Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

6 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Chad Simmons had this in an article: 

2025 4-star RB Jordon Davison

The buzz: It is very early for Jordon Davison, yet the elite 2025 running back is already a national recruit with options across the country. The school trending early for him is Texas. He has visited Austin multiple times and has bonded with running backs coach Tashard Choice. Davison is very high on Texas’ board and based on intel, the feelings are mutual. Davison is not close to a decision, but the Longhorns are in a good position and I have put a pick in for Texas on the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine.

He followed up with this in the comments: Everything I hear about Jordon Davison tells me Texas is the early favorite. I know he is HIGH on Choice, he likes Austin and he and Jerrick Gibson have been in communication as well.

Gerry had this in a separate article on Gibson: In continuing to speak with a source close to Sunshine State recruiting in the Southwest part of the state, the Longhorns’ January lead for Gibson has continued to increase ahead of the June official visits. With that said, I’m entering an On3 Recruiting Prediction pick at 80% for Texas to eventually land one of the nation’s top prospects in the 2024 cycle.

He's also said in some of the IT videos that a Gibson source has said they would be shocked if he didn't pick the good guys. 

Mike Norvell is going to send assassins to Austin if Choice keeps poaching the top FL RBs. 

Edited by Vertigo

7 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry put in a prediction for Jerrick Gibson to Texas. 80% confidence.

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I posted it in the 25' recruiting thread, but we just got a pick on On3 for a 5* RB in that class.

4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Choice is the Brian Hartline of running back coaches

Choice Fist Bump GIF by Sixt

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Not that it's a surprise, but Blake Frazier's Twitter feed is entirely a Michigan love-in right now

Have we shown any interest in this kid at all? It doesn't seem like it. I see that we made hit "Top 5" but it seems like we're there to be a hat on the table more than anything else (and so certain media members can bitch and moan when we "lose" a "blue chip" from our backyard even if we didn't really want him). 

7 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Have we shown any interest in this kid at all? It doesn't seem like it. I see that we made hit "Top 5" but it seems like we're there to be a hat on the table more than anything else (and so certain media members can bitch and moan when we "lose" a "blue chip" from our backyard even if we didn't really want him). 

We offered, he's visited a few times. I think everyone knows he's going to Michigan but there's no harm in keeping him warm in case anything changes.

I don't think anyone but an absolute moron (hi AAS staff!) is going to moan about about a UMich legacy going to Ann Arbor.

• Hook 'Em 4

Not too worried about DB this cycle. Seem to be a lot of realistic options and we appear to be in good position for some of the top guys.

DT, WR outside of Hudson and where we find our 1-2 LB’s after last year’s haul are my biggest question marks right now. And of course edge/EDge/EDGE.

Edited by Hookem2147

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Nick Harris forecasted Selman Bridges to Texas.

Also, Adam Gorney (who I guess is the main guy at Rivals now??) thinks Kobe Black ends up at Texas.  He also said Clemson is the leader for Gipson.

Bridges runs the anchor leg for his 4x100 team. That is impressive speed for someone his height and he's the mold that Sark wants for corner. 

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Nick Harris forecasted Selman Bridges to Texas.

Also, Adam Gorney (who I guess is the main guy at Rivals now??) thinks Kobe Black ends up at Texas.  He also said Clemson is the leader for Gipson.

The last name similarities between Jerrick Gibson and Corian Gipson keep throwing me off something terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

The last name similarities between Jerrick Gibson and Corian Gipson keep throwing me off something terrible. 

Here you go - review this thoroughly, and you will never be confused again.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not too worried about DB this cycle. Seem to be a lot of realistic options and we appear to be in good position for some of the top guys.

DT, WR outside of Hudson and where we find our 1-2 LB’s after last year’s haul are my biggest question marks right now. And of course edge/EDge/EDGE.

I'm not worried about any of it.

Just watched on3's vid on YT with Collin Simmons (they still think he's going to LSU) but reading body language combined with what he actually said I have to believe we would need to give him a reason to not commit to the Horns. The LSU thing is real, but it seems it's down to us and them at the moment.

I didn't post the link because I'm sure someone already beat me to it, I can't be arsed to read every post I've missed the past couple days

Some 2024 notes from IT

Spoiler

Kobe Black, CB, Waco (Texas) Connally 

The state’s top cornerback released his top 11 on Thursday. Texas, Oregon, TCU, Florida, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M, USC, Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU made the cut. 

While the 6-foot-1, 190-pound On3 four-star remains open, Texas has been solid here over the last few months. He attended the first Junior Day in January and is looking at a possible return for the Spring game on April 15th.

Black’s teammate and Texas signee Jelani McDonald is helping the Horns staff in its recruiting efforts. 

Kedren Young, RB, Lufkin (Texas) 

The 5-foot-11, 225-pound tailback and On3 four-star has set his first official visit. He’ll be in South Bend to see Notre Dame on June 2-4.

Texas still contacts the East Texas talent, but with Tashard Choice and staff eyeing Jerrick Gibson and Christian Clark, Young remains a contingency at this stage. 

Young is also looking at visits to Michigan, TCU, and Baylor. Texas A&M is pushing for another trip as well.

Jayden Jackson, DL, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy

Texas will host the 6-foot-2, 300-pound wrecking ball this weekend for an unofficial visit. Jackson transferred to IMG Academy from Browsburg, Ind. When Jackson’s recruitment began, there was a common thought that the Midwest powers would be tough to beat. In talking to a source extremely tied into IMG football, that isn’t necessarily the case.

Jackson and his mom are making their way through the process with the help of Jayden’s uncle, and they are looking into fits more than location headed into the summer. Texas has been working to get Jackson on campus for a while, and the IMG football source expects the Longhorns to be in the thick of the race after this weekend. 

April 15 Spring Game visitor list

Trey Owens, QB, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair – #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 512

Bryant Wesco, WR, Midlothian (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 34
*Maybe

Colton Heinrich, TE, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 694

Brandon Baker, OT, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 25

Daniel Calhoun, OT, Roswell (Ga.) Walton
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 74

Nyier Daniels, OT, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 197
*Maybe

Colin Cubberly, IOL, Lagrangeville (N.Y.) Arlington
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 615

On3 Industry Ranking: No. 14 (5-star)
*Maybe

Hunter Moddon, CB, Houston (Texas) Clear Lake – #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 82

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Some 2024 notes from IT

Hide contents

The state’s top cornerback released his top 11 on Thursday. Texas, Oregon, TCU, Florida, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M, USC, Alabama, Ohio State, and LSU made the cut. 

While the 6-foot-1, 190-pound On3 four-star remains open, Texas has been solid here over the last few months. He attended the first Junior Day in January and is looking at a possible return for the Spring game on April 15th.

Black’s teammate and Texas signee Jelani McDonald is helping the Horns staff in its recruiting efforts. 

Kedren Young, RB, Lufkin (Texas) 

The 5-foot-11, 225-pound tailback and On3 four-star has set his first official visit. He’ll be in South Bend to see Notre Dame on June 2-4.

Texas still contacts the East Texas talent, but with Tashard Choice and staff eyeing Jerrick Gibson and Christian Clark, Young remains a contingency at this stage. 

Young is also looking at visits to Michigan, TCU, and Baylor. Texas A&M is pushing for another trip as well.

Jayden Jackson, DL, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy

Texas will host the 6-foot-2, 300-pound wrecking ball this weekend for an unofficial visit. Jackson transferred to IMG Academy from Browsburg, Ind. When Jackson’s recruitment began, there was a common thought that the Midwest powers would be tough to beat. In talking to a source extremely tied into IMG football, that isn’t necessarily the case.

Jackson and his mom are making their way through the process with the help of Jayden’s uncle, and they are looking into fits more than location headed into the summer. Texas has been working to get Jackson on campus for a while, and the IMG football source expects the Longhorns to be in the thick of the race after this weekend. 

April 15 Spring Game visitor list

Trey Owens, QB, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair – #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 512

Bryant Wesco, WR, Midlothian (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 34
*Maybe

Colton Heinrich, TE, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 694

Brandon Baker, OT, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 25

Daniel Calhoun, OT, Roswell (Ga.) Walton
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 74

Nyier Daniels, OT, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 197
*Maybe

On3 Industry Ranking: No. 14 (5-star)
*Maybe

Hunter Moddon, CB, Houston (Texas) Clear Lake – #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 82

Damn, big weekend for Flood. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

FsfgJZiaEAAQNLH?format=jpg&name=large

cant teach size

Tj Shanahan’s photogenic counterpart

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

He visited here with his qb (not very good but ya gotta love the shirt) and has big Midwest offers. Big kid, good feet, smart. It would be a mugging if we can land him. Lagrangeville, ny profiles more to la grange, tx than Austin, but I would guess that’s a point in Austin’s favor. 

Flood is working his Rutgers connections. Looks like at least the qb trainer and their hs coach are long-standing relationships 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls