Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

“Once again, we’re not hitting the panic button,” quarterback Baker Mayfield said after a 31-3 loss that dropped the Browns to 2-3. “For us, we know the problem. We know we have to be better and do better. When you play a great team, you have to eliminate mistakes. You just have to. We know exactly what we need to do. We need to play well. We need to do our job each and every play.”

But do you, Baker? I've watched your last couple games and it kinda seems like YOU are the problem

7 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

did Nick Bosa even play in that game? I know he was "injured" or quit on his team right around that time.

Not that Im criticizing him mocking Baker, because its awesome. 

Nick Bosa got hurt last year against TCU.  He was a freshman against Oklahoma in 2016.

Edited by VABuckeye

30 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Colin pretty much just gutted Mayfield and the Browns.  In a nutshell called BM fat and slow and that when you are fat and slow you should stop taunting other teams and players.  Also said they should go ahead and trade OBJ.  Too many egos to feed on the Browns.  Personally liked it when he said that Baker is no Mahomes.  I liked that dig.

But, but, but he chugged a beer at a baseball game ...

1 hour ago, sidis said:

holy shit, garret gilbert got into the game last night?  lol.

I cannot decide what's more remarkable...

1.  Being a big enough douche that you turn a meathead from Ohio into a national hero.

or

2.  Being bad enough at QB that you get replaced by Garret Gilbert.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

The only way this fuckface with a hyena’s ass for a face could break even as a human, he would need to save orphans from a fire, a litter of puppies from drowning and donate a kidney to someone who eventually goes on to cure cancer. Only then would I back down on my opinion of him as the biggest assface clown fuckboy in the country.

Fuckface, hyena ass face

I like it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

did Nick Bosa even play in that game? I know he was "injured" or quit on his team right around that time.

Not that Im criticizing him mocking Baker, because its awesome. 

That game was two years ago. Nick's injury was last year. And yeah, if you're suggesting that he quit on the team then you are sort of criticizing him. 

He is nose-diving fast, wonder who is banging his girlfriend now?

I imagine if he keeps this shit up his line is gonna become even more porous just to get his ass drilled into the field.

Maybe he should have practiced more football, and less crotch-grabbing/ Horns Down geekery. Karma is a biotch.

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Maybe he should have practiced more football, and less crotch-grabbing/ Horns Down geekery. Karma is a biotch.

...and less twitter-taunting of Texas redshirts like Keondre Coburn. But it's not like he really has to worry about ever facing Coburn. He'll probably be out of the league or at least a backup by the time Keondre gets there.

• Like 1

Mayfields just another system QB that will flameout in the pros. For every Mahomes there are ten pass happy system QB’s that are busts.

10 off the top of my head:

klingler brothers, keenum, andre ware, bradford, heupel, jason white, landry jones, and the latest busts, mayfield and murray...

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Look, I'm no great fan of Baker. Heck, I hated him back when he whipped Westlake two years in a row. But Richard Sherman, as usual, is full of shit, .Baker DID shake his hand.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27797695/richard-sherman-says-baker-mayfield-snubbed-video-casts-doubt

Yeah this makes it even better because now we can just hate them both.

• Like 3

Mayfields just another system QB that will flameout in the pros. For every Mahomes there are ten pass happy system QB’s that are busts.

klingler brothers, keenum, andre ware, bradford, heupel, jason white, landry jones, and the latest busts, mayfield and murray...

To be fair to those types of system qbs, the system is starting to really find its way to the league.

What if I told you all qbs were system qbs/Morpheus.jpg

20 hours ago, tokamak said:

What's funny is that the Browns' schedule in the 2nd half is total garbage, so they'll "make a run", finish 8-8 or so, and the ridiculous hype train will repeat itself next offseason.

They're gonna lose their next two (Seattle, @New England) but their final 9 games are against teams that are a currently a combined 11-32 (which includes the Bills at 4-1). They've got two against the 0-5 Bengals, two against the Steelers whose QB at the moment is an undrafted rookie from Samford, and one each against the Dolphins (loltank) and Cardinals (douchebag bowl).

There are no locks in the NFL.

An 0-5 team can beat yours ass just like a 5-0 team any time.

16 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Mayfield is a massive douche, so I'm not defending him at all...

But this take is a bit disingenuous. Every QB coming out of college plays in a "system."  It's not QBs from certain systems "flame out"... it's that ALMOST ALL college QBs "flame out" because being a successful NFL QB is really, really, really hard.  Think about it... how many starting NFL QBs are considered "good?"  Like maybe 10-15 out of 32 teams?  

So yeah, lots of spread guys can't play QB in the NFL.... also tons of guys who run pro style and any other system you can come up with because VERY VERY few guys can be successful QBs in the NFL.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Mayfield is a massive douche, so I'm not defending him at all...

But this take is a bit disingenuous. Every QB coming out of college plays in a "system."  It's not QBs from certain systems "flame out"... it's that ALMOST ALL college QBs "flame out" because being a successful NFL QB is really, really, really hard.  Think about it... how many starting NFL QBs are considered "good?"  Like maybe 10-15 out of 32 teams?  

So yeah, lots of spread guys can't play QB in the NFL.... also tons of guys who run pro style and any other system you can come up with because VERY VERY few guys can be successful QBs in the NFL.

Some systems are very simple and do not require reads.  Like the one Briles runs.  It is a big adjustment going to the pros.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Some systems are very simple and do not require reads.  Like the one Briles runs.  It is a big adjustment going to the pros.

Agreed on that point, but I think when most people think of "systems" they think of some variant of the Air Raid, which is essentially everywhere now, including the pros (at least components of it are).

And again, there are plenty of "pro style" QBs who can't make it in the NFL either.  Being an NFL QB is hard as shit, lol.

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread