Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

I said it earlier this spring and I’ll say it again. Jacob Henry absolutely has to be a Longhorn. Starter as a sophomore on varsity at Lake Travis. Placed in powerlifting at state meet. State tournament qualifier in wrestling. That kind of athleticism and strength don’t come around very often. And you don’t get to where he’s at without having a nasty streak too. I want I want I want
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Herbie Hancock said:

Fuck me. Wow. That makes a lot more sense. Especially with the kid a few slots down at 6’1” 190 listed qb/dt. Guess I should have had more to drink tonight, I’m entirely too sober to be this stupid.

I get smarter when I drink, at least that's what I tell myself.

8 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I said it earlier this spring and I’ll say it again. Jacob Henry absolutely has to be a Longhorn. Starter as a sophomore on varsity at Lake Travis. Placed in powerlifting at state meet. State tournament qualifier in wrestling. That kind of athleticism and strength don’t come around very often. And you don’t get to where he’s at without having a nasty streak too. I want I want I want

Maybe he can walk on-he’s very much on the small size for what they are looking for on the line.

Maybe he can walk on-he’s very much on the small size for what they are looking for on the line.

He’s 6’1 275 and just finished his sophomore year. He’s only going to get bigger, but Casey Hampton was 6’1 and he seemed to do alright for himself. Kid has a world class pedigree and seems to have the work ethic to back it up. I’ll gladly take a flyer on him
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

Goal line/ short yardage FULLBACK.

With those thighs he’ll blow a hole through any line. 

10 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

He’s 6’1 275 and just finished his sophomore year. He’s only going to get bigger, but Casey Hampton was 6’1 and he seemed to do alright for himself. Kid has a world class pedigree and seems to have the work ethic to back it up. I’ll gladly take a flyer on him

Normally I’d sideswipe a Lake Travis or Westlake honk for their honkisms, but I find this post compelling and agree that if he keeps developing, there are far worse routes to take to round out the back of a recruiting class. 

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Probably less about being a Lake Travis homer, and more about being a legacy whose dad is a legendary weightlifter, professional wrestler, and one of the most accomplished Texas athletes and ambassadors of all time. 

Best Mark Henry GIFs | Gfycat

Can you imagine the slew of new NIL opportunities with Mark Henry on board with Texas athletics?

Mark Henry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

43 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

If you’ll notice it was in response to someone questioning whether he has the size to be effective, and the comparison was about height only. He’s got 40 pounds and a set of nuts the size of bowling balls to add to his frame before he can be compared to Casey Hampton talent wise. 

Don't try to insert logic into my Casey Hampton fanboy rants. 

1 hour ago, Shaggyhorn said:

And now I know. Hard to ignore all those big bodies coming to our O-line. It probably makes a future RB very happy. Would this be our first IMG kid?

Nah, we got that adeloyle, or whatever, kid a few years back.

And I guess agiye hall counts now too

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

If you’ll notice it was in response to someone questioning whether he has the size to be effective, and the comparison was about height only. He’s got 40 pounds and a set of nuts the size of bowling balls to add to his frame before he can be compared to Casey Hampton talent wise. 

For the record I didn’t question his effectiveness, I question whether he’s too small to get recruited for nose by THIS defensive staff.  

I’m don’t really think they’d prioritize Casey, either.  Shaun Rodgers seems more to fit their preferred type.  

On 7/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, Huckleberry said:

Agree but I am now angered that someone compared him to the greatest Longhorn defender I've ever watched. I'll take half a Casey Hampton every day. 

Happened to stop on LHN the other day and caught a portion of a replay of an aggie game at DKR wherein they identified Hampton only as the guy that "comes in every now and then to give Chris Aiken a breather." Casey was just huffing and puffing after just a couple of plays, but I just wondered wtf ever happened to Chris Aiken?

18 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Happened to stop on LHN the other day and caught a portion of a replay of an aggie game at DKR wherein they identified Hampton only as the guy that "comes in every now and then to give Chris Aiken a breather." Casey was just huffing and puffing after just a couple of plays, but I just wondered wtf ever happened to Chris Aiken?

Akins

1 hour ago, Saint Tacky said:

He was runner-up on American Idol

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls