Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

12 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Do those considerations in any way support your theory?

My theory is supported by years of watching Sam play. LJH, CJ, mostly jump balls. Duv, interesting that his best year wasn’t when he played outside, but when the ball was dunked to him.

You don't love Sam.

I do, just like I love my kids but can recognize their weaknesses.

Didn't trust them to be in the right spot, didn't trust them to finish their routes, didn't trust them to catch. May explain holding on to the ball some.

Now do the other 3 years of holding the ball too long and missing wide open receivers.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Tomorrow is gonna be fun when the staff has 0 of the names thrown out cause we all know the 9.95ers don’t know shit but we still bite on names thrown out (my dumbass included) 

Eh it won't be that surprising. I'm hoping at least Flood and Davis were accurate.

Man so our "blank check budget" now appears to include $350k Coleman, first time coach Milwee at like ~$350k, 1 holdover in Drayton, no expensive OC, and low-cost Gideon? No idea what Joseph costs but would imagine reasonable but not cheap. Maybe like $600k. Sounds like we could offer over a mil to everyone left.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB says Raymond and Sark haven’t talked recently and they think they already have their guy

Scott.  And Golding.  

Golding / Davis / Scott / Joseph / Gideon

Guessing Raymond was the guy if Sark got Muschamp as DC.  When Golding became the choice so did Scott.  I've already written 6 chapters of this fan-fic.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

TFB says Raymond and Sark haven’t talked recently and they think they already have their guy

If they think they have their guy implies it’s is another person on top of the guys already announced... with the news that Arnett is interviewing with LSU tomorrow would suggest Golding and co from Bama as a package pair

4 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

This is where I'm at with it. I won't lie, once apathy set in this season, I didn't pay attention to the in-game game as much as normal, but 

a) goes without saying

b) a QB with good sideline and out throws helps that situation out tremendously, and that wasn't Sam, this year or ever.  

I know I'm a couple of pages late with this, but I want to add that Coleman probably gets the biggest pass from the last staff.  One of the podcasts recently talked about how much Tom meddled in the WR room...something to the effect of "he played it in college so he wanted to control the room and every aspect of the position."  Which further led into the complete whiffs we've had with recruiting WR.  Pretty much said that WR offers were not allowed without Herman's approval, and that he drug his feet badly on them because he wanted to evaluate them himself.

19 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Personally would have preferred Arnett + Raymond over Golding + Scott but both are fairly great outcomes. Even if Golding underwhelms he should help Sark establish that Bama winning mentality throughout the program. A lot easier to impose all those small things that Bama does that give them an edge when you have both coordinators having just been coaching there. I don't care if we end up a shameless copy of the Bama program and their methods; it fucking works. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1