Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

Get on the train motherfuckers! It's leavin' the station. The best OC in the nation is coming here. We're gonna blow the doors off this conference. Darrell Royal owned his mentor Bud Wilkinson (who at one point won 48 strait at OU).

Alternate reality: Jan 2023. 58 year-old Urban Meyer retired suddenly from his head coaching position at the University of Texas, citing the return of the tumor on his brain lining. OU head coach, Steve Sarkisian mourned the loss, saying that he was looking forward to a rewarding rivalry against Texas, even though their blowout of the Horns last year seemed to take its toll on Meyer's positive outlook.

Get on the train motherfuckers! It's leavin' the station. The best OC in the nation is coming here. We're gonna blow the doors off this conference. Darrell Royal owned his mentor Bud Wilkinson (who at one point won 48 strait at OU).
Alternate reality: Jan 2023. 58 year-old Urban Meyer retired suddenly from his head coaching position at the University of Texas, citing the return of the tumor on his brain lining. OU head coach, Steve Sarkisian mourned the loss, saying that he was looking forward to a rewarding rivalry against Texas, even though their blowout of the Horns last year seemed to take its toll on Meyer's positive outlook.
wat?

lsd?

I admit I've gone from disappointed to excited about this hire.  The more I read about Sark and his metamorphosis since USC, the more I think we've finally found our coach.  Here's a good read for those interested

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2925123-texas-and-steve-sarkisian-looking-for-successful-rebirth-together

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Are you from the future?

10 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I admit I've gone from disappointed to excited about this hire.  The more I read about Sark and his metamorphosis since USC, the more I think we've finally found our coach.  Here's a good read for those interested

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2925123-texas-and-steve-sarkisian-looking-for-successful-rebirth-together

I get that’s he’s not what the majority of posters here wanted, but I think he can be great and I think he’s learned a lot and he admits to be much more mature now then when he was at UW. Regardless, I would have taken a potato over Herman. Fuck that asshat

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Saw the zoom call on youtube. Can definitely say why people who work with him hold him in high regard. The dude comes across as genuine and unassuming. A contrast, i must say.

Everyone should watch this. It’s a major contrast to fucking Herman. We got a guy that isn’t a complete narcissist, willing to throw anybody under a bus.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Saw the zoom call on youtube. Can definitely say why people who work with him hold him in high regard. The dude comes across as genuine and unassuming. A contrast, i must say.

you listen to him and unlike herman who hadn't yet been humbled, you get a guy who has learned some important life lessons. it's not the immature brashness of herman, who like charlie didn't know what they were getting into and thought they could win on a national level with mid major staffs.  Sark knows what he's getting into. Probably in large part because he was mentored by Saban who demands excellence at every level and it's not just talk, but results.

I continue to think although it's not the sure thing Urban Meyer would have been, it could better. If he succeeds, unlike Urban we won't be looking for another coach in 5 years or less.  Win a  natty coach Sark at bama and then come win one here!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, johnny utah said:

I just got a response from someone I know on Saban’s staff who said we hired the right guy.  He really likes Sark and hates to see him go but believes he’s ready to be a head coach again. 

You can say that again. 

The biggest tell to me that this is a good hire is that he's staying with Alabama for the title game. If he was irrelevant to Bama, Saban would tell him to head on down to Texas. In a lot of instances, guys who are moving on to other opportunities get politely told to GTFO because they're just being a distraction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

OBTW, how much are we paying Sark?
Does it really matter? I'm sure no matter what it is people will say it's too much. I'm sure it is in line with a top Div. 1 HC job pays, all in Hope's to get to be a top tier Div. 1 football team.
I'm good with the hire. Not blown away but it could be worse. This hire is all going to come down to his support staff. He can't do it all.

Park's previous issues are a concern. However, we almost all celebrated the cdc hire. If his opinion is that Dark is better prepared now to lead a top program, then I am on board with it. CDC has some success elevating coordinator s to head coaches.

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

Park's previous issues are a concern. However, we almost all celebrated the cdc hire. If his opinion is that Dark is better prepared now to lead a top program, then I am on board with it. CDC has some success elevating coordinator s to head coaches.

I would like to think that CDC had a long conversation with Sark about his issues beforehand. If he didn't, then CDC needs to not have that job. 

I’m all fucking in.  This guy knows what’s up.    He’s always had big time recruiters at each stop.  This fucker convinced the Brockermeyers, Wheaton, Milroe, Jojo Earle all to go to Bama.  Imagine those guys at Texas.  I’m excited, let’s fucking go. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

you listen to him and unlike herman who hadn't yet been humbled, you get a guy who has learned some important life lessons. it's not the immature brashness of herman, who like charlie didn't know what they were getting into and thought they could win on a national level with mid major staffs.  Sark knows what he's getting into. Probably in large part because he was mentored by Saban who demands excellence at every level and it's not just talk, but results.

I continue to think although it's not the sure thing Urban Meyer would have been, it could better. If he succeeds, unlike Urban we won't be looking for another coach in 5 years or less.  Win a  natty coach Sark at bama and then come win one here!

Yeah fans reactions to TEXAS hiring SARK -- reminds me of lots of folks at blOU that had similar concerns about their hiring of Lincoln a few years ago.

Beat blOU SARK 🤘 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1