Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

33 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I would also have accepted:  "He's the down's syndrome version of Hangman from Top Gun: Maverick."

maxresdefault.jpg

anyway, love you guys.  hope you're well.

Please tell us that you're back.  I've missed your .gif responses and accidental racism.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Seeing Raiola spurn the Ohio couch burners fors Georgia makes me laugh. I can see him either beating out Vandergriff or transferring down the line. No 2 ways about it. 

Vandagriff was class of '21.  He'll be 21 years old by the time next season starts.  Raiola will be a senior in high school.  I don't think Vandagriff vs. Raiola will be a thing. 

4 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

I would also have accepted:  "He's the down's syndrome version of Hangman from Top Gun: Maverick."

maxresdefault.jpg

anyway, love you guys.  hope you're well.

Deep cut. I briefly played football with Glen in high school. He was....not good at it. Say what you will about Katfid, but he knows his white people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Plorant said:

Vandagriff was class of '21.  He'll be 21 years old by the time next season starts.  Raiola will be a senior in high school.  I don't think Vandagriff vs. Raiola will be a thing. 

Ah, ok. For some reason I thought Vandergriff was 19. Damn he's been there forever. Props on not transferring even when a 52 year old man got the start ahead of him. That's rare af, especially for QB's 

9 hours ago, Plorant said:

your analysis failed to consider the fact that georgia qb's stick around until they're 25.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jr Day shaping up nice.  Hopefully Simmons makes it in (told Wiltfong he was a maybe).  Have to think Zina shows up?  Kobie Black?  Would like to see Nigel Smith (maybe he just doesn't like Texas??).  Stinks the 5* EDGE from Bijan's school picked aggy over us. 

Zina is confirmed. I think we have a steep hill to climb with Nigel Smith. I think Gerry has mentioned once or twice that Texas doesn't appear to be all in on him yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

IT is at 23 junior day confirmations so far and they expect to add more later today.

Big names so far for those who haven't been following:

WR Micah Hudson, RB Jerrick Gibson (Florida), Edge Zina Umeozulu, Edge Kolaj Cobbins (Louisana), LB Dylan Wiliams (California), OL Daniel Cruz, DB Corian Gibson, LB Payton Pierce

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT is at 23 junior day confirmations so far and they expect to add more later today.

Big names so far for those who haven't been following:

WR Micah Hudson, RB Jerrick Gibson (Florida), Edge Zina Umeozulu, Edge Kolaj Cobbins (Louisana), LB Dylan Wiliams (California), OL Daniel Cruz, DB Corian Gibson, LB Payton Pierce

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jr Day shaping up nice.  Hopefully Simmons makes it in (told Wiltfong he was a maybe).  Have to think Zina shows up?  Kobie Black?  Would like to see Nigel Smith (maybe he just doesn't like Texas??).  Stinks the 5* EDGE from Bijan's school picked aggy over us. 

Getting Goosby certainly helped, but there is a strong BlowU influence in Melissa.

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wonder if this is a guy the staff will eventually take a look at.  Utah offered a while back and Baylor just did.

https://247sports.com/player/jaylin-jones-46133288/

Utah and Baylor are on him early with McGuire and Traylor…if we aren’t on him, we  probably should be.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls