Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Mayfield's a turnover machine.  Pretty much straight kryptonite for a defense heavy squad who just wants the offense to possess the ball/ burn clock/ and matriculate that shit down the field methodically for the 49ers.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

He's literal trash. The #1 WR for whatever team he plays for can just forget about ever seeing the ball. I mean holy fuck, PJ Walker was better, and by quite a bit.

Baker's physical limitations were plenty so he would have had to work his ass off to be even passable in the league.  Instead, he is what he is - a spoiled immature brat who angered teammates, didn't study, and talked shit about other players. 

The Ringer said this about Baker in one of their QB rankings articles and it makes me chuckle:

"Baker can sling it. That is not up for debate, but his Arm Talent grade takes a hit because he’s a max-effort thrower who has to put his whole-ass body into a pass to generate power. So when he has to really drive it—typically on in-breaking routes in the intermediate areas of the field—you see some inconsistent accuracy."

On 10/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, MotownHorn said:

He could probably have a fine Colt-like career making $2 million a year for the next decade as a backup if he had the humility.

It's one of the best jobs in football. $2 million a year and you don't take the hits.

But he's too much of an arrogant ass to be smart enough to do that. 

Called it. Dumbass could have just been humble and finished out the year cashing a decent paycheck.

But no. He demands to be released. What a moron 

38 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Called it. Dumbass could have just been humble and finished out the year cashing a decent paycheck.

Especially dumb this late into the season, unless an immediate landing spot had been figured before he asked. You're not gonna be able to bring in a QB and catch them up to speed at this point. Nobody gonna wanna want him.

I honestly think that he thought San Fran would be interested. They aren't. They're fine to roll with the Brock Lobster, or literally anyone other than Baker.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Satchel said:

He’ll be annoying millions next Fall as a regular on FOX’s Big Saturday.

I can't wait to see which kind of plaid suit and sneaker ensemble they put him in. I hope he and Brady Quinn get on the same page with the lipstick shades so no one gets embarrassed.

EE9M87HXsAAS-Tf.jpg:large

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Especially dumb this late into the season, unless an immediate landing spot had been figured before he asked. You're not gonna be able to bring in a QB and catch them up to speed at this point. Nobody gonna wanna want him.

I honestly think that he thought San Fran would be interested. They aren't. They're fine to roll with the Brock Lobster, or literally anyone other than Baker.

Yep. Ride out the year as #3 and see if someone else wants you in the offseason. Demanding a release is just LOL

7 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Yep. Ride out the year as #3 and see if someone else wants you in the offseason. Demanding a release is just LOL

It's kinda like the old quote “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”. He could have just sailed under the radar, gotten paid, and then try to work something out in the offseason. Now he really needs to get signed, or he's proper fooked.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Probably thinks he'll walk into San Fran and lead a playoff contender. Except there's no NFL film on Purdy for defenses to digest, which is to his advantage right now. There's plenty of film how to fuck with Baker, specifically make him throw the ball, chances are he'll throw it right to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All the espn reporting on bm to the rams includes the line they he could play Thursday. As if he could learn the offensive nomenclature well enough in a day and a half to be able to run their offense. 

Not that hard.

BM. 88 do a 10 yard curl. 86 do a 9 yard curl. 2 do a post by the Pontiac. 
2. I’m the punter you chucklehead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah just look for a defender, and throw it to them...

If he could hit the target he wouldn’t be in this situation. Maybe that’s what he should try. The George Constanza school of quarterbacking. 

I’m mostly just glad I don’t have to see him in commercials anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3