A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

I'm sorry, so he literally used MILK-TOAST, twice?  Like not only is that a word but also how you complete a meal deal at the Mar-a-Lago Waffle House?  

How the fuck do some of you people think this guy is mentally relevant?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know words, I have the best words.   But there's no better word than MILK.  And there's no better word than TOAST.  

okay?  I talk to dairy farmers.  I talk to wheat farmers.  And they all tell me the same thing, "We love you, President Trump.  You make MILK TOAST."  

You are seriously the stupidest fucking people.  At least the rubes in fascist regimes back in the day could blame lack of access to proper information.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

In the early days his supporters justified such stupidity as code because even they couldn’t believe how dumb he must otherwise be

Been a lot of articles about the cognitive dissonance Trump causes among his followers. It's why they latch on to counterfactuals to rationalize him.

This Ron Filipkowski bit is pretty good. Something to keep in mind when he complains about being targeted for being a presidential candidate. Now going on 20 days without an event...

On 5/29/2023 at 8:06 AM, YGIFS said:

I see Trump as more of a Syd Barrett guy.  Complete stream of conscious writing with little regard for grammar on acid.  Maybe he'll die like Syd.

On 5/28/2023 at 12:57 PM, tx 3 putt said:

So old ….

IMG_4409.jpeg

IMG_4408.jpeg

Shine On You Crazy Zirconia

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2023/05/31/donald-trump-turnberry-golf-course-blacklisted-by-open/

Donald Trump will have to sell his Turnberry golf resort before the Scottish course is considered for another Open Championship.

The 45th US president has been lobbying for his Ayrshire venue to be picked again, saying this month that “everybody wants to see the Open Championship here”.

However, insiders close to the R&A, the company which runs golf’s original championship, confirmed he is facing rejection again, with organisers adamant he will not be considered. Trump was told he was unlikely to get an Open after the US Capitol attack in January 2021. One source said the position remained just as robust as it did then due to the perceived security risk from potential protests.

The 151st Open takes place this summer at Royal Liverpool from July 16. But Trump, who is seen as likely to be the Republican nominee for a potential second stint in the White House, has been talking up relations with the R&A in recent months. In an interview with GB News during his last visit to the course on May 3, he said he had “spent a tremendous amount of money” redeveloping the course following advice from former chief executive of The R&A, Peter Dawson.

“It was done with a great architect,” he said. “A great golf architect recommended by Peter Dawson.... I said, give me the best one and Martin Grant Hawtree. He’s a fabulous guy, a fabulous man.... What he does is this type of course, he really did a great job.”

He added: “We’re going to make a couple of little minor adjustments but it’s fantastic. Everybody wants to see the Open Championship here – the players, it’s their favourite course, it’s the number one rated in Europe.”

Trump will host his biggest male tournament in the UK to date in August – the PGA Seniors Championship at his controversial links course near Aberdeen. There are also plans to host a LIV event at Doonbeg in Co Clare, perhaps next year. This year his courses are staging three of the Saudi-funded circuit’s events, including last week in Washington DC.

Trump purchased Turnberry in 2014, five years after it last staged golf’s oldest major. The R&A’s chief executive, Martin Slumbers, first said in Jan 2021 that his organisation “had no plans to stage any of our championships at Turnberry and will not do so in the foreseeable future”.

Three years on, an R&A source told Telegraph Sport “our position remains unchanged”. The source added: “We have no plans to stage any of our championships there in the foreseeable future and will not return until we are convinced that the focus will be on the championship, the players and the course itself,” the insider added. Another insider close to tours added: “The way it looks now, he would have to sell up before anything changes.”

The former US president spent time at  the resort in South Ayrshire three weeks ago. Trump Turnberry staff waved hats which said “Made Turnberry Great Again” as they greeted him.

He is still facing court action in the United States. He has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records and is also facing a civil trial over an allegation that he raped an advice columnist in the mid-1990s.

So turnberry golf club has been around since 1902 and that guy can’t help but put his name on it when he bought it, as his mental condition requires.   R&A should definitely make him change the name back as a condition, if they ever think about softening their current stance. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

This Ron Filipkowski bit is pretty good. Something to keep in mind when he complains about being targeted for being a presidential candidate. Now going on 20 days without an event...

Well, it has been a successful strategy.

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So turnberry golf club has been around since 1902 and that guy can’t help but put his name on it when he light it, as his mental condition requires.   R&A should definitely make him change the name back as a condition, if they ever think about softening their current stance. 

They should make him rename  the course as "St. Obama Royal Golf Course"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

1 hour ago, Woland said:

Well, it has been a successful strategy.

This.

He doesn't have to campaign.  He just has to "be Trump," and issue the occasional outrageous/hateful/stochastic terrorist call to arms statement.  That's it.  That's all he has to do, and he WALTZES into the GQP nomination.  There is no party but the party of Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

Given his desire to be the biggest and bestest Prez of all time, I really do think he's chasing down Taft at 340lbs.  He's got it in sight now.  One extra KFC bucket a week will put him over the top.  

Side note, I imagine he sweats Big Mac sauce.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^this.  Every few months, I'll lightly toast some bread and use the girls' PB&J and flash freeze some milk for 5 minutes to get it crazy cold.  With some potato chips.  I think it's more of nostalgia but it can really hit the spot.  

It however, my quarterly taste for milk and toast should not be adopted as the communications platform of a major party presidential candidate

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

This.
He doesn't have to campaign.  He just has to "be Trump," and issue the occasional outrageous/hateful/stochastic terrorist call to arms statement.  That's it.  That's all he has to do, and he WALTZES into the GQP nomination.  There is no party but the party of Trump.

He will have plenty of time to campaign once he’s elected.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

It however, my quarterly taste for milk and toast should not be adopted as the communications platform of a major party presidential candidate

If "periodic taste quirks" are the basis for a presidential communications platform, I'm holding out for Candidate Easy Cheese on Ritz.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If "periodic taste quirks" are the basis for a presidential communications platform, I'm holding out for Candidate Easy Cheese on Ritz.

MItch would have made a fine President.

• Hook 'Em 1

In defense of dotard, milquetoast’s origin is milk toast. The name of 1920’s comic character Caspar Milquetoast is inspired by the American dish milk toast, an extremely simple dish of sliced buttered toast with milk poured over it that is intended for people who are ill.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

In defense of dotard, milquetoast’s origin is milk toast. The name of 1920’s comic character Caspar Milquetoast is inspired by the American dish milk toast, an extremely simple dish of sliced buttered toast with milk poured over it that is intended for people who are ill.

That home remedy sounds ridiculous. Everyone knows 7UP is a cure all for sick people.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Wow, D'nesh D'souza posts here!

• Haha 2