Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Satan still has the 2010 BCS National Championship Game against Texas on his office wall, five titles and fifteen years later.

defeated | Trending Gifs

I've noticed that before when recruits from Texas show up. I've wondered if has a revolving rotation of such photos that he has brought in whenever players from different states show up. He's recruiting against Texas quite often. I'd have a whole wall full of photos of when he beat Texas for the national championship  when players from Texas come to visit.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve always wondered what coaches think of us landing the helicopter on the middle of their fields. I just imagine a bunch of shit flying around the field upon landing and taking off that some poor sophomore team manager has to pick up and reorganize. 

Sark landed a chopper on our baseball field a couple weeks ago to visit James Peoples.

19 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Would love to get him on campus.  With that size and speed, if he doesn't have problems holding on to the ball, he seems to profile as an early contributor.

He has some jake smith vibes to me. Good athlete playing against a bunch of future accountants. Hard to know how good he really is, but he does do a good job of going up to get the ball.

34 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He has some jake smith vibes to me. Good athlete playing against a bunch of future accountants. Hard to know how good he really is, but he does do a good job of going up to get the ball.

Hence the proviso re: his hands.  And he doesn't play RB like Smith.   I can see him being a star at BYU, UW or Nike U.

Edited by cafe society

On 1/27/2023 at 7:41 AM, Hornlover said:

Yep. He was in Jasper on a top secret recruiting mission.

https://www.kjas.com/news/local_news/article_5125cb46-9dc2-11ed-a328-939930ce0831.html

He probably just wanted to hit the Cedar Tree for the lunch buffet. This, of course, assumes the Cedar Tree is still there, and hasn't burned up in a massive grease fire.

Interested to see what our top targets are going to be for 2024, and how many we'll take at each position. Here's some early wild-ass guesses:

QB (1) Trey Owens

RB(2) Jerrick Gibson, James Peoples, Jeremy Payne, Taylor Tatum

WR(3) Aeryn Hampton, Micah Hudson, Bryant Wesco, Parker Livingstone, GeKyle Baker, Freddie Dubose Jr

TE (1) ???

OL (4) Michael Uini, Ory Williams, Blake Ivy, Blake Frazier, Collin Cubberly, Nate Kibble, DeAndre Carter

DL (4) Alex January, Nigel Smith II, ummm... Some Bo Davis guys from AL, MS, or GA

Edge (3) Collin Simmons, Zina Umeozulu, Elijah Rushing, Dakyus Brinkley, Caleb Mitchell

LB (3) Justin Williams, Payton Pierce, Aaron Chiles, Tyanthony Smith

CB (3) Jaden Allen, Kobe Black, Eli Bowen? , ??? 

S (3) Corian Gipson, Jordon Johnson-Rubell, Ka'Davion Dotson, Myles Davis, Landyn Cleveland, Braylon Conley

ATH (1) Hunter Moddon

We're probably not gonna take 28. 

Who else do we have at the top of our board with a realistic chance at signing?

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls