Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

Re Layne, you'd think the guys who were also baseball studs would have really strong arms, but I played LL against Gardere in HS and he threw meat. Struck me out in one AB because I was overswinging at his 75 mph "heat." I really, really regret that AB.

What is LL? I read it as Little League but you said HS so I’m a bit confused.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I haven’t seen a Hulu commercial with him in a while.  What else does he have other than progressive?

and I see that he has tapped out on the season. I’m sure he will collect his game check even though he quit on his team. 

Yep, using the logic that now that the Browns are out of the playoffs, he should get surgery as soon as possibel to begin the recovery/rehab process. But the Browns were already eliminated. If that's the reasoning, then why play in this meaningless game vs the Stillers?

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah I was gonna say 75mph in little league is generational fastball heat. 

I don’t know, that’s really fast but not generational. Every LLWS there’s a kid or three that can touch 78-79. Some have got up to 80. Personally I threw 98 in little league, could’ve gone pro. Got hurt. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t know, that’s really fast but not generational. Every LLWS there’s a kid or three that can touch 78-79. Some have got up to 80. Personally I threw 98 in little league, could’ve gone pro. Got hurt. 

you sure? I thought most topped out around 70. but then I don’t follow little league very closely. 

36 minutes ago, Helobious said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/22/2018 at 2:40 PM, txbroadcaster said:

But Cowherd is exactly right. Who cares if a host is correct 100%, debates with stats, if he is boring he will not be listened to or watched. They are Entertainers 1st.

This sounds like the dudes testimony at the end of Quiz Show; equally true, IMO….

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How the hell did this end up a sack? Lol

Screenshot_20220107-102307.jpg

Yep. Faker's been holding the ball way too long with receivers open, double-clutching it a lot, etc. He has no confidence and isn't seeing the field.

Playcalling is not the problem. The QB is the problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/6/2022 at 12:29 AM, wood said:

Cookeville - half way between Nashville & Knoxville on I-40. We have a few others on here who grew up there too ...

Restaurant called Bean Pot or somethingerother?  We made a point of stopping there for breakfast on our trips to/from Texas.  Kids loved the moving mannequin by the front door (like the one at the seed farm near Fredericksburg).

Edit:  Shoulda let my Google finger do some walking .. Crossville. 

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn
Correct my dumbassery
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 11:46 AM, MirrOlure said:

Back in 198whatever, Jason Burleson threw the ball from the west sideline into the West Side Upper Deck at Memorial Stadium (as it was called then).  It was a pretty big deal at the time.

I always wondered why he didn’t become a star. I thought it was because they kept moving him around but just saw this. Maybe his parents were nuts

Hershel Burleson, 46, a coach for 24 years in various Texas schools, resigned Oct. 1, withdrew his son from school, and moved to Mertzon, 155 miles away, after teammates complained about the way Burleson had built the offense around his son.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 11:14 PM, futureman said:

yeah I was gonna say 75mph in little league is generational fastball heat. 

I umpired LL and there was a tall, skinny mexican kid named Silletti that threw so hard you could hear the ball coming. Never saw a clock on him, but he was a beast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...