A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

So how does that play out? Marshals go scoop him up? Is DeSantis breaking the law?

Trump wants the opportunity to give a speech on the courthouse steps. He’s going voluntarily and meatball Ron knows that. All bark
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So how does that play out? Marshals go scoop him up? Is DeSantis breaking the law?

A federal court will order DeSantis to cooperate and deliver up Trump.  Failure to do so will subject him to contempt fines and potential jailing.

It will, unfortunately, be good theater for DeSantis. Maybe fortunately.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Does anyone have eyes on Ttom? Worried he might go all suicidal bomber in NYC. I’m mostly serious, that dude was a total fucking nutjob.

I have like 50 people on ignore. This site is stocked full of crazy people 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Does anyone have eyes on Ttom? Worried he might go all suicidal bomber in NYC. I’m mostly serious, that dude was a total fucking nutjob.

Oh man my day just got like 5% better knowing he's fucking raging right now. Thanks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The dark day in US history was when the criminal sociopath Trump was elected president.

NYTimes saying that it was "taboo" to indict a former POTUS. No, dipshits, that's not why this never happened before; it never happened before because we were never so stupid of a country as to elect such a slimebag as Trump.

You do realize Richard Nixon was elected twice, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, C-Man said:

And that motherfucker saw the writing on the wall and walked away. He was pardoned by Ford. Otherwise, he was going to prison, where Trump should be headed. Trump doesn’t seem to be going so softly into that goodnight. I hope that motherfucker rots.

☝️

Trump is worse than Nixon.

• Hook 'Em 7

18 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Man, that is a tough one. And I am being serious. Nixon’s war on drugs has caused A LOT of death, broken homes and generational crime and poverty. Not to mention waste of billions upon billions of dollars.

Nixon was a much more intelligent and competent policy maker than Trump could ever hope to be.

The War on Drugs, which has mostly been escalated by every administration since, has proven in retrospect to be a horrible, horrible mistake, but was not a completely irrational decision at the time.  That it was at least partially racially motivated doesn't completely change that.

It's one of those things, though, that does give me a bit of "small government" bias because the government so rarely reverses itself and bad policy, or even decent policy with unintended consequences, just acquires inertia and keeps on rolling.

China may have been a mistake, too, it's a little bit hard to tell, but again was not wholly irrational at the time.

And, as fucked up as he was, Nixon proved to have more of a moral compass than Trump ever did.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

That’s what I mean, it’s a tough call. And yes, administrations after his perpetuated the WoD, but he started it and the results are epic. When one thinks about how much that destabilized parts of Latin America. The death and destruction of families.

Just need to keep that in mind. And I am sure everyone knows how I feel about Trump. Only people worse than Trump are his followers. You can almost, just fucking almost, appreciate the art of his con.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rimbo said:

The dark day in US history was when the criminal sociopath Trump was elected president.

NYTimes saying that it was "taboo" to indict a former POTUS. No, dipshits, that's not why this never happened before; it never happened before because we were never so stupid of a country as to elect such a slimebag as Trump.

Every other President had served the country in some way before they were elected, either in the military or some other public office. Not Trump. Four years in the White House and he still hasn’t spent one day of his life in service to his country. Only to himself.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Man, that is a tough one. And I am being serious. Nixon’s war on drugs has caused A LOT of death, broken homes and generational crime and poverty. Not to mention waste of billions upon billions of dollars.

Reagan is more responsible for that than Nixon. Nixon coined the term “War on Drugs.” He moved marijuana to Schedule I to fuck with the hippies protesting against the war in Vietnam. But it was Reagan who invested huge amounts of money into it and decided to treat it like an actual war.