Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

Just saw this write-up by Scipio Tex...

Title Game Learnings

65-7 says it all, but watching the game it somehow felt even worse. Georgia’s blowout of TCU was remarkable and only made possible by a rare triple crown of deficits yet unseen in bowl history. It takes some doing to suffer the worst blowout in all of bowl game history, but in the title game? Without suffering some massive spate of injuries and trotting out your 5th string QB?

Yes Georgia was much more talented across the board, but that’s not responsible for 65-7. Talent mismatches have occurred before in bowl games. That deficit accounts for a 35-10 result. The kindling on the talent fire disparity was that TCU was globally ill-prepared and not ready to play. At any level. They struggled badly to deal with Georgia’s misdirection, hurry-up sugar huddles, man free defensive coverages with a 3 or 4 man rush and couldn’t even line up right. Bulldog OC Jeff Monken did a hell of a scout on TCU and I loved the game plan, but he didn’t exactly reinvent offensive football as Kirk Herbstreit intimated during the broadcast.

There were multiple blown coverages from a veteran Frog secondary, terrible edge defense from the 3-3-5 and they failed to identify superstar TE Brock Bowers as receiver eligible on a Georgia offense that doesn’t have a WR#1. The lack of individual player composure was also striking, confirmed by the sideline reporter mentioning that TCU DC Joe Gillispie told his defense on a 2nd quarter Georgia touchdown drive that they’d lined up incorrectly on 8 consecutive plays. The final part of the blowout trifecta was the TCU players themselves. They played scared and tentatively – effectively overwhelmed – clearly psychologically unprepared for the big stage. The game result will be simplified into various narratives, but it takes a village to get your ass beaten that badly on a big stage.

(TCU choke job... woof)

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Big Frog II said:

We are not happy about him even being considered.  

Fanbase is split.  Some (including me) are out if he's hired.  Some are in the "I trust Dykes" crowd, calling those who are concerned pearl-clutchers and bleeders.  It's a really bad look and self-inflicted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

Fanbase is split.  Some (including me) are out if he's hired.  Some are in the "I trust Dykes" crowd, calling those who are concerned pearl-clutchers and bleeders.  It's a really bad look and self-inflicted.

Thx for perspective.  Disappointing that Sonny is even considering hiring "tape-fingers"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 2:14 PM, LTtxfan said:

Another Riley leaving a B12 team... Shocker

inj01fuisbyyybaky2jd.jpg

Is it me or does the Broyles Award seem to be a bit of a Madden Cover/ SI Cover jinx? You have Kirby Smart who has gone on to great success. A couple of others of note, but seems to be a lot of Former… in the titles, and the guys winning them usually aren’t 70 years old. Based on this list, not sure I’m backing up the Brinks truck to hire the latest winner.

2001 Randy Shannon Miami (FL) Current co-defensive coordinator of Florida State, Former defensive coordinator at UCF, former head coach at Miami (FL), former interim head coach at Florida
2002 Norm Chow Southern California Most recently offensive coordinator of the XFL's Los Angeles Wildcats, former head coach at Hawaii
2003 Brian VanGorder Georgia Former head coach at Georgia Southern
2004 Gene Chizik Auburn Former head coach at Iowa State and Auburn
2005 Greg Davis Texas Former head coach at Tulane
2006 Bud Foster Virginia Tech Former associate head coach, linebackers coach, and defensive coordinator at Virginia Tech
2007 Jim Heacock Ohio State Former head coach at Illinois State
2008 Kevin Wilson Oklahoma Current head coach at Tulsa, former head coach at Indiana
2009 Kirby Smart Alabama Current head coach at Georgia
2010 Gus Malzahn Auburn Current head coach at UCF and former head coach at Auburn
2011 John Chavis LSU Former defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Arkansas; former defensive coordinator at Tennessee and Texas A&M
2012 Bob Diaco Notre Dame Former head coach at Connecticut
2013 Pat Narduzzi Michigan State Current head coach at Pittsburgh
2014 Tom Herman Ohio State Current head coach at Florida Atlantic, former head coach at Houston and Texas
2015 Lincoln Riley Oklahoma Current head coach at USC
2016 Brent Venables Clemson Current head coach at Oklahoma
2017 Tony Elliott Clemson Current head coach at Virginia
2018 Mike Locksley Alabama Current head coach at Maryland, former head coach at New Mexico, former interim head coach at Maryland
2019 Joe Brady LSU Former offensive coordinator of the NFL's Carolina Panthers
2020 Steve Sarkisian Alabama Current head coach at Texas, former head coach at Washington and USC, former offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Alabama
2021 Josh Gattis Michigan Current offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at Miami
2022 Garrett Riley TCU

