Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

15 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Expect a few more retweet from him as well. 

They say the interest is real but it’s “interesting” that it’s starting to ramp up before he hits campus this week. 

He was also in town today because Duncanville was honored by the state’s house and congress. There are photos of him throwing up the Hook’em in the chambers. 

Im “hoping” somebody was smart enough to make sure he knows how much he is wanted while in town today. 

• Hook 'Em 8

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

247 updated it's rankings.  They are high on a lot of guys that we haven't offered or not really pursuing.  Wesco is #1 in the state.

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=TX

They don't even have the best interior DL in the state ranked in their top 127. I feel like there is an argument to be made that 247 and Rivals have literally stopped working. They send out an email to high school coaching contacts and then just add names to their spreadsheet and then upload it to the site, and voila, you have rankings.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They don't even have the best interior DL in the state ranked in their top 127. I feel like there is an argument to be made that 247 and Rivals have literally stopped working. They send out an email to high school coaching contacts and then just add names to their spreadsheet and then upload it to the site, and voila, you have rankings.

Assuming you’re talking about Joseph Jonah-Ajonye, it doesn’t even look like they’ve evaluated him yet. He has a profile, but no grade.

https://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Jonah-Ajonye-46129735/

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

Expect a few more retweet from him as well. 

They say the interest is real but it’s “interesting” that it’s starting to ramp up before he hits campus this week. 

He was also in town today because Duncanville was honored by the state’s house and congress. There are photos of him throwing up the Hook’em in the chambers. 

Im “hoping” somebody was smart enough to make sure he knows how much he is wanted while in town today. 

Agreed hopefully they actually $howed him all the benefit$ of our NIL. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

247 updated it's rankings.  They are high on a lot of guys that we haven't offered or not really pursuing.  Wesco is #1 in the state.

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=TX

They always try to get cute with these rankings, it’s so stupid. There are not 4 better players in the state than Colin Simmons. Hell, you can make the argument there aren’t 4 better players in the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They dropped both, but they still don't have Nigel Smith and Umeozulu low enough. Neither is a top 30 player in the state or a top 250 player in the country.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

They dropped both, but they still don't have Nigel Smith and Umeozulu low enough. Neither is a top 30 player in the state or a top 250 player in the country.

They still don't have a rating for the Oak Ridge DT last I looked and still have January a mid 3* and outside the top 100 in-state.

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is our other commit coming this weekend?  Is he expected to decommit soon?  Seen hea going to one of the Under Armour camps Sunday.

I don't know when he "decommits", but I do expect it. He had a terrible season with drops and his own coaches aren't hyping him. Unless Texas wants him at CB, which isn't tracking right now, his "decommitment" will be that in optics only.

Edited by closetojumping

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't know when he "decommits", but I do expect it. He had a terrible season with drops and his own coaches aren't hyping him. Unless Texas wants him at CB, which isn't tracking right now, his "decommitment" will be that in optics only.

Is there somebody other than Trey Owens and Hunter Moddon that we have committed in 2024?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Mack special?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls