Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Derek Carr.

He's good enough to stay in the league, but not good enough to actually win anything. 

As a Raider fan, I've wanted them to move on from Carr for a number of years.   

Maybe the embarrassment of getting out played by BM will be the nudge that gets the Raider to make a move: 

image.png.fa7acab37e4b4706680bb7006966f12a.png

But for this year, the backup is Jarrett Stidham....There are probably a dozen better QB in the transfer portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

He's good enough to stay in the league, but not good enough to actually win anything. 

Maybe the embarrassment of getting out played by BM will be the nudge that gets the Raider to make a move: 

But for this year, the backup is Jarrett Stidham....There are probably a dozen better QB in the transfer portal. 

Yep. Been a Raider fan since I was a kid. Carr is a “nice” guy but an average QB at best. I’ve been saying the same thing. The killer tonight it was Baker of all people to lead that game winning drive. Unreal.

52 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I thought he was going to be really good after his 2016 season. Believe the Raiders were looking to get the 1 seed then he has a major injury and they went into a tailspin and he's never been the same since.

This season is a huge disaster. They have the offensive talent with Adams, Waller, Jacobs and others.

17 hours ago, statsman said:

Remember when Mayfield mocked the Giants for selecting Daniel Jones?

Yeah bruh.  But he’s leading the defending Super Bowl champs on 98 yard winning drives.  

🤪🤪🤪

https://twitter.com/ramsnfl/status/1601100260729794560?s=46&t=0piawvojKIlr_XveNztJ2A

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 1

I cant believe there are actually college-educated adults that follow the nfl. Lmao

Follow, yes. Emotional about it? Not at all.

I enjoy the chess match but give no fucks who wins. Plus I do like how the NFL has created a level playing field so it really just becomes all about who can execute. Which is what I enjoy following.
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Also, i have a conspiracy theory, there's no way that Baker and the Rams weren't in communication before he asked for his release, he has had that playbook longer than 2 days. He did not walk in after 2 days and know as much as he showed yesterday. There was definite prior communication.

He said on the postgame show that he had booked his ticket before he hit the waiver wire.

This is the 4th time the Raiders have blown a 13 point lead this season, right? And now they did it again to a (then) 3 win Rams team. I think the story is less about Baker Mayfield than it is how shitty the Raiders are at closing games. 

I mean damn, didn’t Jeff Saturday beat the raiders a few weeks ago?
This is the 4th time the Raiders have blown a 13 point lead this season, right? And now they did it again to a (then) 3 win Rams team. I think the story is less about Baker Mayfield than it is how shitty the Raiders are at closing games. 

I mean damn, didn’t Jeff Saturday beat the raiders a few weeks ago?

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

He’s a cunt but San Fran might be rethinking things after that game.

No they aren't. Brock Purdy was a lot better against Miami than Bitch boy was against the lousy Raiders.

Both were clearly a case of "backup QB comes in and does well against a defense that had no gameplan for them", but regardless, i was more impressed with Purdy.

Edited by Pam Cummings

I still don't get how people think Baker is the worst ever #1 pick when Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, David Carr exist. Baker does have Cleveland's only playoff win in the last 3 decades. Obviously he didn't pan out but there were much worse than him. Still a dumb pick by Cleveland in that draft. But Jamarcus Russell takes the cake for worst #1 pick in my eyes.

• Like 2

I still don't get how people think Baker is the worst ever #1 pick when Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, David Carr exist. Baker does have Cleveland's only playoff win in the last 3 decades. Obviously he didn't pan out but there were much worse than him. Still a dumb pick by Cleveland in that draft. But Jamarcus Russell takes the cake for worst #1 pick in my eyes.

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/worst-number-1-draft-picks-nfl/

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/biggest-nfl-busts/

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

It is just easier to dislike Deuchy McDeucheface Baker. 

Also, i have a conspiracy theory, there's no way that Baker and the Rams weren't in communication before he asked for his release, he has had that playbook longer than 2 days. He did not walk in after 2 days and know as much as he showed yesterday. There was definite prior communication.

He and Carolina had been talking about a release Carolina knew he’d get claimed by the Rams as they needed a QB desperately. They were choosing 4th I believe. Much of the game he played like someone that had the playbook for a day and a half.

Those 4th quarter defensive calls by the Raiduhs didn’t require much playbook as they were really simple man press coverages any decent high school qb would tear up. He threw some great passes at the end but the Raiduhs Dc should have been fired.

Media talks little about it but the quality of QB coaching and continuity is mighty important. Bakers had like six OCs, five HC, and multiple qb coaches in his career. Typical browns. Took them to the playoffs. Played hurt needing surgery last season. Then Haslam decides to go hire Watson. I’m not a fan of baker but he’s not a shitbag qb. Teammates love him.

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Media talks little about it but the quality of QB coaching and continuity is mighty important. Bakers had like six OCs, five HC, and multiple qb coaches in his career. Typical browns. Took them to the playoffs. Played hurt needing surgery last season. Then Haslam decides to go hire Watson. I’m not a fan of baker but he’s not a shitbag qb. Teammates love him.

Perhaps you didn't know, but this is the Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Take your Schmitts Gay love and understanding of baker to a different forum.

1798429123_SchmittsGay.gif.21d4f664a65e11186320f64a18ed3764.gif

Edited by redswingline
  • Haha 7

On 12/10/2022 at 3:57 PM, Texzilla58 said:

He and Carolina had been talking about a release Carolina knew he’d get claimed by the Rams as they needed a QB desperately. They were choosing 4th I believe. Much of the game he played like someone that had the playbook for a day and a half.

Those 4th quarter defensive calls by the Raiduhs didn’t require much playbook as they were really simple man press coverages any decent high school qb would tear up. He threw some great passes at the end but the Raiduhs Dc should have been fired.

I'm impressed you were able to type that while gargling Baker's balls. 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

I cant believe there are actually college-educated adults that follow the nfl. Lmao

This take never ceases to be stupid. The NFL has a great product. It’s much better than the college game once you get past your alma mater and a few other programs/marquee games. Less crazy shit happens perhaps but part of that is CFB having four times as many games every week.
  • Like 3