Is it me or does the Broyles Award seem to be a bit of a Madden Cover/ SI Cover jinx? You have Kirby Smart who has gone on to great success. A couple of others of note, but seems to be a lot of Former… in the titles, and the guys winning them usually aren’t 70 years old. Based on this list, not sure I’m backing up the Brinks truck to hire the latest winner.

2001 Randy Shannon Miami (FL) Current co-defensive coordinator of Florida State, Former defensive coordinator at UCF, former head coach at Miami (FL), former interim head coach at Florida
2002 Norm Chow Southern California Most recently offensive coordinator of the XFL's Los Angeles Wildcats, former head coach at Hawaii
2006 Bud Foster Virginia Tech Former associate head coach, linebackers coach, and defensive coordinator at Virginia Tech
2008 Kevin Wilson Oklahoma Current head coach at Tulsa, former head coach at Indiana
2010 Gus Malzahn Auburn Current head coach at UCF and former head coach at Auburn
2011 John Chavis LSU Former defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Arkansas; former defensive coordinator at Tennessee and Texas A&M
2014 Tom Herman Ohio State Current head coach at Florida Atlantic, former head coach at Houston and Texas
2018 Mike Locksley Alabama Current head coach at Maryland, former head coach at New Mexico, former interim head coach at Maryland
2020 Steve Sarkisian Alabama Current head coach at Texas, former head coach at Washington and USC, former offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Alabama
2021 Josh Gattis Michigan Current offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at Miami
2022 Garrett Riley TCU

Damn, what happened to Joe Brady? He was the next big thing. And now?
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
1 hour ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

2022 Garrett Riley TCU

Damn, what happened to Joe Brady? He was the next big thing. And now?

How about the 2014 winner?

• Haha 2

First Dykes hires Kaz Kazadi (Art's juice man who was called by a mother telling him her daughter was raped and did... nothing).  Now he hires Fingertapes McRapeface.  Fuck Dykes, fuck TCU, and fuck anyone who has anything to do with them.  No one on that Baylor staff should have been allowed anywhere near a school again for the rest of their lives.   That another private religious school is clearly making the choice to look the other way in order to win is shameful.  Fortunately, FT McRapeface sucks as a coach, so getting in bed with the devil likely won't result in much.   The increased strength and speed they got in just a single season with the Kaz hire is very real, however.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

First Dykes hires Kaz Kazadi (Art's juice man who was called by a mother telling him her daughter was raped and did... nothing).  Now he hires Fingertapes McRapeface.  Fuck Dykes, fuck TCU, and fuck anyone who has anything to do with them.  No one on that Baylor staff should have been allowed anywhere near a school again for the rest of their lives.   That another private religious school is clearly making the choice to look the other way in order to win is shameful.  Fortunately, FT McRapeface sucks as a coach, so getting in bed with the devil likely won't result in much.   The increased strength and speed they got in just a single season with the Kaz hire is very real, however.

TCU long ago distanced itself from anything religious.  The only times you will even see "Texas Christian University" is when it's something legal (like a copyright).  They have gone to great pains to be only known as "TCU" and hope people forget it's officially "Texas Christian University".  

As such, I no longer consider them religious or Christian institution.  Rather, they are what they purport to be...a secular private school now.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 8:28 PM, Big Frog II said:

We are not happy about him even being considered.  

I don’t like that fucking family. Jeff Lebby and his fat little girlfriend (Kendal’s hog sister) suck too. That said you cannot deny tape fingers prowess, and he’s running a bullshit offense with a bullshit head coach and QB. He probably wants the fuck out. Pittman and Jefferson are awful. 

