Ad weirdness being fixed. ×

A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

52 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have no idea why in the blue fuck the FBI or any government officials would have "toured" his document storage.  Either he's supposed to have that shit, or he's not.  It doesn't depend on how secure it is.  That's the baffling part.

I take that part of the story with a massive grain of salt.  There were two parties who could talk about that meeting: the FBI and people from Trump's camp, and I highly doubt the FBI side was talking.  So any description of the tour and how it concluded came from Trump's camp.  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Very true regarding the breathless speculations of the anti-Trump media.  It makes everything anticlimactic and creates the "cried wolf" syndrome.  Plays right into his hands.

As much as we make fun of the cottage industry created by right wing nuts, the race to get some crazy trump rumor clicks is ridiculous and absolutely aides his cause.  

while there is no Tim Poole or OANN left equivalent, the click dorks ruin everything and play into the trumpcuck narrative.   Thanks assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

let's keep track how many times the pumpkin changes his story / the dialogue over the next couple of weeks 

It will be 15+.   But the media will, run out 100+ inside source stories that get refuted.  

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

That was amazing.  She was not expecting that questioning on that show.

I love how she keeps talking about cooperating with the investigation, after yesterday saying that the FBI planted evidence.

All trump lawyers suck. Fuck them all traitors. Approved by my drunk self

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

okay, then why don't you release the docs yourself since you already have them?

His lawyer said they were going by the book. (Yes, I know that's nonsensical and BS, but that's what she said).

Also, she has a very long face.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 8/10/2022 at 9:06 PM, Dutchrudder said:

I listened to part of the Eric Trump interview on Hannity from Monday night, you know 8/8 Raid Day.  Anyways, he actually said a few interesting things. He claims he was there when the raid happened, he was not shown the warrant

Why would they show it to him? He's not the owner or subject of the warrant.

• Hook 'Em 3

Look I know Trump would sell anything to anyone for personal profit.  But I still didn't think he would sell nuclear secrets to the Saudis.  I consistently fail to comprehend just how far he will go.

Edited by deech

I mean, I wouldn't put it past Trump to take nuclear secrets for profit or leverage.  That it is completely within the realm of possibility shows exactly how unfit for office he is, but I think @Ted Lange is right to be dubious.  All we have is a single WaPo article claiming its nuclear codes.  If it turns out to be anything less, the "conspiracy against Trump" gets more entrenched in the minds of his base.  I think it is more likely that he is doing what he does best -- playing the media to his advantage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I mean, I wouldn't put it past Trump to take nuclear secrets for profit or leverage.  That it is completely within the realm of possibility shows exactly how unfit for office he is, but I think @Ted Lange is right to be dubious.  All we have is a single WaPo article claiming its nuclear codes.  If it turns out to be anything less, the "conspiracy against Trump" gets more entrenched in the minds of his base.  I think it is more likely that he is doing what he does best -- playing the media to his advantage.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Is the SS detail w/ dotard made up from the same dudes who deleted their texts after 1/6?  If so, this might be a massive amount of CYA.

Yea, I speculated that earlier in the thread. One of the good agents that was furious about the agencies actions during and after 1/6 that is self cleansing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Pretty much where I’m at.  I’ll chuckle and shake my head, but I’m not boosting that theory 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

1.  I challenge you to find an issue where the Rs have a good point (itself is a challenge these days) where he tweeted and see if you can't tell which side he's rooting on.

2.  Well, yeah.

Hell I'll go you one better. Try to find one fucking instance where a nationally elected Republican (not on the Jan 6th committee) simply tells the truth?  

That is what is so dangerous about our country right now.  It really does remind me of Hitler's development of grievance, where people who knew the truth went along with lies, at first for personal power, and then out of fear.  Facts are now something to be ignored or distorted.  Actually speaking the Truth is about the most dangerous thing and elected Republican can do these days if they want to stay elected.  Simply because the Republican electorate has been so thoroughly convinced that lies are truth (because they never, ever, ever can be allowed to hear the truth).  Because the Truth is now something very dangerous.   

To me it seems like rejecting the Truth is the far, far more dangerous situation for the Country.  But please my Republican friends can you show me an actual instance of one paragraph of speech by a Republican Senator or Representative that is factually truthful.  Think of it as a dissertation of research to find 3 sentences.  Because you will never find 5 truthful sentences.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Trump’s next move will be to lean into what he did- it was normal, good, perfect to take the documents and do whatever he did with them, whatever it is. Everyone does it, he’s being treated unfairly. I think a legal theory will take shape like this: if he took classified docs, well, he was president when he left the house, and thus he declassified them by becoming not president with them in his possession. 
He will fundraise off having them. He will make unqualified affirmative support for his actions a litmus test for the party and they will fall in line. 

watch. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Trump’s next move will be to lean into what he did- it was normal, good, perfect to take the documents and do whatever he did with them, whatever it is. Everyone does it, he’s being treated unfairly. He will fundraise off having them. He will make unqualified affirmative support for his actions a litmus test for the party and they will fall in line. 

watch. 

Pretty much,

-they will go he is the president, he has a right to have those documents 

-so what, he didn’t sell them

-he was just preserving them

-Obama did worse

-Hilary server or hunter laptop

-finally look at the migrants 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Who cares what his base thinks?

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Trump’s next move will be to lean into what he did- it was normal, good, perfect to take the documents and do whatever he did with them, whatever it is. Everyone does it, he’s being treated unfairly. He will fundraise off having them. He will make unqualified affirmative support for his actions a litmus test for the party and they will fall in line. 

watch. 

Yep.  He'll spin it into some kind of "swamp" take-down; and the trumpkins will eat it up...including Congressional Reps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

As an aside, our local orange cocksuckers sure have been quiet lately. 

They’re waiting for their talking points and in the meantime acting like they’re above any political discourse.  
Except the one guy who popped in to let us know how unfair this is to trump - who he also hates, by the way.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, deech said:

Look I know Trump would sell anything to anyone for personal profit.  But I still didn't think he would sell nuclear secrets to the Saudis.  I consistently fail to comprehend just how far he will go.

There is no bottom. You can never say, “But he’d never do that!” Because the answer is always yes, yes he would. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who cares what his base thinks?

No one?  But getting rid of Trump isn’t served by all the news bombshells that wind up being duds.  That just strengthens his hold on his base, which strengthens his hold on the GOP which increases the likelihood we get him as President again.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Trump’s next move will be to lean into what he did- it was normal, good, perfect to take the documents and do whatever he did with them, whatever it is. Everyone does it, he’s being treated unfairly. I think a legal theory will take shape like this: if he took classified docs, well, he was president when he left the house, and thus he declassified them by becoming not president with them in his possession. 
He will fundraise off having them. He will make unqualified affirmative support for his actions a litmus test for the party and they will fall in line. 

watch. 

His lawyer pushed that yesterday basically. If he has the docs they can’t be classified because he can unilaterally declassify them by thought alone, there is no “ceremony” (her words) necessary for him to follow. If he looks at them and says they aren’t classified, that’s it. It’s absurd, but with this SCOTUS, it will probably work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Pretty much,

-they will go he is the president, he has a right to have those documents 

-so what, he didn’t sell them

-he was just preserving them

-Obama did worse

-Hilary server or hunter laptop

-finally look at the migrants 

“I don’t even like Trump. Nobody does, you hysterical lib.”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

There’s a WaPo article that says it’s nuclear codes? Does it claim a source? Because those would be worthless. I’m sure they’re changed regularly and there’s no way whatever codes a President possesses don’t become obsolete the moment he leaves office. At least that had better be how it works. I have to assume it is. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m thinking he kept some PDBs that had either nuclear asset postures or something similar for a potential event like China invading Taiwan, or Russia invading Crimea/Ukraine. I doubt he pulled nuclear weapon plans or anything of the like because that would have raised red flags when it happened because 1) those documents don’t reside in the WH, 2) there would be a paper trail for the request, courier, logging out of one SCIF into another for storage, etc, and 3) the pentagon/archives would have definitely noticed that they weren’t returned at the end of his tenure.  

it doesn’t make it any better, our most dangerous secrets are generally pretty benign looking stuff. Asset postures give adversaries a peak into how we would prosecute a major shooting war.  I’m sure his PDBs contain lots of vulnerability assessments for things like our energy grid, cyber, troop readiness during Covid, nuclear weapon and fleet assessments, etc that would provide avenues to exploit. 

My best guess is a USSS agent saw Trump showing off something like a PDB to donors/hangers on that contained sensitive material and blew the whistle. The ugly part is that if it’s truly sensitive the gov’t won’t be able to really talk about it because “we cant confirm or deny” is the only valid response you can use to anyone that doesn’t have the clearance and need to know about the info, so he can exploit that soft language. There will be committees in congress that will be able to get the truth, and I fully expect the Rs on those committees to use similar dodgy language or just outright lie to prove cover for that orange fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

As dumb as Trump is, even worse is the click driven media that enables him.

These POS are racing to be the ones that have THE story.  The more outrageous the more clicks,

Then when it turns out Trump wasn’t on tape selling nuclear secrets to saudi, but did something wholly inappropriate and jail worthy people are like well, it wasn’t as bad as I expected.   Thanks click bait bitches and Louis mecnch and Hugo.   

Really hope you are right on this and makes sense.  But if he committed a crime, he should pay the same cost as everybody in this nation that breaks laws.  Shouldn't matter the severity, ala Al Capone. 

Edit: He's so awful that he makes every scenario fully possible.  

Edited by Mdhorn

12 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

His lawyer pushed that yesterday basically. If he has the docs they can’t be classified because he can unilaterally declassify them by thought alone, there is no “ceremony” (her words) necessary for him to follow. If he looks at them and says they aren’t classified, that’s it. It’s absurd, but with this SCOTUS, it will probably work. 

The one out is 18 USC 739 and a few similar statutes that speak in terms of documents and things "relating to the national defense," which is not tied to their classification status.  It also thankfully speaks in terms of "has reason to know" is valuable to another nation, rather than more absolute terms.

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I could see Kush. He seems ambitious and happy to do high profile work while his buffoon father in law has power. But he also probably wants to do important stuff going forward. Traitors generally don’t make it into legitimate corporate board rooms. He probably wants more options than working for a pillow salesman.

Edited by 'stache

6 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I’m thinking he kept some PDBs that had either nuclear asset postures or something similar for a potential event like China invading Taiwan, or Russia invading Crimea/Ukraine. I doubt he pulled nuclear weapon plans or anything of the like because that would have raised red flags when it happened because 1) those documents don’t reside in the WH, 2) there would be a paper trail for the request, courier, logging out of one SCIF into another for storage, etc, and 3) the pentagon/archives would have definitely noticed that they weren’t returned at the end of his tenure.  

it doesn’t make it any better, our most dangerous secrets are generally pretty benign looking stuff. Asset postures give adversaries a peak into how we would prosecute a major shooting war.  I’m sure his PDBs contain lots of vulnerability assessments for things like our energy grid, cyber, troop readiness during Covid, nuclear weapon and fleet assessments, etc that would provide avenues to exploit. 

My best guess is a USSS agent saw Trump showing off something like a PDB to donors/hangers on that contained sensitive material and blew the whistle. The ugly part is that if it’s truly sensitive the gov’t won’t be able to really talk about it because “we cant confirm or deny” is the only valid response you can use to anyone that doesn’t have the clearance and need to know about the info, so he can exploit that soft language. There will be committees in congress that will be able to get the truth, and I fully expect the Rs on those committees to use similar dodgy language or just outright lie to prove cover for that orange fuck. 

PDB=President's Daily Briefing?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe this was posted upstream, but FYI:

Also, signal intelligence may have been at the beach club for all the cool kids to read/take selfies with/make copies of

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The one out is 18 USC 739 and a few similar statutes that speak in terms of documents and things "relating to the national defense," which is not tied to their classification status.  It also thankfully speaks in terms of "has reason to know" is valuable to another nation, rather than more absolute terms.

Need to know is a rule within the classification domain, of which the CINC is all powerful, so I’m not sure it would cause him any issues legally. My concern is there isn’t fully codified rules for classification/declassification at the presidents level, because the constitution expects that person to act in the country’s best interests. Because there is a gray area SCOTUS can play the “not spelled out in the constitution, congress should do something about that” card and dotard walks. 

54 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

watch. 

• Rage+1 1

People need to get off the nuclear stuff until there's better sourcing. That's not something he could have just called his secretary on his way out the door to box up for him. That's not how that works, even for the President. He doesn't get carte blanche access to any document he wants without going through protocols.

As others have said, falling for the sensationalism plays right into the GOP's hands 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1