Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You know what I'd try if I was the new UT staff, Jamison on offense.

Not a terrible idea.  Hopefully it won't be necessary though.

I know Whittington isn't necessarily a burner, but I think Jake Smith, Dixon, and a few others have more straight line speed.  There is a huge difference in what it appears Sark is able to do do by hitting those guys in stride at a full sprint behind the line of scrimmage in space vs what we do with hitting them standing still while the DB is in the process of rapidly closing on them after having avoided the block from our TE that is split out wide that isn't a good blocker, or blowing up the block from the physically imposing Kai Money.

I think we have enough of the pieces already on the team (obviously not to the level of DeVonta, but enough to work with).  I'm so excited about having Sark unlock these kids potential and put them in position to succeed.  

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

Not a terrible idea.  Hopefully it won't be necessary though.

I know Whittington isn't necessarily a burner, but I think Jake Smith, Dixon, and a few others have more straight line speed.  There is a huge difference in what it appears Sark is able to do do by hitting those guys in stride at a full sprint behind the line of scrimmage in space vs what we do with hitting them standing still while the DB is in the process of rapidly closing on them after having avoided the block from our TE that is split out wide that isn't a good blocker, or blowing up the block from the physically imposing Kai Money.

I think we have enough of the pieces already on the team (obviously not to the level of DeVonta, but enough to work with).  I'm so excited about having Sark unlock these kids potential and put them in position to succeed.  

I guess we're all looking forward to that. But will the QB have enough time to let those routes open up? I'm hopeful. 

As for KKL, Hamm and the stripper, I don't know why you'd want to split those into multiple interviews. I envision a cage match involving all three. Have Jerry Springer guest host. Could be the greatest PPV ever.  

Edited by Gut Wagon

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

But will the QB have enough time to let those routes open up?

I'm specifically talking about the plays he calls to hit their best player who is running in motion behind the line of scrimmage.  If our O-line can't hold up long enough for that, then yeah, we're in trouble LOL

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Good sign for Ewers

Adding to this, from IT today

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (2022): The four-star field-stretcher has been hot and cold on the Horns over the last year. He caught Ewers Fever during the summer but quickly cooled after Ewers' flip to Ohio State. Now, UT has his attention again.

"(Sarkisian's) offense was immaculate," said Winfield. "Some of it I've never seen before. He's definitely a mastermind on offense."

With the amount of highly skilled pass-catchers in Texas for 2022, it'll be interesting to see who Sarkisian prioritizes at wideout.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, for sure not recruiting, but took Armani Winfield who had been fong'd to... tOSU

bahaha

7 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Staff related: I know we're not gunna lock out the SEC in 'crootin, but FFS build a wall between here and Ohio. Nice start. 

If we can keep 0u contained to South Oklahoma(Dallas) I'll be happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Adding to this, from IT today

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (2022): The four-star field-stretcher has been hot and cold on the Horns over the last year. He caught Ewers Fever during the summer but quickly cooled after Ewers' flip to Ohio State. Now, UT has his attention again.

"(Sarkisian's) offense was immaculate," said Winfield. "Some of it I've never seen before. He's definitely a mastermind on offense."

With the amount of highly skilled pass-catchers in Texas for 2022, it'll be interesting to see who Sarkisian prioritizes at wideout.

Ah, and he’s a good Catholic kid, too.

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Wtf?  This guy has a spreadsheet to see if he's morally able to bang a chick?  I can't tell if that's next level hustling, or borderline predator.

WhyNotBoth.LittleMexicanGirl.gif

(really hope he doesn't put that girl in the spreadsheet...)

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Wtf?  This guy has a spreadsheet to see if he's morally able to bang a chick?  I can't tell if that's next level hustling, or borderline predator.

half your age plus 7 is basic stuff.  Don't think you need a spreadsheet for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sooners already in denial...

”he didn’t have a commitable offer from Ohio state “

There's a lot of "Durrr everyone said the same about Herman. Obviously this will go the same exact way hohoho gobble gobble."

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

If Ewers really is that childhood/lifelong/whichever it is fan of Texas, and Sark can groove in 2021, I don't see how that doesn't get him thinking. 

Sark will get Ewers back unless he decides he likes somebody better.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yep, looks like the Citation X initially predicted. Model appears to match. And it was operated by XOJets - they brand the engines with their company name and you can't make it out in the video but the one Stark stepped out of is clearly branded. 

Edit: And the only other contender just left MIA. The one linked above was the only MIA arrival in ATX since the game, timing of posting video checks out. I'm certain we were correct.

Thanks. Your work during this time will never be forgotten. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yep, looks like the Citation X initially predicted. Model appears to match. And it was operated by XOJets - they brand the engines with their company name and you can't make it out in the video but the one Stark stepped out of is clearly branded. 

Edit: And the only other contender just left MIA. The one linked above was the only MIA arrival in ATX since the game, timing of posting video checks out. I'm certain we were correct.

tenor.gif