33 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

TCU long ago distanced itself from anything religious.  The only times you will even see "Texas Christian University" is when it's something legal (like a copyright).  They have gone to great pains to be only known as "TCU" and hope people forget it's officially "Texas Christian University".  

As such, I no longer consider them religious or Christian institution.  Rather, they are what they purport to be...a secular private school now.

I don't care if they're religious or not, shouldn't have included that.  Much like Baylor, they can get away with a lot of bullshit due to a small alumni base that largely doesn't pay attention to the athletic department beyond watching on game day.  There's no microscope on them like UT, A&M, or Tech.

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

When the whole Baylor debacle went down, many (most?) in the TCU community took great comfort in the fact that when TCU had been faced with disciplinary issues, it had promptly gotten rid of the bad actors, and not enabled systemic coverup.  We (I) were comfortable that we were different than Baylor, and if the Baylor situation had happened at TCU, we would react differently and reject the Briles family's manipulation of the Baylor culture.

The current situation is revealing that at least a great many of TCU's fanbase is no different than Baylor's.  There are a lot of folks that have voiced their strong opposition to the KB hire.  They appear to be wholly ignored by admin, and are being pilloried by some others on messageboards, calling those opposed to the KB hire "pearl clutchers" and "virtue signalers."  The blind trust in anyone bringing football success, that we found so abhorrent at Baylor, is now being exhibited in spades among a significant part of the TCU fanbase.  

It's disgusting.  And a number of us are out if KB is hired.  People love winners though, so the stands will almost certainly be full if the team wins.  Just not with me or my family.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, nnm said:

When the whole Baylor debacle went down, many (most?) in the TCU community took great comfort in the fact that when TCU had been faced with disciplinary issues, it had promptly gotten rid of the bad actors, and not enabled systemic coverup.  We (I) were comfortable that we were different than Baylor, and if the Baylor situation had happened at TCU, we would react differently and reject the Briles family's manipulation of the Baylor culture.

The current situation is revealing that at least a great many of TCU's fanbase is no different than Baylor's.  There are a lot of folks that have voiced their strong opposition to the KB hire.  They appear to be wholly ignored by admin, and are being pilloried by some others on messageboards, calling those opposed to the KB hire "pearl clutchers" and "virtue signalers."  The blind trust in anyone bringing football success, that we found so abhorrent at Baylor, is now being exhibited in spades among a significant part of the TCU fanbase.  

It's disgusting.  And a number of us are out if KB is hired.  People love winners though, so the stands will almost certainly be full if the team wins.  Just not with me or my family.  

I think every school has that group among their fanbase.  There were people here who wanted to bring Briles to Austin after the fiasco in Waco. I know a lot of Tech fans wanted to bring him back home during their ten years in the desert and were quite vocal about it.  Fortunately, administration at both schools were smart enough to ignore those voices.  However, I don't recall seeing or hearing a single TCU fan or alum say a word about Kazadi being brought over from SMU with Dykes. Most of the TCU alum I know are women, and when I asked them how they felt about a rape enabler and alleged (snort) steroid slinger on staff, who contributed significantly to their magical season, they mostly just stared at me like I was crazy.  I suspect that's because a large portion of the fanbase just doesn't pay much attention other than on game day, but it was every bit as eyebrow raising and Briles Jr.

As for the stands being full, well, the jokes kind of writes themselves there.   If the TCU athletic department continues to pull ticket shenanigans like they did with Tech this season (and like UT has done with Tech in basketball for that matter), there may never be full stands again.  Aren't enough frogs in existence who care about football enough to fill that stadium.  Between the ticket nonsense and the hires that have gone on in the last year, it's hard to believe Donati has an ethical bone in his body.

While I'm neither surprised or even disappointed that the school has made these moves, I am sad to see Sonny Dykes stoop so low.  I had a great deal of respect for his dad, and it carried over to him by proxy I suppose.  That was a mistake.

I'm very much with you, though.  If any member of Briles camp shows up on the sidelines at a school I've graduated from, I'd be out too.

