Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Jeff George had a fucking cannon, but that was it.

Outside of Elway, I don’t know who has had a better arm than Jeff George. He had effortless power and a beautiful throwing motion. You have to be a real head case in order to have those gifts and screw up a career in such a spectacular fashion.

The way I see it, he's not in this for the touchdowns.*

WhatsBMInThisFor.gif.b77c8576cb2a4d6008efd33b5f55c75a.gif

*A hunter goes into the woods to hunt a bear. He carries his trusty 22-gauge rifle with him. After a while, he spots a very large bear, takes aim, and fires. When the smoke clears, the bear is gone. A moment later, the bear taps the hunter on the shoulder and says, “No one shoots at me and gets away with it. The way I see it, you have two choices: I can rip your throat out and eat you, or you can drop your trousers, bend over, and I’ll [insert appropriate colloquialism for sodomy here].” The hunter decides that anything is better than death, so he drops his trousers and bends over; and the bear does what he said he would do. After the bear has left, the hunter pulls up his trousers and staggers back into town. He’s pretty mad. He buys a much larger gun and returns to the forest. He sees the same bear, aims, and fires. When the smoke clears, the bear is gone. A moment later the bear taps the hunter on the shoulder and says, “The way I see it, you already know what to do.” Afterward, the hunter pulls up his trousers, crawls back into town, and buys a bazooka. Now he’s really mad. He returns to the forest, sees the bear, aims, and fires. The force of the bazooka blast knocks him flat on his back. When the smoke clears, the bear is standing over him and says, “The way I see it, you’re not in this for the hunting, are you?”

Sort that list by sacks and I was personally surprised who was on top of the list. DangeRus seems to escape every single sack when he plays my team.

Looks like Jimmy G would be giving Mayfield a run for his money regarding interceptions if he wasn't always injured.

Mayfield is out for Sunday with a shoulder injury. Last night was probably our last chance to watch him as a QB1......

Before the 2020-21 season, a fan on one of the HS football sites I frequent boasted that Mayfield was poised for an MVP season.  We laughed at him, yet he insisted along with a metric shit-ton of supporting stats and figgers,  We laughed some more.

This season, it was "Mayfield will bounce back and be a servicable pro QB."  We kept laughing.

Fuck this guy.  Enjoy the cash.  Hit the talk show circuit. Whatever.  Do not pass go, when it comes to being an NFL QB, however.  It'd probably get picked anyway.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

He had a cannon?   Never knew that.   Guys with crazy strong arms:

Elway

Favre

George

Jay Schroeder 

Leaf

Boller (threw it between the goal posts from midfield, on one knee)

Allen

Herbert

Mahomes

^. Top of my head

Jamarcus Russell had quite an arm.  That and the Raiders' typical idiocy got him drafted No. 1.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Elway

Favre

George

Jay Schroeder 

Leaf

Allen

Herbert

Mahomes

^. Top of my head

Stafford

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Elway

Favre

George

Jay Schroeder 

Leaf

Allen

Herbert

Mahomes

^. Top of my head

For us over the last 45 years I'd say it was

McIvor

Simms

Swoopes

VY

maybe Morenz?

Mock?

Colt

After average to weak and the way on down to Case

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

For us over the last 45 years I'd say it was

McIvor

Simms

Swoopes

VY

maybe Morenz?

Mock?

Colt

After average to weak and the way on down to Case

Case's arm was pretty sad.  A few of his highlights he would use a running start to get the ball downfield.

I think Mock is right behind Simms, maybe above.  What about Bobby Layne?  

On Simms, I read a scouting report where he and Carson Palmer were at the same Senior Bowl.  Apparently Palmer's arm was far stronger.

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Case's arm was pretty sad.  A few of his highlights he would use a running start to get the ball downfield.

I think Mock is right behind Simms, maybe above.  What about Bobby Layne?  

On Simms, I read a scouting report where he and Carson Palmer were at the same Senior Bowl.  Apparently Palmer's arm was far stronger.

Re Layne, you'd think the guys who were also baseball studs would have really strong arms, but I played LL against Gardere in HS and he threw meat. Struck me out in one AB because I was overswinging at his 75 mph "heat." I really, really regret that AB.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Re Layne, you'd think the guys who were also baseball studs would have really strong arms, but I played LL against Gardere in HS and he threw meat. Struck me out in one AB because I was overswinging at his 75 mph "heat." I really, really regret that AB.

Do you recall gardere as having a rifle in football?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Also forgot:

Aaron Rodgers 

Jay Cutler

Not sure who has the strongest ever, best guess is maybe Elway or George, but once it reaches a certain threshold it doesn't really matter.  Most baseball teams these days have multiple guys throwing 97+. 

Back in the day, my dad saw Jim Thorpe give a halftime exhibition at a Mizzou game. He stood on one goal line and threw it to hit the opposite goal line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Back in the day, my dad saw Jim Thorpe give a halftime exhibition at a Mizzou game. He stood on one goal line and threw it to hit the opposite goal line.

Basketball court, right?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Randall Cunningham 

and wiki says the long throw record from the qb challenge was 80 yards by testaverde in 1988. 

1 hour ago, wood said:

Donovan Forbes had a cannon.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

I remember those QB contests they'd have in the off-season, Jay would win the longest pass pretty much every time. One of them went for 73 yds.

All true.   Also Bo Jackson had a cannon 

54 minutes ago, South Austin said:

In the snow, right?

:csb alert: LOL. I remember when I was a kid in Tennessee, my Dad would tell me about how he used to have to walk to school down this country road, barefoot, in the snow, across rocks & broken glass, uphill both ways. Said he'd see moonshine runners hauling ass through there with their loads of 'shine. His Dad was the county school bus superintendent and his Mom drove a bus on a route to a different school. My Dad would see her going the other way every day while he was walking to school. 

The walking to school, moonshiners, superintendent Dad, and waving to Mom going the other way parts were actually true ... /csb

Edited by wood