Tom Herman Fired as UT Football Coach

texifornia

Just now, Mikey4 said:
4 minutes ago, texifornia said:
Sark announcement coming at happy hour.

I hope he gets right to work on upgrading facilities. Open bar in the film room. Beer fridges in the bubble. Kegs on the sidelines at DKR. Let's get this shit going.

Go big or go home. Stumblin Rumlin as OC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Saban after the 2022 tile game: it’s my last I swear, you’ll be coach soon

Saban after 2023: we are poised to win another, soon, I promise

Saban after 2024: maybe next year?

You're describing Mack Brown's wet dream in 2009

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

It’s possible that his last head coaching job ended because he was coaching games drunk. I don’t care how you want to rationalize it. This is a huge roll of the dice that could set us back another decade. 

I honestly don't care if our next head coach snorts lines off of strippers' asses on the sidelines if we beat OU 80% of the time and win the Big 12 championship most years.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He's not the only one. Phil Steele is a big proponent of the Texas was three plays away from being undefeated argument. I've heard him make it multiple times.

Yep and Charlie Strong was a few bad timeouts or play calls from having a winning season.

Wow reading 19 pages of this dark shit when there should be celebrating. Herman is gone, hallelujah! I am fine with Sark after Dark, I assume there are some extremely detailed languages that protects us if he falls off the wagon. He will hopefully bring Tosh Lupoi and we can start playing the game at a high level, recruiting will be the best it has ever been since Mack. This is going to either be a home run or an absolute train wreck, no middle ground. Let’s go 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Has anyone told Sark about the $2 jaeger bombs at Latitude?

Username fits

2 hours ago, CastHorn said:

A Washington 24/7 Mod:

I dealt with Steve a lot while he was at Washington. First thing to know is he is incredibly bright. He learned a lot at Washington and fought some demons. He's a bright, articulate, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love Sark. It will be interesting to see who he fills his staff with. Knowing the competitive nature of Sark, I'm sure he negotiated a large assistant salary pool. If he gets Tosh Lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I've ever dealt with. He's currently with Atlanta.

He's an outstanding recruiter and phenomenal working with QB's. He trusts his guys and has an edge. Guys love playing for him. 

Texas didn't hit a home run with Sark. They hit a grand slam.

This is pretty much the reaction from most I’ve seen except texas fans and people that haven’t seen anything past his booze stories. Bama fans are heart broken about it

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Wow reading 19 pages of this dark shit when there should be celebrating. Herman is gone, hallelujah! I am fine with Sark after Dark, I assume there are some extremely detailed languages that protects us if he falls off the wagon. He will hopefully bring Tosh Lupoi and we can start playing the game at a high level, recruiting will be the best it has ever been since Mack. This is going to either be a home run or an absolute train wreck, no middle ground. Let’s go 

Yup. I love the "fuck it we're going deep" energy at least.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, 0xdeadbeef said:

After doing stuff all morning, I turn on the IU game and see a scroll on the bottom that we fired Herman.   

I.Did.Not.Expect.That.

It's not clear that we have a plan.  Did we leap before we looked who was available?  

Sarkisian announcement coming today

1 minute ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

After doing stuff all morning, I turn on the IU game and see a scroll on the bottom that we fired Herman.   

I.Did.Not.Expect.That.

It's not clear that we have a plan.  Did we leap before we looked who was available?  

Love it. Herman has been fired for like 4 hours. WHY NO NEW COACH? NO PLAN. DOOMED!!!!

But Texas fans would also have been fine with firing him on December 12 and waiting a month bc “we can haz Urban maybe?”

Theres no winning with Texas fans. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Love it. Herman has been fired for like 4 hours. WHY NO NEW COACH? NO PLAN. DOOMED!!!!

But Texas fans would also have been fine with firing him on December 12 and waiting a month bc “we can haz Urban maybe?”

Theres no winning with Texas fans. 

Or with Texas football. But here's hoping Sark will fix that!

• Haha 1

This is a fucking mess.   Sark did well at Alabama because saban did all the hard work....allowing Sark to work with polished, disciplined, elite athletes.  Coaches fail at bog schools because the gravity of the schools are tremendous.   Networking, recruiting, position coaches, politics, donor drama.  

He catches heat from a donor al Alabama, saban makes a phone call and it goes away.    Not so as the big man in charge.  It’s constant, unrelenting, pressure that most can’t handle week after week.  Tom, with weeks off, can put together a good bowl game plan.   Bit during the season the fuck yes mount as the pace is daunting.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This is a fucking mess.   Sark did well at Alabama because saban did all the hard work....allowing Sark to work with polished, disciplined, elite athletes.  Coaches fail at bog schools because the gravity of the schools are tremendous. 

The trouble with the bog schools is getting good footing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1