Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

8 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

With Morris at the controls they're going 6-6 at best. No excuse for us to not steamroll them next year. 

Sounds about right. They graduate a ton of talent. The portal is a huge net positive for them and their recruiting ranking is significantly elevated. They’ll be playing for other stuff in years to come, but not next year. 

21 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Sounds about right. They graduate a ton of talent. The portal is a huge net positive for them and their recruiting ranking is significantly elevated. They’ll be playing for other stuff in years to come, but not next year. 

I hope Sarkisian took some notes on how Georgia shredded that 3-3-5. But holy shit did you see the size mismatch on the Oline? That was laughable.

image.thumb.png.ebd30d010dc2cf063d25b277daad908e.png

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I hope Sarkisian took some notes on how Georgia shredded that 3-3-5. But holy shit did you see the size mismatch on the Oline? That was laughable.

image.thumb.png.ebd30d010dc2cf063d25b277daad908e.png

I hope we were also watching Georgia’s 3-3-5 decimate the Frogs. 

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

TCU's 2 worst offensive games were Georgia and Texas. Our 2-4-5 decimated the Frogs fine.

Tap the brakes on the UGA comparison so that we don’t look like total asses, please. We played well enough defensively to win, no doubt. But Miller murdered us. Quentin had monster catches against us. They had 300 yards of O against us. 

They did NOTHING against UGA last night except got lucky on a busted play for 60 of the fewer than 200 yards of O. The talent level between UT and UGA is so much further than your post suggests. 

26 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Tap the brakes on the UGA comparison so that we don’t look like total asses, please. We played well enough defensively to win, no doubt. But Miller murdered us. Quentin had monster catches against us. They had 300 yards of O against us. 

They did NOTHING against UGA last night except got lucky on a busted play for 60 of the fewer than 200 yards of O. The talent level between UT and UGA is so much further than your post suggests. 

Where did I compare Texas to Georgia. I just said the two worst offensive games were Texas and Georgia which is factually correct. They also only had 283 yards against our D.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Where did I compare Texas to Georgia. I just said the two worst offensive games were Texas and Georgia which is factually correct. They also only had 283 yards against our D.

UGA held them to 188. It was a much more dominant effort and factual or not, it was an attempt to include us in something UGA did, which is bush league Aggy JV shit. TCU handled us at home. UGA just fucking blew their goddamned doors off. We are so far away, and Gary’s involvement in the Bama, OU and TCU game plans didn’t mask the mediocrity of our D this year. We have no business being in the same breath as Georgia. 

11 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

No he didn't. He had one long run for 75 yards because Tucker-Dorsey couldn't get off a block or fill a hole. 

Without that long run, Texas held him to 63 yards on 20 carries.

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

TCU scored three points on us, on the drive extended by the “delay of game” call on Coburn. They scored seven on the drive helped by the no-call on Wiley’s ridiculous hold. They got another seven on the drive extended by the phantom “roughing the kicker”. Then, Texas scored seven on a recovered fumble. Let’s not downplay our defensive effort that game. 

TCU was a really good team that had a great season, due to taking advantage of some breaks. Great for them. Texas was a really good team that merely had a good season because they couldn’t overcome some questionable and untimely officiating. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

UGA held them to 188. It was a much more dominant effort and factual or not, it was an attempt to include us in something UGA did, which is bush league Aggy JV shit. TCU handled us at home. UGA just fucking blew their goddamned doors off. We are so far away, and Gary’s involvement in the Bama, OU and TCU game plans didn’t mask the mediocrity of our D this year. We have no business being in the same breath as Georgia. 

Our defense was good, what are you smoking? Oh and can we stop this aggy shit where we say one coach helped with 3 games but the other 9 he was busy doing other stuff or they wouldn’t let him help because sark and PK are meany heads. He was around for every damn game, and our defense improved a fuck ton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I try to forget these things but was he the runner on that play with the blatant hold?

Yes. Watts, I think, was grabbed and practically spun around and held long enough for him to run by. I popped two blood vessels in my neck screaming at the TV.

Here's a clip, courtesy of the fucks at the Big 12:

• Rage+1 1

I think he was referring to the play just before the long run, where Wiley had a blatant hold for TCU, uncalled. Take ten yards there, and TCU isn’t handing off in the next play. 

But, hey, no use complaining about calls. They’ll average out. Just wait- next year we’ll get a game with a 14-0 disparity in calls, and only have two holds called on us (each to be offset by a subsequent personal foul call). They’ll let a face mask in a red zone defensive stand go for us. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, statsman said:

I think he was referring to the play just before the long run, where Wiley had a blatant hold for TCU, uncalled. Take ten yards there, and TCU isn’t handing off in the next play. 

But, hey, no use complaining about calls. They’ll average out. Just wait- next year we’ll get a game with a 14-0 disparity in calls, and only have two holds called on us (each to be offset by a subsequent personal foul call). They’ll let a face mask in a red zone defensive stand go for us. 

You're right. I remember that one also.

Yes, I'm sure the calls will even out next year with every penalty by Big 12 opponents properly recognized.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF