Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

On 9/30/2021 at 6:57 PM, Hornlover said:

Pretty solid tape, especially for a Freshman playing varsity. 

My son played on the same team with him in seventh grade.  The kid was a walking highlight reel, even then.  We were betting back then that he'd be playing somewhere good on Saturdays.  I was glad to hear Texas made him an offer.

Edited by dcbc

IT Scoop (2024)

Spoiler

2024 Melissa DL Nigel Smith has been one of the more impressive players IT has watched in person this season. The Texas staff has certainly taken notice and Bo Davis has ramped up his pursuit accordingly with Ohio State, LSU, and Notre Dame all over the super sophomore.

A source mentioned to IT that Texas was one of Smith’s favorite schools growing up and the Horns made a positive impression on his first gameday visit to Austin.

“I had a lot of fun on the visit,” said Smith. “I talked to Coach Davis for a really long time. We talked a little about football and he just emphasized how much the staff loves my film.”

Similar to Jeff Choate making the rounds to see Carson Dean at Hebron, Davis will likely swing by Melissa during the bye week to build on his relationship with Smith and the Cardinals coaches.

At 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, you might think that the sophomore hit his growth spurt early. However, Smith’s father is 6-foot-9 and was a four-year basketball letterman at SMU in the early 2000s before playing professionally overseas.

Bottom line: Nigel Smith will be next in a long list of nationally coveted defensive lineman from the state of Texas. The Longhorns have set themselves up well early and there is a good chance an offer comes soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mark Henry’s son Jacob is a manster. That’s not a typo, I said manster. 6’1 280+ DT with athleticism and strength. Kid has been training in wrestling since he was on the tit and made varsity wrestling as a freshman. I’ve only seen a couple snippets of his play and I want him for no other reason than his bloodline. Maybe daddy can come be our new S&C and assistant to the minister of culture.

2 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Mark Henry’s son Jacob is a manster. That’s not a typo, I said manster. 6’1 280+ DT with athleticism and strength. Kid has been training in wrestling since he was on the tit and made varsity wrestling as a freshman. I’ve only seen a couple snippets of his play and I want him for no other reason than his bloodline. Maybe daddy can come be our new S&C and assistant to the minister of culture.

ahN.gif.1358fb1a367ba4a8e685cd67e232f1fc.gif

wrestlers understand getting low.  Give me some Poona Ford types all day.

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This grown fucking man graduates high school in 2024...he could beat up every single posted on this website. DO WANT

Agreed, I'm just not sure which poster I want him to start with. I guess it depends on if Carl is back at the time or not.

• Haha 3

Mike at Night: Thoughts on prospects from Texas state championship week

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Thoughts on prospects from Texas state championship week

Mike Roach

Jamyri Cauley, ATH, South Oak Cliff (2024)

“Wildman” had some young moments during the playoffs with some drops and mistakes, but he also made some huge plays including a big catch for a touchdown in the state championship game. Cauley showed off his athleticism, but he won’t likely play wide receiver at the next level. More than anything we can see how he competes and how he’s growing physically before he makes that move at the college level.

Collin Simmons, EDGE, Duncanville (2024)

Simmons has every bit the ability Abor does and he uses it a bit better than Abor did at his age. A lanky prospect siwth long arm and incredible twitch, Simmons was a constant force all season and showed up several times in the title game. Simmons will have to continue to add weight to hold up against the run, but he’s a pass rushing dynamo.

KaDavion Dotson, S, Duncanville (2024)

Dotson is a young emerging star for Duncanville, but he will likely have every offer he could want by the time his career is over. North Shore didn’t test Dotson in coverage much, but throughout the playoffs he showed great ball skills and athleticism. Where he did stand out in the state finals was his physical ability against the run.

Eli Bowen, CB, Denton Guyer (2024)

Peyton’s little brother Eli continually produced turnovers and scores this year, and he came up with another interception in the title game. Nobody saw the field the way Bowen did this year reading passes as if he were standing in the huddle when they were called. This spring will be massive for him as schools begin to pile up with offers.

On 12/12/2021 at 6:50 AM, D3zii said:

Duncanville Has an OLB/DE 2024 C.Simmons, Mark my words he will be a one of the best In the state barring no set backs…Texas needs to jump on him now if they already haven’t. . . . 

https://247sports.com/Player/Colin-Simmons-46113991/

Texas offer plus this:  4648197.png?fit=bounds&crop=25:25,offset-y0.50&width=25&height=25 Georgia Tech  Cool  P Tashard Choice

• Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls