Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

1 hour ago, oh_snap said:

Maybe CDC should also fire Shaka and replace him with Larry Eustachy. All part of the master plan so we can be “that school”. We need an identity anyways. 

Why not?  I say go for it.  Like when Hulk Hogan went to the NWO.  Could be good for Texas, at least for a while.  Ya never know.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

So you’re not hearing there’s any chance he keeps Ash? On the bright side, he did a good job of hiring Wilcox as DC when he went to USC. That guy knows how to coach a defense. 

He might. We'll see. His success is going to be 100% dependent on the staff. Hopefully he'll listen to people who know the state of Texas.

29 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

so much bitchassness in this thread.. y'all wanted herman out at all costs, now are complaining about Sark coming here... So much so, some of y'all think Tom should have been kept.. and if that happened, y'all would be the same ones bitching, crying all spring and summer about recruiting.  Then comes the fall and we lose WVU and y'all want to burn it all to the ground anyway.. cementing two back to back transition classes.  Wake the fuck up and let's roll!

I wasn't complaining about Hermann.  He needed one more year to show he could do it.  Or for Urban Meyer to want to come.  Not for some drunk mediocre OC to replace him.

I remember people like you being so happy Akers was gone--for McWilliams.  It took us 15 years to recover from that mistake.  And so happy Mack was replaced by Strong.  Guess what?  Mack is in a NY6 game with a basketball school.  And we are on our 3rd coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

For fuck's sake, Sark's Head Coaching record is 46-35.  That's a fucking terrible resume for a stress-filled, top job like Texas.  Add to that, his very questionable past, there is nothing to like about hiring Sark.  Who cares what he did as OC at Bama?  We're aren't hiring that position yet.  The best indicator of future performance is past performance, and Sark's past performance has been horrible.  That said, this move is right in line with how Texas handles these things.  Got lucky with DKR and Mack and have struck out with every other hire in the modern era.  Why should this one be any different?  If true, I hate this hire. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bullet said:

I wasn't complaining about Hermann.  He needed one more year to show he could do it.  Or for Urban Meyer to want to come.  Not for some drunk mediocre OC to replace him.

I remember people like you being so happy Akers was gone--for McWilliams.  It took us 15 years to recover from that mistake.  And so happy Mack was replaced by Strong.  Guess what?  Mack is in a NY6 game with a basketball school.  And we are on our 3rd coach.

Herman needed one more year?? 

After this year?

And Mack absolutely needed to be fired.

WTF

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Hey guess what? We're a basketball school now too.

8 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Don’t know what to think about the Sark hire....

But seriously what does Sarks issue with booze (assuming he’s somehow restrained those demons) have to do with him being the new HC?  I think we’ve all seen a few individuals up close who have turned away from drugs, excessive alcohol use, and other addictions and have done well for themselves and those they influence.

Maybe Sark is the My Pillow Guy!

1 minute ago, bullet said:

God damn you are old. 

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That’s fucking garbage.

It's a tired bit when it's done just for the sake of making the thread. Especially seconds after the new hire is announced. But we should be able to have them when it is actually time to be looking elsewhere, which seems to be often around here the past decade.

Texas is never going to be happy with shitty coaching decisions, shitty personnel rotations and stank ass attitude. No respectable school should be. Why is that so hard for these 'experts' to understand? We're not mad because TH doesn't have 4 straight conference titles(or National titles). We're mad because he didn't put in the work necessary to compete for those things. Fuck, it's not rocket science.

The same people that retweet “TEXAS IS BACK” memes after every loss are the ones who are most concerned about how we treat our head coach. Spoiler alert: they don’t really think those things, they just want to troll Texas fans.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Later on in the coaching tenure this won't be the case, but it's not a good meme anymore to have it from day 0. 

This hire is complete fucking garbage. Those in charge should be strung up and shot. Yet, you’re texag’ing the place.

remember back when you were anti-stifling opinions?

• Hook 'Em 2

This hire is complete fucking garbage. Those in charge should be strung up and shot. Yet, you’re texag’ing the place.

the thread is fair game the first time Sark does anything that warrants a "fire sark" thread - that's all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Holy grammar fuckery, Batman

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I remember this season when he was nearly weeping in the booth when we beat Tech.

I had never paid any attention to Brando until he so clearly rooted for Tech that he had to announce he wasn’t rooting for them in that game. Now seeing all his tweets, the dude’s a total piece of shit and shouldn’t be allowed to announce our games. What a loser.

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

Herman needed one more year and we should’ve kept Mack. lolololol. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Sounds like what you're looking for is a Fire del Conte, Fire Hartzell, Fire Eltife thread, then. He's right that it doesn't make sense and it's a stupid thing that the board shouldn't do anymore.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Brothahorn said:

Texas is never going to be happy with shitty coaching decisions, shitty personnel rotations and stank ass attitude. No respectable school should be. Why is that so hard for these 'experts' to understand? We're not mad because TH doesn't have 4 straight conference titles(or National titles). We're mad because he didn't put in the work necessary to compete for those things. Fuck, it's not rocket science.

I once had the chance to knock Brando on his ass.  He used to work for the same media company that I do, and he wanted to use our facilities for an interview or something.  He was a real piece of shit.  Fuck that guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Very possible

That’d kick ass. Get our own Venables while hiring what we thought Herman was gonna be. Would Muschamp bring in Gideon as db coach? Cause that’d be fucking hilarious 

Edited by Fletch

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

and you want to keep Herman who has razzle dazzle'd you with an Alamo Bowl win (again) thinking he finally gets it right?  The risk just wasn't worth it anymore.  Recruiting for 22 is looking to be worse than in 21 with him still manning the team.  And fuck Mack.. he had to get away for a few years to understand that he needed to change..he wasn't going to see the light if he had stayed another 10 years here..  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s not an opinion. It’s a parody of an opinion. You can say it’s it within threads. Doesn’t need to be a thread. @immamac

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, maninblack said:

He might. We'll see. His success is going to be 100% dependent on the staff. Hopefully he'll listen to people who know the state of Texas.

Well so far I’m liking all the names you’ve been throwing out as possible position coaches. Hopefully he really does put together this kind of a coaching staff.