Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

57 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

It's weird, because he hasn't seriously been rumored in any of the already available jobs... but all the sudden Philly comes open and that's "the one?"

Seems like lazy writers saying “Hurts played at OU, therefore Riley to reconnect with Hurts.” And people are correct, it’s a terrible job right now as long as Howie Roseman is the GM. 

Just to make this thread that much better and because how it could impact a certain WR coach we covet...
Early rumors are that the Eagles top target for HC is Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley

He turned down the Cowboys last year. He’s not going to the Eagles.

8 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Seems like lazy writers saying “Hurts played at OU, therefore Riley to reconnect with Hurts.” And people are correct, it’s a terrible job right now as long as Howie Roseman is the GM. 

I'll try to find a source but Roseman and Riley are close. 

Edit: Here ya go. There was an article about their relationship months ago that I'll try to find. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'll try to find a source but Roseman and Riley are close. 

Yes, the 37-year-old Big 12 coach that (at least based on what we know) hasn’t been truly linked to any current NFL opening or taken an interview this hiring cycle. On the surface, there’s little reason to think Riley wants to leave a great thing (45-8 at Oklahoma with a salary over $6M per year) to help fix a floundering football team in Philadelphia.

But when you dig deeper, Riley and the Eagles make sense as an out-of-nowhere partnership.

Let’s start with a relationship that already exists between Riley and the Philly front office, led by Eagles general manager Howie Roseman. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Roseman has cultivated a relationship with Riley over the years that includes listening to the Oklahoma coach on draft advice. It was Riley that agreed with the team’s assessment of Oklahoma tackle Orlando Brown, leading to the Eagles going down the route of selecting Dallas Goedert in 2018. It was Riley who answered questions for the Eagles about Jalen Reagor, a TCU rival that Riley recruited during his high school days. And you can bet Riley’s input went into the Eagles selecting his 2019 quarterback, Hurts, in the second round of last year’s draft.

Three years (if not more) of direct conversations and advice from Riley to the Eagles on the draft, including the most controversial pick in years? It sure sounds like Riley’s voice is already respected in the Eagles front office.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2021/01/11/lincoln-riley-name-surfacing-around-philadelphia-eagles/

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Fud said:

Now pull up Okie State 

Five catches, 65 yards. I'd ask you for Joshua Moore's Okie State performance for comparison, but we both know he had only one catch all day and it was when we lined him up in the slot in overtime.

Sugarcoat it all you want. Coleman couldn't coach the WR group to consistently beat press coverage on the outside, that's the long and short of it. Our only TD to an outside WR that game was to Brennan Eagles, and he's gone.

1 hour ago, Hobbes said:

Sark is going from Miami to Austin tonight after the game, and I will bet everyone leaving Bama for Texas will be with him.

Airport stakeout anyone?

Check the flight aware.  Need to see if it's a 12 passenger jet, a two seater prop, or one of those lawnmower powered parachute things. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Longtimelurker2001 said:

CDC and brass going to the game tonight.   They have a private plane that will bring back Flood, Wiggins and Golding.  Scott may be on the plane as well.  Coaching staff will be in Austin tomorrow and will he announced. 

What - Milwee bailed on us already?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, satyanash said:

Five catches, 65 yards. I'd ask you for Joshua Moore's Okie State performance for comparison, but we both know he had only one catch all day and it was when we lined him up in the slot in overtime.

Sugarcoat it all you want. Coleman couldn't coach the WR group to consistently beat press coverage on the outside, that's the long and short of it. Our only TD to an outside WR that game was to Brennan Eagles, and he's gone.

Or has been previously stated we had horrific play calling by a narcisist twit, a QB who struggles to throw to the outside or deep accurately, and a WR room that had a whole slew of issues that may or may not have been related to the coaching they received at their position, but was certainly not limited to it.

49 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Beating press coverage was one of Collin Johnson's biggest strengths. He would have been a huge asset on the outside for last year's offense.

You have no idea what you’re talking about and pulling vids of that shitty USC corner who was out of football a year later and a DB in the Senior Bowl who didn’t even press doesn’t change that. 

literally the first Con listed in his profile for The Draft Network is: “Needs to improve at defeating press off the LOS.” lol

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GeoffE said:

Hopefully Sark will stop recruiting the big guys who can't do anything and get more small, quick twitch types like what OU has been kicking our ass with forever. Give me Hollywood Brown types over Brennan Eagles and Collin Johnson's all day long.

Brennan Eagles is actually the correct big WR to go after, his quickness and speed are absurd. He just didn't want to put in the work.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What - Milwee bailed on us already?

Is Milwee still with Bama? My understanding is that he vacated his analyst duties once he originally took the Ark St job. I do not believe he rejoined to help them with title game prep. I could absolutely be mistake, though.

Point is, even with Milwee coming to join Texas he wouldn't necessarily be on any theoretical flight back from Miami since he might not currently be in Miami with the team anyway atm. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Brennan Eagles is actually the correct big WR to go after, his quickness and speed are absurd. He just didn't want to put in the work.

Reminds me a bit of Michael Gallup.  Minus the effort issues with Eagles 

Edited by Happy Gilmore

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

How about the season prior where he want 3/24 because he wouldn't get off the LOS? You know, because as per reports, he and the other WRs were never taught how to get off the LOS by Mehringer and Meekins? 

And lulz at you using Joshua Moore as a negative example for this past season 

7 minutes ago, Longtimelurker2001 said:

CDC and brass going to the game tonight.   They have a private plane that will bring back Flood, Wiggins and Golding.  Scott may be on the plane as well.  Coaching staff will be in Austin tomorrow and will he announced. 

Would Wiggins be getting a promotion or is this a "mutual decision"?

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Is this becoming a trend?  I swear "super talented and athletic, but was lazy at practice" has been said about our alleged next great WR for the last 10 years.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

If there's one thing I do when having conversations with a potential employer about a job opportunity it's call my blabbermouth cousins up and let them know. 

That guy tagged every single person he could and not a single one has said anything or hinted at anything. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. I admitted to the stupidity of Texas and its penchant for such behaviors, so I'm not "acting as if" anything can't happen. The "cross" line was a joke that some picked up.

We should place a bet though. I think this is a hill you and I should die on, for sure. We could do avatar replacements, money, board banishments forever, some other digital feat of stupidity or instability, you name it.

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

CDC put out a vague statement to help recruiting while knowing that Tom would likely be fired 

The statesman asked him if that meant Tom would be back in 2021 and CDC said yes

A couple weeks later CDC fires Herman and the AAS guys get all upset because he lied to them

They need to grow up. I mean what was CDC supposed to do? Put out that statement then go tell reporters it was a lie and he was canning Tom? This is how athletics are handled are handled at pretty much every level except peewee 

Every bit of this.  CDC answered the question and he answered it honestly.  Was Herman still the Head Coach at Texas in ‘21?

Yes, yes he was. Until he wasn’t. 

BB3C5F63-7208-46F0-8BCC-B7BBE2163489.thumb.jpeg.29b6bd13c833f643a742e876924ef857.jpeg