Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

If we’re somehow able to land Tosh as a position coach, Gideon presumably either gets safeties which bumps Joseph to corners, or TE 

In this scenario, Gideon needs to be a difference making volume recruiter or technical coach to be considered an asset over who Texas could have otherwise hired at TE or CB (which would have kept Joseph at his better spot at safety) 

This of course hinges on landing Tosh, which is probably somewhere between a coin flip and a long shot; it seems like a school that’s more concerned about talent acquisition for the long term could hire him at DC and hold their nose at the short term defensive issues while leveling up in recruiting

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Some speculation from a poster on the Tennessee $9.95 boards that has relevance to us:

So here is the info. I love letting everybody have fun and being scared of posting their supposed inside info but I post and stand behind my info. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I telling you what I have heard from good sources? Yes. Check my record.

Pruitt is very wrapped up in the investigation. He is done. They are scrapping to fire him for cause but he is ready to fight. He also knows that he has some culpability so he would negotiate. The administration does not want to pay him a nickel. No way to say how it works out but he will not coach next year. I cannot say whether he did anything wrong but I can tell you that the investigation centers on a tight end out of the Las Vegas area. Weird how Georgia also might be in trouble. I wonder if there is any connection.

Davis would have gone to Bama and Saban wanted to hire him but he hates Strong. Would not go because of that so he went with Sark.

Here is an interesting thing, Sark wants Golding but Sark will defer to Saban. Saban will let Golding go but he first wants to make sure his next DC does not have a show cause order. Guess who that is. Yep, Pruitt might have concerns as to a show cause.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

If we’re somehow able to land Tosh as a position coach, Gideon presumably either gets safeties which bumps Joseph to corners, or TE 

In this scenario, Gideon needs to be a difference making volume recruiter or technical coach to be considered an asset over who Texas could have otherwise hired at TE or CB (which would have kept Joseph at his better spot at safety) 

This of course hinges on landing Tosh, which is probably somewhere between a coin flip and a long shot; it seems like a school that’s more concerned about talent acquisition for the long term could hire him at DC and hold their nose at the short term defensive issues while leveling up in recruiting

Of we are getting Dennis Simmons and Corey Raymond so Blake could just go to ST/TE since those two guys are elite recruiters.

QB: Milwee

RB: Drayton

Co-Oc/OL - Flood

TE/ST - Gideon

Co-OC/WR - Simmons

DL - Davis

Co-DC/LB - Whomever is the playcalling DC

Safeties - Terry Joseph

Co-DC/CB - Raymond

Edited by BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Some speculation from a poster on the Tennessee $9.95 boards that has relevance to us:

So here is the info. I love letting everybody have fun and being scared of posting their supposed inside info but I post and stand behind my info. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I telling you what I have heard from good sources? Yes. Check my record.

Pruitt is very wrapped up in the investigation. He is done. They are scrapping to fire him for cause but he is ready to fight. He also knows that he has some culpability so he would negotiate. The administration does not want to pay him a nickel. No way to say how it works out but he will not coach next year. I cannot say whether he did anything wrong but I can tell you that the investigation centers on a tight end out of the Las Vegas area. Weird how Georgia also might be in trouble. I wonder if there is any connection.

Davis would have gone to Bama and Saban wanted to hire him but he hates Strong. Would not go because of that so he went with Sark.

Here is an interesting thing, Sark wants Golding but Sark will defer to Saban. Saban will let Golding go but he first wants to make sure his next DC does not have a show cause order. Guess who that is. Yep, Pruitt might have concerns as to a show cause.

This reads like fan fiction 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Of we are getting Dennis Simmons and Corey Raymond so Blake could just go to ST/TE since those two guys are elite recruiters.

QB: Milwee

RB: Drayton

Co-Oc/OL - Flood

TE/ST - Gideon

Co-OC/WR - Simmons

DL - Davis

Co-DC/LB - Whomever is the playcalling DC

Safeties - Terry Joseph

Co-DC/CB - Raymond

You still have one more on the defensive side to add. Tosh could help with LB or DL. Think he would require Co DC more than Raymond. 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

This reads like fan fiction 

Well yeah that’s what you get when you have a coach twisting in the wind after a 3-7 season, a publicly acknowledged internal investigation of the program, and radio silence from the school administration. Nature abhors a vacuum. 

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I have a feeling something big leaks today, keep eyes on Texas leading up to the championship. Purely a guess but makes a lot of sense to leak today

I think DC could easily not leak until after the game. It’s clear that the number of people who know the name is limited, and they kept a lid on it up to now, what’s stopping them from doing it for another ~15 hours?

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

In the hypothetical where Tosh is hired and Golding is the DC: 

HC/OC - Sark

QB - Milwee

WR - ?

RB - Drayton

OL - Flood

TE - ?

DC/ILB - Golding

DL - Davis

OLB - Tosh

Cornerbacks - Joseph

ST/Safeties - Gideon

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

In the hypothetical where Tosh is hired and Golding is the DC: 

HC/OC - Sark

QB - Milwee

WR - ?

RB - Drayton

OL - Flood

TE - ?

DC/ILB - Golding

DL - Davis

OLB - Tosh

Cornerbacks - Joseph

ST/Safeties - Gideon

Sure, that or you hire a stud CB coach, move Joseph to S, and Gideon to TE

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I have a feeling something big leaks today, keep eyes on Texas leading up to the championship. Purely a guess but makes a lot of sense to leak today

I told my son the same thing yesterday. Sark and CDC have done a great job controlling the narrative to this point. Why not drop a couple of names just prior to game time for some free publicity and to get a few key recruits attention?

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If its the Alabama guy I don't think there is any way they let it leak today.  As @Fud said - the number of people who know the hire is likely very small and they've been able to keep it a secret this long - it is probably in everyones best interest that they keep it quiet until after the game tonight.

Besides - Texas is going to get plenty of pub tonight regardless of whether or not the DC name leaks today.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Tosh wants to be a play calling DC, I say let him do it somewhere else. This team needs to hitting on all cylinders in 2021. I don't care how many studs he can buy, if he can't put them in a position to win, it won't matter.

CHIEF

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think the Golding hypothetical has Golding at LB, and Scott (or Raymond) at CB with Joseph coaching safeties and Gideon coaching Nickel/ST's 

The hypothetical that I was talking about is only if Tosh is hired. If Tosh isn’t hired, the sure Gideon is somewhere on defense, probably either at NB or OLB

6 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

If Tosh wants to be a play calling DC, I say let him do it somewhere else. This team needs to hitting on all cylinders in 2021. I don't care how many studs he can buy, if he can't put them in a position to win, it won't matter.

CHIEF

I think everyone agrees with you, and this has been what every $9.99er has posted that his offer is 

28 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

So odds on favorite this Monday morning is Golding still?

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

Golding is 100% tea leaf reading, so I guess it depends on how much stock you put into that 

This is absolutely correct. Might it be Golding? Ok, sure. That is conjured from the minds of $9.95ers either way. They’re deductive and know the space, so they might get it right. I do not believe for a second that any of them know with any level of confidence or depth. 

A simple test on things like this is how much chirping and rechirping they’re all doing, to the point where it becomes crowing. We’ve watched it for years, you know how it works. 

When I read or hear “it’s gotta be, doesn’t it?” followed by a bunch of circumstantial reasoning, I’m immediately dubious. That’s the case here. 

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I told my son the same thing yesterday. Sark and CDC have done a great job controlling the narrative to this point. Why not drop a couple of names just prior to game time for some free publicity and to get a few key recruits attention?

No one is going to give one shit about a DC rumor at Texas just before a CFBNT game between two big, undefeated brands. That’s fantasy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I'll flat out admit I've never never heard of him before now but the moment I see some smaller program position coach get linked to one of our HC due to 'them having history' I automatically assume he fucking blows until proven otherwise. That is what the 2010s have done to me. 

How the fuck do you not know who Manu Tuiasosopo’s son is?
  • Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So Oregon is trying to put together the shittiest collection of all recruiting shifty coaching possible if they hand him the keys. 
got it. 

I think we are heading towards a staff that is going to require us dismounting the high horse.  Banks, Joseph, Lupoi all have shown proficiency at the game.

1 minute ago, Babytime said:

I think we are heading towards a staff that is going to require us dismounting the high horse.  Banks, Joseph, Lupoi all have shown proficiency at the game.

No- I’m talking about coaching acumen. Cristobal is trash and gosh calling defense is trash. As in great recruiting incompetent coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No- I’m talking about coaching acumen. Cristobal is trash and gosh calling defense is trash. As in great recruiting incompetent coaching. 

This is the correct response.  Cristobal is a horrible horrible game day coach.  Tosh can't call plays to save his life.