Edited by Samson's Wig
Tried to fix typos. Gave up.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

When did they start doing this?  Did they demo that big brick wall on University that spells it out and on top of AGC stadium? No idea, havent been by there in 5 years or so. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

I hear you, and yes publicly they have made those moves.  The Briles camp, however, is 100% entrenched with Southern Baptists, and that is who has pushed for their careers to carry on after the fallout.  No doubt religion connections played a significant role behind the scenes in getting Dykes/Kazadi, and now Briles.  The Horseshoe Bay asswipes have been working overtime for years now to make it all happen.

Glad this questions the hire somewhat...

Steven Johnson: TCU wants to hire Kendal Briles, is he really worth the headache?

Story by Steven Johnson, Fort Worth Star-Telegram • Yesterday 1:45 PM

TCU is zeroing in on its next offensive coordinator.  Reports broke over the weekend that coach Sonny Dykes is targeting Kendal Briles to replace Garrett Riley as offensive coordinator.

A source within program made it clear over the week that no deal was finalized and that in the past 48 hours, the process has come to a standstill. Why? Because when the move was leaked it was met by fierce pushback by the TCU fanbase and from national pundits.

Multiple sources within the program indicated that Briles remains the top target, but the school is hoping some of the blowback will die down before the deal is finalized. If that’s the route TCU is taking, it begs the question: Is the move really worth it?

It takes months, sometimes years to build up goodwill. And Dykes and athletics director Jeremiah Donati built plenty in their first year together that included a national championship appearance, a completely reworked media policy and fan support from the likes of Dez Bryant and Luka Doncic.

While it takes a long time to build goodwill, you can lose it in a blink of an eye and TCU has to tread lightly as the emotions of the 65-7 blowout defeat to Georgia last Monday are still fresh and were only made worse when offensive coordinator Garrett Riley’s departed to Clemson.

Do you really want to compound that with hiring the son of a former nemesis that comes with plenty of baggage? Let’s layout why there has been so much push back against the hire.

On the surface Briles checks many of the boxes Dykes wants in his next coordinator. Deep Texas ties, familiarity with the air raid offense and he’s coached quarterbacks since 2015. But his name is Briles and that’s where the baggage starts.

Being the son of Art Briles, who led TCU’s greatest rival to its best stretch in program history and kept TCU out of the College Football Playoff in 2014, would be enough to make fans less than enthusiastic about the hire. But those are mostly juvenile feelings that come with rivalries in the sport.

That could be overlooked with a charming press conference and with an exciting offense in spring football. But what about Kendal’s involvement in the sexual assault scandal that rocked Baylor and the entire country?

Kendal’s name was not implicated and he actually kept his job at Baylor after his father was fired, but don’t mistake that as a sign of complete innocence.

According to a Title IX lawsuit filed Jan. 27, 2017, Briles, then an assistant for his father at Baylor, asked a Dallas-area recruit: “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.”

A Houston Chronicle column by Jenny Dial Creech said evidence of Briles using sex as a recruiting pitch go beyond what was stated in the lawsuit.

Dial Creech reported that three players from the Houston area who went on to other universities said that Briles told recruits female students at Baylor were very available to football players. Kendal showed little to no remorse for how the scandal played out in Waco.

Just a few months after his father was let go, Kendal ‘honored’ his father by coaching a game against Northwestern State with the initials “CAB (Coach Art Briles)“ on his hands. That doesn’t sound like remorse.

His ties to his father hasn’t stopped Kendal from landing plenty of jobs and it is worth noting that Dykes already hired a former Baylor staffer with Kaz Kazadi, as the assistant athletics director for football human performance.

Kazadi was one of the most integral staff members to TCU’s rapid turn around with multiple players praising his approach to nutrition and sports psychology. So obviously there can be value to bringing in a coach that has ties to such an ugly situation, but Kazadi was with Dykes for years at SMU before heading to Fort Worth.

There’s also a difference between hiring a strength coach and an offensive coordinator. Briles will be the most visible assistant on Dykes’ staff and that must be considered. On a campus that is almost 60% women, what type of message would that send to them and the women that support the Horned Frogs?

As for the football case for Briles, his track record is elite, but it has begun to cool off the last few years. In his lone year at Florida State, in 2019, the offense improved under his watch, but finished just 73rd in scoring offense and 61st in total offense.

Since 2020, Briles has coached at Arkansas where the offenses have been good, but not great. The Razorbacks have yet to produce a Top-25 scoring offense and Arkansas was middle of the pack in the SEC in most categories despite starting the season ranked No. 19.

Briles has still done some good things in Fayetteville, including producing one of the nation’s top running backs and molding K.J. Jefferson into one of the sport’s top dual-threat quarterbacks.

But are his offenses still producing at the level they were at Baylor, Florida Atlantic or Houston? Not quite which begs the question: Is it really worth the P.R. nightmare to bring him into the fold?

With all the interest I’m sure there is at the TCU offensive coordinator position, is Briles the best the school can do? I don’t think so, but what fans or the media thinks may not matter.

• Briles, then an assistant for his father at Baylor, asked a Dallas-area recruit: “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.”
  • A Houston Chronicle column by Jenny Dial Creech said evidence of Briles using sex as a recruiting pitch go beyond what was stated in the lawsuit.
  • Dial Creech reported that three players from the Houston area who went on to other universities said that Briles told recruits female students at Baylor were very available to football players. Kendal showed little to no remorse for how the scandal played out in Waco.

image.png

image.png

36 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

No doubt religion connections played a significant role behind the scenes in getting Dykes/Kazadi, and now Briles.  The Horseshoe Bay asswipes have been working overtime for years now to make it all happen.

Who in Horseshoe Bay is pulling strings at Tcu ??

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Who in Horseshoe Bay is pulling strings at Tcu ??

Lots of Briles' most ardent supporters live there and have been active in trying to get him and his former assistants jobs since they left Waco.  Horseshoe Bay has all kinds, like anywhere else, but it has a significant cabal of rich Baptists who love them some Briles.

• Rage+1 1

I'm out.  That obviously won't matter to the university (no communications to the university leadership were responded to), but it does to me.  I and my family can't support any of the leadership that would allow this to happen.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nnm said:

I'm out.  That obviously won't matter to the university (no communications to the university leadership were responded to), but it does to me.  I and my family can't support any of the leadership that would allow this to happen.  

Appreciate your insights on tcu and respect your criticism of hiring "tape fingers"

Info below is related to salary requirements for the "tape fingered scumbag"

Found this info in Arky article

"Briles' salary automatically increased to $1.25 million on Jan. 1, 2023, and Arkansas is believed to be working on restructuring that deal after coming to an agreement following Mississippi State's interest. If he were to leave for the OC job at TCU or any other similar non-head coaching position, Briles (TCU really) would owe the University of Arkansas $250,000 in buyout money (20% of Briles' annual salary)."

Mac Engel: Sonny Dykes hiring Kendal Briles is right decision for TCU

BY MAC ENGEL       JANUARY 18, 2023 

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

The text message read, “I really hope you rip TCU for this hire.”

Prepare the world for disappointment.

TCU has hired Coach Briles.

SicEm Frogs.

When Jamie Plunkett of Frogs Today broke the news that Kendal Briles was in discussion to replace Garrett Riley as TCU’s offensive coordinator over the weekend, the reaction was on brand when the name “Briles” is in the news.

Pearls were clutched. Pearls were crushed.

There were plenty of emails sent to TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati, and TCU chancellor’s office. Rage. Anger. Disgust. Demands that TCU head coach Sonny Dykes rescind such an offensive offer.

The thought prompted a lot TCU people to insist that their school would be better off hiring Satan as the team’s offensive coordinator.

And right after you’re done throwing your cell phone through the computer screen at this news, ask yourself, “What do I know beyond four or five paragraphs, and headlines to stories that I didn’t pursue?”

If Kendal’s last name was Jackson or Jenner, the backlash would not be this loud.

Dykes already has one member of Briles’ staff with him, strength and conditioning coach Kaz Kazadi. When Kaz was at Baylor, part of his responsibility was to handle discipline when a player messed up; that usually involved early morning running.

In Dykes’ first year at TCU, other than Garrett Riley, no assistant coach was celebrated more than Kaz.

Nothing impacts a memory like winning, or losing.

This hire works if Kendal does what he did in his previous stops, and TCU’s offense keeps scoring touchdowns.

Save for about three, maybe, four people, no one spent more time covering the Baylor fiasco more than I did. I would hire Kendal Briles.

I would also hire Art Briles.

I also don’t blame any coach, university president or AD who wants no part of the “Briles” PR headache factory. If I had been the Baylor University president in 2016, I would have fired Art, Kendal and the rest of the staff, too.

To suggest that nothing happened, and that university over-reacted to the many sexual assault accusations that besieged both the football program and the school, is not ignorant but cruel.

Many Baylor coeds were hurt, and their pleas to be acknowledged were butchered.

Also, a lot of opportunistic lawyers recognized a wounded, motivated Bear and launched at the school countless allegations, peppered with saucy headlines, knowing a fat “Go Away” check would be offered, out of court.

The sexual assault allegation fiasco that shadowed Baylor for more than a year was a university-wide issue.

But when your football team, which is often the front porch of a university, has the same problems as those in the attic, living room and kitchen, and you’re trying to sell your house, fire up the leaf blower and blow off the stoop.

Too many of the adults at Baylor pointed at the next adult to handle the accusations, and in the process the best part of Baylor - the students themselves - were damaged.

The protocols didn’t exist, or those that did were ignored. There was too much denial. Too much minimizing. Too many adults at Baylor who looked at Art Briles to handle everything when what he wanted to was coach ball.

Art ran a loose program, he took a lot of risks on some borderline players, and he should have kicked guys off the team with extreme prejudice.

He kept thinking the administration would handle it all when their priority was to just keep football rolling.

He needed to be better. He said as much.

To say he condoned rape is cruel, and a continuation of the willful ignoring of details about all of this that trickled out for years.

Kendal Briles, as outlined in previously deliberately leaked reports by Baylor, was beyond dumb when, according to a lawsuit filed in 2017, said to a potential recruit, “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.”

The truth that no one wants to acknowledge around college football is that this sort of benefit has either been implied, or said, by someone in that position for nearly 80 years.

Decade after decade, who were key parts of an athletic department’s recruiting teams? Pretty young coeds. They were called “hostesses.”

Kendal Briles made not a stupid but a fireable comment; when something like that gets out he’s going to hear it. If he’s dumb enough to still make such comments, he should be fired on the spot.

Since he left Baylor after the 2016 season, he’s worked as an assistant at Florida Atlantic, Houston, Florida State and most recently Arkansas. You haven’t heard much about him.

The same for the rest of that staff who all moved on to other gigs, but one. Art Briles is, and will remain, effectively unhireable.

Dykes has known Art Briles since the two worked together as assistants on Mike Leach’s staff at Texas Tech from 2000 to ‘02. The Dykes’ family would have known the Briles family for years.

That’s why Dykes is hiring Kendal Briles.

Sonny believes he knows the man, and this saga, better than you do.

On this one, he best be right.

While he’s at it, he might want to mix in another playoff appearance, too.

This guy's another Kunt Bowels... take a contrarian point of view for more attention and more clicks...

TCU loves them some former baylor / briles coaches:

Kendal Briles   OC - ex Baylor coach

Gillespie   DC - coached with Art Briles for 5-6 years at stephenville

Kazadi   S&C - former Baylor S&C coach for 7-8 with Art Briles at Baylor. I think he was with art at UH, too but don't quote me on that.

Calrton Buckels   cornerbacks - former Baylor cornerbacks coach (2011-2016)

Edited by redswingline
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Mac Engel: Sonny Dykes hiring Kendal Briles is right decision for TCU

BY MAC ENGEL       JANUARY 18, 2023 

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

This guy's another Kunt Bowels... take a contrarian point of view for more attention and more clicks...

I know Mac pretty well. Worked with him for a number of years. He's a friend but he's way the fuck off on this column. His main point to "exonerate" Briles and his staff is that it was the university itself that was rotten to the core, much worse than the football program. You know Saddam's sons Oday and Qusay weren't so bad compared to Saddam. Some convoluted bullshit like that. Dude, they were all pieces of shit. That some were larger than others does NOT fucking excuse the rest of them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Looks like TCU is getting the band back together.  The S&C coach, Kendal, who else?  Gross.  Enjoy that eventual trainwreck.

And when did we all forget about the hiring of Casey freakin' Horney around here?

Might as well bring in Phil Bennett and dig up Ken Starr...

• Rage+1 1