Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

If he wasnt such a headcase/loudmouth he could have a nice career as a backup....

Cleveland is def playing with fire here though. I don't think they're gonna get Watson. But now Baker knows they tried to replace him. So they'll need to start over either way.

This draft class is terrible for QBs. I assume they for Watson. If they don't get him, Baker will be here one more season and then they move on. Maybe draft the next guy who will for sure flame out 

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This draft class is terrible for QBs. I assume they for Watson. If they don't get him, Baker will be here one more season and then they move on. Maybe draft the next guy who will for sure flame out 

Idk who you even try for? Ridder? Howell?  Meh.  Corral seems like a shit head.   

2023 is way fucking better - Young, Stroud, Haener, Uiagalelei, hell even Rattler/Gabriel/Slovis

If he wasnt such a headcase/loudmouth he could have a nice career as a backup....

Cleveland is def playing with fire here though. I don't think they're gonna get Watson. But now Baker knows they tried to replace him. So they'll need to start over either way.

Cleveland has been upfront with him all along. They did not exercise his fifth year option, so that was a pretty big ducking g signal right there. They told him they would look at other options if a top candidate appeared; supposedly they did some due diligence on a few, and certainly presented to Watson. Baker is getting shit on today by all the former player analysts on NFLNetwork for his little note.

15 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Has anyone noticed that Baker's a douche? Like, a really, REALLY big douche?

And yet the Cleveland fanbase seems to like the pint-sized douche. Odd.

The best season they've had in the past 30 years was with him at QB, and he was solid that year.

This isn't that surprising. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:44 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Not that Baker's worth a shit, but Cleveland should be named "extinguisher".  A quarterbacks can come out of college red-hot, go to Cleveland and all heat gets put out..see Colt McCoy for example. 

Edited by SHOOTER12

55 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Not that Baker's worth a shit, but Cleveland should be named "extinguisher".  A quarterbacks can come out of college red-hot, go to Cleveland and all heat gets put out..see Colt McCoy for example. 

Kinda like the Texas HC job *ducks*

• Rage+1 4

42 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Maybe, but the Browns screwed themselves here.  Now they have no Watson and Mayfield wants out.  He's better than any other available option at QB.

Kind of agree, but Baker isn't good enough to pull off a trade demand, so he's pretty much burning bridges with other NFL teams and whatever fans he has left with as well.  I sure hope he digs in.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Kind of agree, but Baker isn't good enough to pull off a trade demand, so he's pretty much burning bridges with other NFL teams and whatever fans he has left with as well.  I sure hope he digs in.

Baker will come out of this better than the Browns will.  I know you guys can't stand him, but he's a mid pack QB in the NFL.  He'll have plenty of options while the Browns burn themselves down chasing Watson.

Just now, Chewbacca said:

Baker will come out of this better than the Browns will.  I know you guys can't stand him, but he's a mid pack QB in the NFL.  He'll have plenty of options while the Browns burn themselves down chasing Watson.

Lol, this will not age well. He is a terrible QB. Someone will give him another chance because retreads are popular in the NFL but he'll continue to suck, because he's a loser who sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, 'stache said:

Lol, this will not age well. He is a terrible QB. Someone will give him another chance because retreads are popular in the NFL but he'll continue to suck, because he's a loser who sucks.

Calling him mid pack is not some huge endorsement.  Look at the QBs in this league.  Anyone who can play even a little bit gets paid over and over again.

For the Browns it is since Watson is not going there.  Who else is available to them and better than Baker?

Forgive me if I missed these guys signing. Mariota could be very interesting. I’d take Jameis. Fitzpatrick. Garapolo might be a good fit.

Then I think there is a draftable guy or two. Howell for one.

Just now, Had Enough said:

Forgive me if I missed these guys signing. Mariota could be very interesting. I’d take Jameis. Fitzpatrick. Garapolo might be a good fit.

Then I think there is a draftable guy or two. Howell for one.

I would take Mayfield over every one of them, every day.  Jimmy G is the only one who gets close, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

He'll have options but he's not a mid pack starting QB.  If you think he's somewhere in the 16 range you are on crack.  He's in the back and that's where his option will be.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

He'll have options but he's not a mid pack starting QB.  If you think he's somewhere in the 16 range you are on crack.  He's in the back and that's where his option will be.

Having spent the last 6 years watching QBs who are actually at the bottom, I strongly disagree.  

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Having spent the last 6 years watching QBs who are actually at the bottom, I strongly disagree.  

I have no doubt there are plenty of names that are worse than Mayfield but those guys don't have many options either.  I don't know if you follow the Browns but he was most definitely a bottom 10 starting QB this year.  Maybe that's what you mean by options?  Yeah he can definitely can play for another crappy organization.