Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

Not exactly the most reliable source but...

1656027189621-png.205233

caracal.jpg

The name 'caracal' was proposed by Georges Buffon in 1761 who referred to its Turkish name 'Karrah-kulak' or 'Kara-coulac', meaning 'cat with black ears'.[13][14] The 'lynx' of the Greeks and Romans was most probably the caracal, and the name 'lynx' is sometimes still applied to it, but the present-day lynx proper is a separate genus.[15]

The caracal is also known as desert lynx and Persian lynx.[16]

• Haha 1

The Huddle Part Two: More notes from 7v7 & Arch Madness

Hudson Standish

Spoiler

The Huddle Part Two: More notes from 7v7 & Arch Madness

Hudson Standish

— I hinted at a Top247 transfer that I got the green light to finally post in 2024 WR Freddie Dubose moving from Schertz Clemens to Smithson Valley. I also mentioned yesterday that Dubose was one of the players that Manning’s commitment would impact the most and it did just that.

Dubose told me yesterday that he nearly committed once the Manning news went public and the overall message from the Texas staff was that we want you in Austin as soon as you’re ready.

Dubose decided to hold off on the commitment but Texas remains extremely high in his recruitment and he isn’t ruling out an announcement on his potential college decision by the end of 2022. I love where Texas stands if they keep this current trend line, but Texas A&M and Oregon could regain momentum rather quickly with Dubose so this is by no means a done deal.

— Silsbee 2024 ATH Drelon Miller continued his hot streak today and proved over the offseason that he’s one of the best players in the state for the rising junior class. I’ll have a full update with quotes from Miller later on next week likely, but wanted to get one very important note out right now.

After talking with Miller’s dad, the family seems to have a date in mind for a commitment next August 26th. So while the decision is more than a year a way, the family seemed pretty firm that they want to play out the process and make an informed decision instead of rushing into an early commitment. Miller will play at the Peach Jam AAU basketball tournament and schools have already started pitching him on playing Hoops in college in addition to football.

— Longview 2024 RB Taylor Tatum mentioned that he communicates with area recruiter Blake Gideon and would like to visit Texas during the fall for a game at DKR. Tatum doesn’t hold an offer from Texas but picked up scholarship opportunities from USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M this spring.

— It’s hard to call a kid a sleeper when he is a rising junior that already has offers from Oregon and Ole Miss, but Hitchcock 2024 ATH Damien McDaniel has flown under the radar with in-state schools and looked amazing today leading his high school to the division two 7v7 title.

McDaniel mentioned that nearly every in-state school has asked him to visit and camp but he wanted to try and hit more out of state schools over the summer. At 6-foot, 175 pounds he impressed me the most at corner, winning the vast majority of reps 1v1 with Top247 WR Jadon Porter from Lorena in the title game.

Hitchcock also had a 2024 athlete named Bryce Dorsey and a QB in the 2025 class named Lloyd Jones III that really impressed on their way to the title.

3 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

Should be interesting to watch, transferred to Smithson Valley this summer and with a fairly loaded roster could put up some big numbers.

I figured they’d be seeing a little talent exodus actually with pieper ranch opening. Also surprised he made the move from 6A to 5A.

I figured they’d be seeing a little talent exodus actually with pieper ranch opening. Also surprised he made the move from 6A to 5A.

It’s weird because it seems like all the athletes are doing school of choice with SV while the non athletes attend Pieper. At least looks that way currently. SV has the potential to be extremely good this year as they didn’t lose much at all from last year and quite a few D1 players including the OL committed to aggy. They should run through 5A in this area.

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Interesting.

image.thumb.png.38dbfd9ea9da0413086f5c713ed02f39.png

What would be the point? He has bluechip offers, we had Sayin as the no-Arch plan, and with Arch in the boat he's not seeing playing time here. Guaranteed L if he didn't grow up in Bevo's paddock.

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

What would be the point? He has bluechip offers, we had Sayin as the no-Arch plan, and with Arch in the boat he's not seeing playing time here. Guaranteed L if he didn't grow up in Bevo's paddock.

Aggy/Jimbo is all over this kid.  Sounds like another dual-threat QB that Jimbo will try to turn into a pocket passer.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls