Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Personally surprised the Golding--Lanning--Muschamp "switcheroo" isn't getting more run given, assuming for sake of the discussion that it's true, it means Boom is actually on the table and interested in taking a DC gig this year. And if we assume Boom's order of preference for programs is UGA > Bama > UT, Sark's best move would be to play a game of chicken with Boom by not taking Golding and forcing the issue solely into the Bama/UGA court.

Bama isn't willing to push Golding out to make room for Lanning, or UGA isn't willing to can Lanning for Boom -- both realistic scenarios -- Boom is essentially down to UT DC, Bama/UGA analyst or assistant position, or sitting 2021 out. 

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Vrabel outcoached Bill Belichick and John Harbaugh on the way to the AFC Championship game last year, and had his team competitive against a clearly superior KC squad.

Absolutely, and a lot of my fellow Texans fans on the social medias laughed when he got the Tennessee job, because of how bad the Texans defense performed. Sometimes you're a better HC than DC, and sometimes maybe you just have a bad year. 

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Absolutely, and a lot of my fellow Texans fans on the social medias laughed when he got the Tennessee job, because of how bad the Texans defense performed. Sometimes you're a better HC than DC, and sometimes maybe you just have a bad year. 

and sometimes Bill O'brien just ruins everything.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Absolutely, and a lot of my fellow Texans fans on the social medias laughed when he got the Tennessee job, because of how bad the Texans defense performed. Sometimes you're a better HC than DC, and sometimes maybe you just have a bad year, and sometimes you gotta climb the coaching ladder at a shitty NFL franchise that would set up reincarnated, peak-form Tom Landy for failure

FIFY

18 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

It smells like it is going to be Golding. With all the defensive staff hires that have been already you'd think they would have been either after communication with his DC or based upon knowledge of said DC's scheme, strengths, weaknesses.....A couple of years with Golding..........

At this point, I hope so.  I had Golding>Ash>Arnett.  There is not much experience that has been rumored after Boom that isn't being investigated.  If we don't get Golding I'd rather shoot for Lanning than Arnett.  Hell i'd even give Corey Raymond a shot as Co-DC with someone else.  As of now i'm not sold on Arnett.    

Assuming its Golding for DC, would people rather (i) Golding try to bring Karl Scott with him or (ii) assuming he doesn't have better offers, make Tosh the non-playing calling Co-OC.?

Not sure how unnecessary Gideon becomes if we have Joseph, Scott, and Banks on board.

8 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Personally surprised the Golding--Lanning--Muschamp "switcheroo" isn't getting more run given, assuming for sake of the discussion that it's true, it means Boom is actually on the table and interested in taking a DC gig this year. And if we assume Boom's order of preference for programs is UGA > Bama > UT, Sark's best move would be to play a game of chicken with Boom by not taking Golding and forcing the issue solely into the Bama/UGA court.

Bama isn't willing to push Golding out to make room for Lanning, or UGA isn't willing to can Lanning for Boom -- both realistic scenarios -- Boom is essentially down to UT DC, Bama/UGA analyst or assistant position, or sitting 2021 out. 

For me at least, it feels way too outlandish to consider possible, and it's coming from FCB which makes me doubt the info even more. I agree on the move to put pressure on Boom though

3 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Assuming its Golding for DC, would people rather (i) Golding try to bring Karl Scott with him or (ii) assuming he doesn't have better offers, make Tosh the non-playing calling Co-OC.?

Not sure how unnecessary Gideon becomes if we have Joseph, Scott, and Banks on board.

If things go as planned, Gideon is going to be the young up and comer coach that works his way up the staff as others leave in the years ahead.

1 minute ago, Longhornade said:

My bad!  Will spoiler alert my photoshopped nightmare fuel creations next time.  Back to being a long time lurker.   Hook'em.

How about you just make good photoshops and gifs. Those posters are national treasures. I see some talent in the first try. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Vrabel outcoached Bill Belichick and John Harbaugh on the way to the AFC Championship game last year, and had his team competitive against a clearly superior KC squad.

None of this is wrong but he also made one of the most pussy decisions in NFL history last weekend. It’s just one decision but it really hurt his team’s chances to win a playoff game and was pretty inexcusable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

IT going scorched earth on Herman....things you love to see

Did they ever disclose the off the field event that happened this summer/season that caused Herman to lose all remaining support in the admin? Remember them teasing that late last year.

Edited by Dijon Robinson

1 minute ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Did they ever disclose the off the field event that happened this summer/season that caused Herman to lose all remaining support in the admin? Remember that teasing that late last year.

No idea, but I would bet some money the "sick player" house he called to check on the brother's recruitment belonged to one Blake Brockermeyer.  It would definitely piss a parent off if Luke was indeed one of the players that caught Covid this summer....