Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

• 1 year later...

Kid must be legit. Already holds offers from Bama, Jawga, and fOSU.

2 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Jadyn Davis, a QB from South Carolina, already has offers from Alabama (Sark is lead recruiter) andĀ Georgia. I expect Sark will soon add a Texas offer to that list.

Ā https://247sports.com/recruitment/jadyn-davis-130897/recruitinterests/

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Any info on why the move to Flower Mound? Is it just for football? Any UIL issues?

Not sure about Flower Mound specifically, but kids/families on the West Coast have been flocking to Texas since August because of the CoVid shutdown on the West Coast.Ā  Hell, even NM athletes have been coming in since all sports in NM are shut down.

13 hours ago, texashorn13 said:

Not sure about Flower Mound specifically, but kids/families on the West Coast have been flocking to Texas since August because of the CoVid shutdown on the West Coast.Ā  Hell, even NM athletes have been coming in since all sports in NM are shut down.

This is what I was trying to get clarification on. His parents are moving from Seattle to TexasĀ mainly for their son's high school football.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"one to watch" from Wells

Spoiler

One to Watch: Jaydan Hardy, Lewisville (2024):

The 6-foot, 170-pound ATH was named the District 6-6A Defensive Newcomer of the Year as a freshman after notching 61 tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery in 2020. Not too shabby for a freshman.

Mississippi State and Illinois State have already offered and over a dozen schools have reached out inquiring about the young stud.

Ā 

Mike at Night: Notes from the road on Texas targets and rising prospects

MikeRoach

Spoiler

ā€” While out on the road this week, I've found some underclassmen I'm a big fan of. Texas has yet to issue a 2024 offer, but one kid I've been impressed by is McKinney athlete Xavier Filsaime. He moved from Florida to Texas a few years ago and has the length and speed to be a difference-maker on offense or defense. As of now, he's the first 2024 kid I'd put a stamp of approval on, but I want to share more young names as I get around and see these programs workout.

Ā 

Not much info about him on 247 or Hudl.

https://247sports.com/player/xavier-filsaime-46103308/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14841186/xavier-filsaime

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the QB's mentioned in Nick Harris article above.Ā Kid goes to my sons school,Ā he's #1 triple jumper in nation in his class as well.Ā Kid's getting a lot of attention from recruiters. Definitely carries that "it" factor on the field. Teammates love playing with him.Ā 

https://247sports.com/player/karson-gordon-46104078/

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

One of the QB's mentioned in Nick Harris article above.Ā Kid goes to my sons school,Ā he's #1 triple jumper in nation in his class as well.Ā Kid's getting a lot of attention from recruiters. Definitely carries that "it" factor on the field. Teammates love playing with him.Ā 

https://247sports.com/player/karson-gordon-46104078/

@Hank Scorpio to the courtesy phone

IT

Spoiler

WR Ashton Cozart, North Richland Hills (Richland, TX) - 2023 and Cole Welliver, Marcus (Flower Mound, TX) - 2024:

They arrived via Governor Abbottā€™s new qualified football prospect visa. The Governor proudly stated, ā€œIf Cubans can be Yankees I see no reason why West Coast football players canā€™t be Texans.ā€

*None of thatā€™s true, save the Metroplex gaining two talents from the Seattle area.

Cozartā€™s father, Chris, is originally from Red Oak but the military has taken the family all over. Most recently they were in Sammamish, which recruitniks might remember from the 2020 cycle as Eastside Catholic was loaded. In that class, WR Gee Scott committed to Ohio State. Ashtonā€™s nickname became GS13 because he was seen as the next big thing at receiver in the area.

The Welliver clan is from Tacoma but Cole was set to follow in five-star Sam Huardā€™s footsteps at Kennedy Catholic in Bellevue. With high school football still under threat in their state, the Wellivers relocated and landed at Flower Mound Marcus. If Marcus was good enough for Doug Nussmeier to send his kid to, itā€™s good enough for JJ Welliver. Thatā€™s sound math.

Cozart is a silky smooth 6-2.5, 190 pounds who is quick in and out of his cuts. He has elements of a target receiver but heā€™s also good after the catch. Heā€™s a fluid mover with good body control and quick feet. Maybe CJ Williams-ish for a comp, but perhaps with more speed. He has a very solid early offer list ā€” TCU, Arizona State, Miami, etc. ā€” and is hearing from a number of other schools, including Texas. Cozart has been in touch with Texas about an offer in recent days. He works with renowned skills trainer Margin Hooks.

His father relayed a funny story: ā€œWhen he first started being recruited he asked if he could get a hoodie for schools who have offered. I thought, sure, but now thatā€™s getting too expensive. Heā€™ll get a Texas one, though, if that offer really does come.ā€

The 6-foot-6 Welliver throws one of the Titus spirals youā€™ll see. At his size and age (15) you expect mechanical inconsistencies, but when it comes together on a rep itā€™s a thing of beauty. Heā€˜s just begun working with Kevin Murray so heā€™ll learn from one of the best in the state.

Welliver already holds offers from Arizona State, Washington State, Colorado, and FAU.

Cozart and Welliver grew up playing on the same youth teams together up yonder.

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls