Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

So who isn't visiting that is currently highly ranked in Texas this year?

I count Hudson, Simmons, Lagway, Hampton and Smith as the current top 10 guys not coming.

I know Texas thinks it has a legitimate shot at Hudson and Simmons, both of which will be NIL-driven in a major way.

Lagway is obviously going to go somewhere else, albeit I doubt it winds up being UF. They're utterly fucked in the agent realm after the debacle with Reshada, especially at QB.

Hampton seems totally unlikely at this point. 

Is Smith just not interested in Texas at all? I'm going to get to talking with my friends sooner or later, but haven't regarding the '24 class yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So who isn't visiting that is currently highly ranked in Texas this year?

I count Hudson, Simmons, Lagway, Hampton and Smith as the current top 10 guys not coming.

I know Texas thinks it has a legitimate shot at Hudson and Simmons, both of which will be NIL-driven in a major way.

Lagway is obviously going to go somewhere else, albeit I doubt it winds up being UF. They're utterly fucked in the agent realm after the debacle with Reshada, especially at QB.

Hampton seems totally unlikely at this point. 

Is Smith just not interested in Texas at all? I'm going to get to talking with my friends sooner or later, but haven't regarding the '24 class yet. 

Here's the composite: https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/consensus-player/football/2024/?state=tx

I think someone said Smith's got OU people all around him, although another Melissa prospect is coming in.

Haven't heard anything about Corian Gipson in forever. Weird.

Is Zina Umeozulu coming?

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Here's the composite: https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/consensus-player/football/2024/?state=tx

I think someone said Smith's got OU people all around him, although another Melissa prospect is coming in.

Haven't heard anything about Corian Gipson in forever. Weird.

Is Zina Umeozulu coming?

I thought I'd read that Umeozulu and Gipson were coming in, but someone paying closer attention might be able to correct me if I am wrong.

I also forgot about Drelon Miller, who I believe is a top 10 guy and also someone that Texas isn't interacting much with, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I thought I'd read that Umeozulu and Gipson were coming in, but someone paying closer attention might be able to correct me if I am wrong.

I also forgot about Drelon Miller, who I believe is a top 10 guy and also someone that Texas isn't interacting much with, for whatever reason.

Gipson and Umeozulu are both still expected in, at least as of this morning.

As for Miller, I haven't seen a list of those planning to attend Aggie Junior day this weekend but I'd expect him to be there. He's slotted to be at Florida the following weekend when DJ Lagway goes. Miller hasn't been on campus in Austin since maybe the Alabama game, so likely attenuated interest there at best. 

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls