Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

On 1/19/2023 at 7:55 PM, royiv said:

Pretty interesting that TCU put out a press release on the hire at the end of the day and has made no mention of it on their social channels. Dykes hasn’t even tweeted about it. 

Tell me you know you're hiring a scumbag without telling me you know you're hiring a scumbag.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

24 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yeah, the fact that they released the hire info and the way they worded that tweet and the pic and everything else seems to point at the fact that TCU knows that they made horrible hire but tried to hide it anyway

Yeah, I know multiple TCU fans who cackled that we were villains for not firing Beard immediately.  But this is different, you see, because Kendal was never charged with a crime, and it was a long time ago, and he didn't even know about the massive coverup his dad orchestrated, etc.  

I will enjoy watching them go 5-7 next fall.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck TCU 

1. for stealing Sonny and his staff away from SMU

Mega Skull fuck TCU

1. For hiring that pos Kendal Briles

2. For Sonny being okay with it/allowing it to happen

As long as Briles is there I hope they never win another game or at least never have another winning season. 

In retrospect, especially in light of MSfTCU#2, is there some cognitive dissonance in your first complaint?

I was poking around because of news that a TCU safety commit will OV to Texas and noticed no QBs in their incoming class. According to the 247 recruiting page for TCUthe Our Lads TCU depth chart, and news of Jackson's transfer, TCU has exactly one scholarship QB expected on roster for 2023. Do they have a secret stash?

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

I was poking around because of news that a TCU safety commit will OV to Texas and noticed no QBs in their incoming class. According to the 247 recruiting page for TCUthe Our Lads TCU depth chart, and news of Jackson's transfer, TCU has exactly one scholarship QB expected on roster for 2023. Do they have a secret stash?

They will have at least two with Chandler Morris and Josh Hoover.  At least I don't think Hoover transferred. 

More support for the working hypothesis that The Broyles Award is the kiss of death:

Miami has fired Josh Gattis as offensive coordinator after one season, coach Mario Cristobal announced Friday.

When Gattis was hired a year ago from Michigan, the move was widely applauded. Gattis had just won the Broyles Award as the top assistant coach in the country after helping the Wolverines make the College Football Playoff with a balanced offensive approach.

But in his lone season in Miami, the results were not what was expected. Returning quarterback Tyler Van Dyke struggled in the new scheme even before he missed three games with a shoulder injury, throwing for 1,844 yards, 10 touchdowns and five interceptions -- a far cry from the 25 touchdowns he threw in 2021.

Miami ranked No. 86 in the nation in total offense, averaging 367.1 yards. That was down from a top-20 offense in 2021 that averaged 448.8 yards. Compounding the issues was an inability to run the ball, as the Hurricanes averaged 3.7 yards per carry.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Former Frog QB Bram Kohlhausen is in ICU in San Antonio after a horrible hunting accident. Word on the Frog boards is that he fell out of a helicopter while hog hunting and has suffered life-threatening and potentially debilitating injuries.

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Former Frog QB Bram Kohlhausen is in ICU in San Antonio after a horrible hunting accident. Word on the Frog boards is that he fell out of a helicopter while hog hunting and has suffered life-threatening and potentially debilitating injuries.

Sucks.

Just hunt them with dogs and knives like us poors.

• 3 months later...

I’m a 3rd generation TCU guy and held season tix for decades. I dropped my season tix and all financial and other support when the Briles hire was made. Massive fail on behalf of all levels of leadership at TCU. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Toads have lost 3 of last 4 games.  Terrible tackling. 

Colorado used short passing game and good skill position players for a ton of YAC.  Toads were terrible at contain on pass rush, and buffs QB was awesome on making off-script plays that really hurt toads.

Chandler Morris 2 interceptions near buffs goal line were killers plus the toads good kicker missing a FG.

Toads probably not be a bad team -- just played like shit on defense yesterday.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 5/9/2023 at 1:43 PM, C-Man said:

Had both of his feet amputated. Named honorary captain for Colorado embarrassment. 

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article278991664.html

• 4 weeks later...

Sonny Dykes is a real shithead !!!

Just giving it to the Ref on last penalty -- replay showed the penalty was correct. Dykes is always crying to Officials and has been over the top complaining tonight.

Just got an unsportsmanlike penalty for all the screaming he was doing to Ref.  😂😂😂

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Sonny Dykes is a real shithead !!!

Just giving it to the Ref on last penalty -- replay showed the penalty was correct. Dykes is always crying to Officials and has been over the top complaining tonight.

Just got an unsportsmanlike penalty for all the screaming he was doing to Ref.  😂😂😂

TCU HC Sonny Dykes talks West Virginia loss

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

TCU QB Chandler Morris (knee) likely to miss multiple games

Oct 10, 2023   ESPN STAFF

TCU quarterback Chandler Morris has a sprained MCL in his left knee and likely will miss multiple games.  Horned Frogs coach Sonny Dykes on Tuesday described the injury as a "week-to-week" issue.

It is the same injury that Morris suffered in the 2022 season opener, when he was out for about a month. By the time he was healthy enough to play again, Max Duggan already had re-established himself as the TCU starter and went on to become the Heisman Trophy runner-up after an undefeated regular season when the Frogs made it to the national championship game.

Morris got hurt in the third quarter Saturday night when TCU (3-3) lost 27-14 at Iowa State. His left leg twisted awkwardly when being tackled. He left the game right after that.

Redshirt freshman Josh Hoover replaced Morris against the Cyclones, completing 11 of 19 passes for 119 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Hoover is set to to make his first career start this weekend against BYU.

Morris has completed 131 of 191 passes (65.8%) for 1,513 yards with 12 touchdowns and five interceptions this season.

TCU QB Chandler Morris (knee) likely to miss multiple games
Oct 10, 2023   ESPN STAFF
TCU quarterback Chandler Morris has a sprained MCL in his left knee and likely will miss multiple games.  Horned Frogs coach Sonny Dykes on Tuesday described the injury as a "week-to-week" issue.
It is the same injury that Morris suffered in the 2022 season opener, when he was out for about a month. By the time he was healthy enough to play again, Max Duggan already had re-established himself as the TCU starter and went on to become the Heisman Trophy runner-up after an undefeated regular season when the Frogs made it to the national championship game.
Morris got hurt in the third quarter Saturday night when TCU (3-3) lost 27-14 at Iowa State. His left leg twisted awkwardly when being tackled. He left the game right after that.
Redshirt freshman Josh Hoover replaced Morris against the Cyclones, completing 11 of 19 passes for 119 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Hoover is set to to make his first career start this weekend against BYU.
Morris has completed 131 of 191 passes (65.8%) for 1,513 yards with 12 touchdowns and five interceptions this season.

Will he miss the Texas game?