Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

@UDontKnow This is the 2024 kid they've been recruiting at QB. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Owens-46117790/

11143861.jpg

Perroni took this photograph. Hence, the "WTF mang?!" look.

Also, the kid should have a NIL deal lined up with a sunscreen company the moment he enrolls in college.

All this aside, why are they recruiting this kid?

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/football/2024/offers/ (Does not have an offer yet)

Just now, UDontKnow said:

11143861.jpg

Perroni took this photograph. Hence, the "WTF mang?!" look.

Also, the kid should have a NIL deal lined up with a sunscreen company the moment he enrolls in college.

All this aside, why are they recruiting this kid?

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/football/2024/offers/ (Does not have an offer yet)

When the pitch is "you're the QB coming in the year after Arch Manning," DJ Lagway isn't walking through that door. You need someone that's fine with sitting and developing for a while ala Maalik last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

When the pitch is "you're the QB coming in the year after Arch Manning," DJ Lagway isn't walking through that door. You need someone that's fine with sitting and developing for a while ala Maalik last year.

I thought the in-state guy for 2024 was Cole Welliver. But maybe that has changed.

2024 On3 No. 2 WR Micah Hudson sees big things at Texas

Justin Wells•3 minutes

Article written by:Justin Wells

(Justin Wells/Inside Texas)

After the recruitment of the On3 No. 1 overall prospect in Texas for 2024 Micah Hudson was off to a slow start with the Longhorns, things have certainly picked up for the four-star stud. 

On a night where Hudson caught the game-winning score vs Red Oak on Friday night. his eighth touchdown in 2022, he was in a good mood heading to Austin on Saturday morning. 

“I just wanted to win, you know,” Hudson said. “Connor Cruz (Lake Belton QB) put the ball on the money and just made a play. At halftime, we were down. I just tried to let (team) know we’ve been in this situation before would come out with the win. We needed 100% effort and I believe we got it. It was a good game where both teams played really hard and we were able to pull out the win.” 

Hudson made it to Texas on Saturday and was expecting big things from the quarterback position, 

“You know Quinn Ewers slings the ball and Bryce Young slings the ball,” said Hudson. “I really wanted to see how they moved Xavier Worthy around. They have a lot of playmakers on the team including Worthy and Bijan Robinson.” 

When asked if the quarterback would be factor in his ultimate college decision, Hudson was adamant about Texas having Ewers and Arch Manning on the way. 

“It’ll definitely factor into my decision,” Hudson stated. “Also, how I’m going to be used in the offense. I want to catch plays and make plays for my team. Just turn up.”

The 6-foot, 185-pounder already holds a ton of offers, including from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech. Hudson told Inside Texas that Auburn, OU, Texas Tech, and Ohio State are making quality pushes, and that Notre Dame is building a strong relationship with the Cen-Tex product. 

Micah Hudson Scouting Summary

“Dynamic playmaker that you can’t take your eyes off of when you turn on the tape. Can go up and high point the football with ease. Turns hitches, swings and screens into touchdowns. Will run over, through and around defenders with the ball in his hands. Has every tool in the bag when it comes to route running. Ran 11.54 in the 100m, 23.26 in the 200m and jumped a 21’01” long jump as a freshman. Advanced well beyond his years and is one of the best receivers in the nation, regardless of cycle.” — Charles Power, On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings

Hudson ranks as the No. 11 overall prospect and No. 2 wide receiver in the country per the On3 rankings, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. The sophomore out of Lake Belton has an On3 NIL Valuation of $132K. The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry Hamilton said he was at IMG today and that he thinks Texas currently leads for this kid. Originally from Fort Worth.

https://www.on3.com/db/jordon-johnson-rubell-145313/

We've been in the lead with him from the jump and visited for UTSA (see above). He just needs to commit.

On 9/20/2022 at 9:33 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry Hamilton said he was at IMG today and that he thinks Texas currently leads for this kid. Originally from Fort Worth.

https://www.on3.com/db/jordon-johnson-rubell-145313/

On 9/20/2022 at 9:35 PM, texifornia said:

We've been in the lead with him from the jump and visited for UTSA (see above). He just needs to commit.

Uhhhhh….. He’s only 5’9.5.

7 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Anybody have this Hudson Standish article from a couple days ago?:

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-Jalen-Hale-Longview-Deuce-Adams-193755988/

Looks like Trey Owens isn’t the only ‘24 in-state QB that Sark is recruiting.

— I spoke with New Braunfels Canyon 2024 quarterback Deuce Adams after the junior QB visited Texas for the UTSA game. Adams has remained in contact with Texas QBs coach AJ Milwee throughout the offseason and has seen that contact increase since the September 1st contact window opened. In a cycle that Texas could take a "bridge" quarterback after landing the top overall player in the 2023 clas in Arch Manning, Adams would make sense in that role as a Texas legacy that has been steadily improving and has thrown for Milwee and Sarkisian multiple times before.

Adams said the visit was "amazing, and the energy was great inside the stadium" and that his main feedback from the Texas staff is that they understand he's playing at a good level but also are aware that he has the potential to level his game up still. Through four games this year Adams is 98/142 for 1,326 passing yards, a 16/3 TD to INT ratio, and 120 rushing yards in a 4-0 start for Canyon which included the first win in nine years over rival New Braunfels in the "Wurst Bowl."

• Hook 'Em 2

— I spoke with New Braunfels Canyon 2024 quarterback Deuce Adams after the junior QB visited Texas for the UTSA game. Adams has remained in contact with Texas QBs coach AJ Milwee throughout the offseason and has seen that contact increase since the September 1st contact window opened. In a cycle that Texas could take a "bridge" quarterback after landing the top overall player in the 2023 clas in Arch Manning, Adams would make sense in that role as a Texas legacy that has been steadily improving and has thrown for Milwee and Sarkisian multiple times before.
Adams said the visit was "amazing, and the energy was great inside the stadium" and that his main feedback from the Texas staff is that they understand he's playing at a good level but also are aware that he has the potential to level his game up still. Through four games this year Adams is 98/142 for 1,326 passing yards, a 16/3 TD to INT ratio, and 120 rushing yards in a 4-0 start for Canyon which included the first win in nine years over rival New Braunfels in the "Wurst Bowl."

I will be watching this kid tonight as my kid’s HS plays Canyon tonight.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls