Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

On 2/28/2023 at 4:19 PM, Vertigo said:

Honestly, he has an extra gear that I haven't seen too many TEs this side of Brock Bowers have in a while. I would be thrilled to get this dude. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/16247576/639c32f40c5e370464ad01b1

He looks like he should be wearing a skeleton costume and kicking the shit out of Ralph Macchio but, holy fuck, does he run tough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

*My first foray into recruiting came at a time when Deer Park sent white LB after white LB to Texas; each being a Top 30 recruit that never panned out.

*Incoming exaggeration

I played against the Jake Hammer group of 4 that never did shit and then Brian White. One of my girlfriends in college and business partners to this day had White in a class while we were in school and he asked her to study with him. He hit on her daily and I don’t blame him. She thought it was funny but he wasn’t exactly handsome or bright guy. 

Also, at the same time, Kyle something or other was a short, white LB at Texas and I “studied” with his girlfriend in biology. She was no more impressed with his abilities on the football field than she was learning about Biology. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I played against the Jake Hammer group of 4 that never did shit and then Brian White. One of my girlfriends in college and business partners to this day had White in a class while we were in school and he asked her to study with him. He hit on her daily and I don’t blame him. She thought it was funny but he wasn’t exactly handsome or bright guy. 

Also, at the same time, Kyle something or other was a short, white LB at Texas and I “studied” with his girlfriend in biology. She was no more impressed with his abilities on the football field than she was learning about Biology. 

Congrats on the sex!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The 40 time closed the deal AGAIN.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That was years later. I always thought Jason Barron was a black guy. I never saw him on the field so who the hell knows. 

Think you're right. 

Dusty, Dwight, Tyson, Kyle.... struggling to remember a Jason from that era.

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Think you're right. 

Dusty, Dwight, Tyson, Kyle.... struggling to remember a Jason from that era.

I just tried to do a "Where are they now?" kind of search on a few of these guys. Jason Barron is effectively a ghost. Seems like he lives in Brownwood and he's definitely black, as his dad is Gary Barron, and he's got more information out there about him than his son does.

Poor Kyle seems like things have gone okay for him. Lives in Dallas and works in sales leadership for a pharm entity. 

Anywho, that was a solid 15 minutes I'll never get back. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Was there another small white LB named Jason around that time? 

Jason Burleson? But he wasn't small. And played several different positions.

And shame on y'all for forgetting Brandon Nava.

Edited by Tex Pete

Was looking at the current top twenty composite players in the state and we haven't offered four and you can add another three that probably havr no chance of ending up in the class (Hampton, Smith, Miller).  Not worried about the class, just thought it was interesting.

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Was looking at the current top twenty composite players in the state and we haven't offered four and you can add another three that probably havr no chance of ending up in the class (Hampton, Smith, Miller).  Not worried about the class, just thought it was interesting.

Assuming you are talking about the 247composite? Just took a peek and several guys in the top 20 will not sniff the top 20 a few months from now. I see Nigel Smith at 7 and Umeozulu at 11 which is hilariously bad.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls