Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

Texas triples down on “potential” over “proven” after Strong and Herman experiments failed.  Perhaps they had no choice with bridges burned internally and hard No’s from higher hanging fruit, but from where I’m sitting this feels like a likely lateral move while hoping what you throw at the proverbial wall finally sticks.  Definitely not sexy or game-changing on day of the hire.  Will be up to Sark to create the sexy or we’ll be having the same ole conversation 3 or 4 years from now.

This is a horrible hire in every way. Embarrassing.

Any kid on our roster with 2 brain cells should transfer. I encourage them to do so. 

Is CDC reckless? Stupid? Incompetent? All of these? Regardless, only an idiot would allow their son to play for this institution, with leadership this poor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trutexan78 said:

Dude must give blow jobs in his interviews or something as he’s done nothing to justify his fall upward. Holy Hell, CDC, I thought we were leaving 2020 behind us? This is at best an even swap, but I think it’ll be harder to get rid of Sark after dark than Herman (who was very disliked). Sark’s actually not a thin-skinned prick. Sets UT back another 8 years.

I wouldn't like a Sarkisian hire but he hasn't fallen upward. He lost his head coaching gig, went back to assisting, and actually turned Alabama into an offensive juggernaut (being the first offensive guy to convince Saban he needed to open it up)*.

He's done very very well as an offensive assistant in his second go at that. Doesn't mean I want him hired as Texas head coach but failing up doesn't apply.

* - not true, had my timeline wrong, but the point stands

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

Guys don’t you see this is chess our last two splash hires we’re guys with winning records on the up and up that everybody want it and then they shit the bed so we reversed course and hired somebody who already shit the bed and he can climb the ranks with us five D chess  baby

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I wouldn't like a Sarkisian hire but he hasn't fallen upward. He lost his head coaching gig, went back to assisting, and actually turned Alabama into an offensive juggernaut (being the first offensive guy to convince Saban he needed to open it up)*.

He's done very very well as an offensive assistant in his second go at that. Doesn't mean I want him hired as Texas head coach but failing up doesn't apply.

* - not true, had my timeline wrong, but the point stands

1 minute ago, flatdawgs said:

I don't think Sark is a terrible choice for UT - assuming (as we must) that he's rid himself of his demons. He pulled UW out of its worst period in history (for which most of us here are thankful) and certainly has put in the time at Alabama. It will be easy for me to root for him at Texas.

If he can build a solid defensive staff - his failing at UW - he's got the ability with the resources at UT to do very well.

Yeah, he's no Urban Meyer but I think there is a very good chance he'll have success on the 40 Acres. Y'all did alright with the last former UW coach you hired (Darrell Royal).

I'll be pulling for you and Sark.

This is where I am. And optimism is more fun personally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• texifornia changed the title to Herman Fired. Sarkisian (reportedly) Hired.
  • immamac changed the title to Herman Fired.