoy themselves afterwards.  But I didn’t realize they travel in a group of four plus security detail 

Fortunately I have an event to attend in Brown County on Saturday (new sentence for me!), but I'll report on any shenanigans I see before then and after I get back.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

I mean, it really is too bad that we don't have laws against jury tampering / intimidation here in the U.S. ...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476u7iqav8oiga6ox8q3

We do but it is nearly impossible to prove (even if blatant and obvious) and even harder to convict, so like pretty much all laws, completely worthless (unless you are brown or poor)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  This just isn't happening is it?

Did he really make it up and everyone just went along with it?  Including the NYPD?

What happened, I'm pretty sure, is his lawyers informed him of Bragg's "invitation" to testify to the grand jury and that that likely meant an indictment was imminent.  Notably no leak from anyone.  

Then the fat orange blabbermouth started flooding the channel with his usual bullshit.

That, then, and maybe some other things, brought it to the attention of authorities who decided to pepper their angus.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Also, Bragg using "legitimate legislative purpose" to tell Gym to fuck his own face.

https://www.textise.net/showText.aspx?strURL=https%3A//www.nytimes.com/2023/03/23/nyregion/bragg-trump-jordan-congress.html#site-content

That and attorney client privilege/work product are going to hold up here pretty well I think.

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, Bragg using "legitimate legislative purpose" to tell Gym to fuck his own face.

https://www.textise.net/showText.aspx?strURL=https%3A//www.nytimes.com/2023/03/23/nyregion/bragg-trump-jordan-congress.html#site-content

That and attorney client privilege/work product are going to hold up here pretty well I think.

Mr. Trump, for his own part, used racist language to describe the district attorney on Thursday, referring to Mr. Bragg, who is Black, as an “animal” in a post on his social media platform.

The old dog whistle

Edited by pacman
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I've now seen 3 makeshift Trump stands selling merch in Waco that have popped up in the last two days. I haven't seen anyone looking at their wares yet, but the action doesn't start until Saturday. 

Ain’t nobody got time for that. BUT one of you good souls should make a big sign with the “Makes fun of disabled people” picture on it, and see what kind of lowlifes still buy trump’s made in China shit. 

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Do we have anybody in Waco that isn’t in the dark side that wants to show up and report from Waco?  I invited the Good Liars adorn and told ‘em if they came, I’d bring ‘em down to Austin to enjoy themselves afterwards.  But I didn’t realize they travel in a group of four plus security detail 

I would help crowdfund it being made worth your while to make the drive and film how it goes with you wearing a “Liberals For Trump” T shirt.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I've now seen 3 makeshift Trump stands selling merch in Waco that have popped up in the last two days. I haven't seen anyone looking at their wares yet, but the action doesn't start until Saturday. 

I've driven by the woman on Hewitt Drive a couple of times and no one was there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

It signifies that entertainment is a-coming.   

I think they do.  I think it clearly means his fevered little brain is auto-cannibalizing.

Now, what he says when melting down doesn't seem to make much difference, but it is solid entertainment.

1 hour ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, Post Oak said:
Apparently Waco was smart and already billed and received 61k payment from Trump for his rally.

Haven't these things consistently cost cities well over $100K?

It’s Waco, who else is going to rent they dump 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

losers get laughed at. the world is a cold place. 

Did you know that when Biden was a senator he voted against blacks?

What the fuck does that even mean...voted against blacks???

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

losers get laughed at. the world is a cold place. 

Nothing changes hearts and minds quite like getting your point across to your audience with:

‘Did you that…. I bet you didn’t know that…’

One thing that Trump has taught me, however, is that there’s a whole population of people among us that can seem normal but fundamentally lack the required critical thinking skills or emotional intelligence to be complete human beings.

Supporting MAGA is the scarlet letter that shows everyone that part of your brain is broken. But it is sometimes hard to know to what degree. 
Im pretty sure the Waco crowd has gone full walking dead level MAGA, though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That might be his most thinly veiled threat to date.  And that’s already a low bar.  

He must be taking away something interesting from what his lawyers are saying. Yeah, he's a paranoid fuck, but he really is taking it to another level.

And it sounds like he's trying to convince himself more than anybody else that this shouldn't happen to him.

22 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

there's been one on the corner of 19th and Lakeshore that I drive by to and from work.

he wasn't there this morning.

and i haven't seen nary a flag or RV adorned with Trump shit at that new Camp Fimfo bullshit place they built.

If you wanna shout stupid political at a bar or street corner, have at it.  But he tacitly claimed in a university classroom that there was a U.S. Senate vote a few years ago where they were asked to cast a vote “are you for against the blacks?”   I would kick him out, not for Trump worship but for being a fucking idiot.  

$50 says Charlie Kirk winds this kid up to run for student government.  And yes, we’re gonna pay somebody to videotape the debate

• Like 2

Everyone, “so everybody knows it Donald?”

Trump, “well everyone except the grand jury I guess.”

foreman, “there are literally a dozen of us, Donald!  Dozen!”  

when your best defense is that convicting you of a crime will result in your legion of dipshits murdering fellow Americans, maybe take a timeout and plot your next move more strategically. 

It used to be hyperbole, but now I’ve given over wholeheartedly…that these are the worst fucking people alive.  I hope Waco goes up again in fucking flames tomorrow.  Sorry for your loss 

• Hook 'Em 4