• Hook 'Em 1

TFB

Spoiler

***I’m told the members of the new staff will be arriving tomorrow (Tuesday) and Wednesday.

***There is still a DB spot remaining which under a guy as seasoned as Terry Joseph, could go to Gideon. Was told this past weekend that Corey Raymond still had a standing offer.

***But as I previously mentioned, I know that Arnett has a DB guy he wanted to bring with him if he ends up being the guy.

***Was told that Saban has yet to reach out to Bo Davis which he very well could do after the championship game. I recall one of their recent hires accepting a position somewhere and within a week, Saban called and that all changed. So, you can breathe a sigh of relief once Bo is in the building.

***Spoke to someone over at ND about Terry Joseph and was told he’s a pretty good talent developer. Harder to assess his recruiting chops at a place like Notre Dame. They take a very particular type of kid.

***Interestingly heard that Ash may be up for the LSU DC job and…

***Have heard Herman as a possible candidate at Florida or Tennessee if Mullen leaves or Pruitt is fired.

***Don’t be surprised if Andre Coleman ends up getting a shot to remain WR coach at Texas. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but I’ve heard it’s still a possibility.

***I had initially thought Sark had offered Dennis Simmons double the pay (he makes about 450K at OU) but was told the offer was for an additional 250K which would bring him to 700K at Texas. OU’s AD is pretty tight with money but they can probably get close to that.

***Also, not saying it’s going to happen but if Urban takes an NFL job, we may need to keep an eye on Drayton.

• Hook 'Em 2

I want to shit on TFB since they seem really out of the loop in regards to coaching changes, and are more in tune with recruiting. That being said they did have the Sark rumor first back in December, so I don't want to disregard that completely. That being said you don't go from the likes of Tee Martin, Holmon Wiggins, Keary Colbert and Dennis Simmons right back down to Andre fucking Coleman. Something smells there. Also, Ash at LSU.. a year removed from a NC is a big fucking yikes dude.

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I want to shit on TFB since they seem really out of the loop in regards to coaching changes, and are more in tune with recruiting. That being said they did have the Sark rumor first back in December, so I don't want to disregard that completely. That being said you don't go from the likes of Tee Martin, Holmon Wiggins, Keary Colbert and Dennis Simmons right back down to Andre fucking Coleman. Something smells there. Also, Ash at LSU.. a year removed from a NC is a big fucking yikes dude.

to me it screams of dropping bad info into the pipeline to out moles.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Hide contents

***I’m told the members of the new staff will be arriving tomorrow (Tuesday) and Wednesday.

***There is still a DB spot remaining which under a guy as seasoned as Terry Joseph, could go to Gideon. Was told this past weekend that Corey Raymond still had a standing offer.

***But as I previously mentioned, I know that Arnett has a DB guy he wanted to bring with him if he ends up being the guy.

***Was told that Saban has yet to reach out to Bo Davis which he very well could do after the championship game. I recall one of their recent hires accepting a position somewhere and within a week, Saban called and that all changed. So, you can breathe a sigh of relief once Bo is in the building.

***Spoke to someone over at ND about Terry Joseph and was told he’s a pretty good talent developer. Harder to assess his recruiting chops at a place like Notre Dame. They take a very particular type of kid.

***Interestingly heard that Ash may be up for the LSU DC job and…

***Have heard Herman as a possible candidate at Florida or Tennessee if Mullen leaves or Pruitt is fired.

***Don’t be surprised if Andre Coleman ends up getting a shot to remain WR coach at Texas. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but I’ve heard it’s still a possibility.

***I had initially thought Sark had offered Dennis Simmons double the pay (he makes about 450K at OU) but was told the offer was for an additional 250K which would bring him to 700K at Texas. OU’s AD is pretty tight with money but they can probably get close to that.

***Also, not saying it’s going to happen but if Urban takes an NFL job, we may need to keep an eye on Drayton.

Boxwood_Wintergreen_5_450x.jpg?v=1605223

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

OT: What is the average age around surly? I'm 30 which is practically ancient on most parts of the internet these days, but my sense is that I'm closer to the average/younger side on here.

You're a young pup on here from what I gather.  I had to look up the crazy thing you call an avatar because I had no clue what it was.

Now get off of our lawn

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

OT: What is the average age around surly? I'm 30 which is practically ancient on most parts of the internet these days, but my sense is that I'm closer to the average/younger side on here.

Average age is probably closer to 35

Average weight is probably 275

Average junk length: 5.75 inches  (excluding @hornfromdallas apparently who skews the average)

Average Annual Net Income: $110K (excluding all male nurses who make $1M plus and skew the average)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3