USMNT 2021

Napoleon

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You are. You're also kind of being a bitch, but I totally understand. This feels like a loss ... and it should.

I'm actually not.  On this site, I have something like 2 skills that I'd truly defend.  If you look around, you'll find that I rarely argue with anyone unless I honestly think I know what I'm talking about.  I know soccer and teaching and I generally only speak to this with authority.    Within 20 mins, I could see the tactics were shit.  

Same shit as the gold cup, just absolutely no tactics for the final third. No service for Pefok to get on the end of.  Dike had the same problem.  If we aren’t going to play a true 9, at least have them play hold up, especially when you have CP to work off of. No bravery from the coaching, in tactics or subbing. Pepi still isn’t cap tied, and is probably rethinking his move to the USMNT. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm actually not.  On this site, I have something like 2 skills that I'd truly defend.  If you look around, you'll find that I rarely argue with anyone unless I honestly think I know what I'm talking about.  I know soccer and teaching and I generally only speak to this with authority.    Within 20 mins, I could see the tactics were shit.  

You were being really negative during the game which is generally looked down upon here regardless of the sport. Not sure anything you said was wrong - we all know you know the game. I'm seeing the same things you are and it's frustrating - but I at least try and have hope and believe in our guys until the whistle blows. 

A lot of games left to be played. Yes Berhalter is a fucking idiot but I refuse to believe we are not qualifying again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

You're moving the goalposts again.

The US isn't playing well. Nobody's disputing that. But you keep making up some bogus numbers. We're not scoring goals, but we are creating chances. There's a difference.

Bitch about the lack of goals all you want, but to contend that the US has only generated three quality chances in two matches suggests you don't know as much about soccer as you claim ... or you're just being a whiny bitch.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

The US isn't playing well. Nobody's disputing that. But you keep making up some bogus numbers. We're not scoring goals, but we are creating chances. There's a difference.

Bitch about the lack of goals all you want, but to contend that the US has only generated three quality chances in two matches suggests you don't know as much about soccer as you claim ... or you're just being a whiny bitch.

You think this team is creating chances?  I may be a whiny bitch with expectations, but you're fucking blind.

We created two big chances tonight. I would be surprised if we exceeded that against El Salvador. So check yourself before you wreck yourself. 

12B79878-9282-4E0E-B4E1-B27DFA118258.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Even if we slog through to the WC.  Imagine this crap v say a group of France, Colombia, and Nigeria.

Right. We just need experience right now though. We can can Berhalter after the WC - but we at least need to get these guys there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You were being really negative during the game which is generally looked down upon here regardless of the sport. Not sure anything you said was wrong - we all know you know the game. I'm seeing the same things you are and it's frustrating - but I at least try and have hope and believe in our guys until the whistle blows

A lot of games left to be played. Yes Berhalter is a fucking idiot but I refuse to believe we are not qualifying again. 

I can totally believe in the players.

But this coaching staff is hot garbage. They have no clue and it's going to cost us a 2nd straight WC.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You were being really negative during the game which is generally looked down upon here regardless of the sport. Not sure anything you said was wrong - we all know you know the game. I'm seeing the same things you are and it's frustrating - but I at least try and have hope and believe in our guys until the whistle blows. 

I stated earlier that I like the players - minus Lletget and Roldan.  I have absolutely no faith in the coaching, tactics, etc...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Who would make the decision to fire Gregg?  When would it need to happen? Who would replace him?

I have an awful feeling we’re stuck with him until after Qatar. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right. We just need experience right now though. We can can Berhalter after the WC - but we at least need to get these guys there. 

You guys are way too generous. The "tactics" that Beerholder is running out there - he won't make the WC.

Given what I have seen, if things don't change in a big way:

We walk out of this international break with at best 3 points. We could get 5 now, but I don't see it.

So then looking the rest of the way, we have 11 games.

Nothing tells me that Beerholder will get this team to beat Mexico at all now, 2 losses.

I have a feeling we at best drop a game to CR, 1 more loss. So now you have 3 points in 6 games, with 8 others ... That doesn't look pretty at all. It isn't a recipe for making Qatar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We created two big chances tonight. I would be surprised if we exceeded that against El Salvador. So check yourself before you wreck yourself. 

And seven chances total, per that metric. So that's seven "legit" chances in one match, which is well over three across two matches. Q.E.D.

watching Aaronson's post match interview now, and he's talking shit and bad mouthing Canada. dude needs to grow up and STFU. 

also, typical FOX, they come back from the interview and Rob Stone says, "Aaronson saying all the right things." da fuq? insulting Canada, claiming that we played better than they did, and acting as if they used some cheap tactics to sort of steal a point from us is *not* "saying all the right things." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Aren't referring to knowing two subjects -- teaching and soccer -- very well?   Skills would be more like, specific skills -- bow staff, goalkeeping, understanding teenagers... 

6 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

You guys are way too generous. The "tactics" that Beerholder is running out there - he won't make the WC.

Given what I have seen, if things don't change in a big way:

We walk out of this international break with at best 3 points. We could get 5 now, but I don't see it.

So then looking the rest of the way, we have 11 games.

Nothing tells me that Beerholder will get this team to beat Mexico at all now, 2 losses.

I have a feeling we at best drop a game to CR, 1 more loss. So now you have 3 points in 6 games, with 8 others ... That doesn't look pretty at all. It isn't a recipe for making Qatar.

My thoughts as well.  I'm getting slammed for being negative, but I've watched or attended every US game since '94.  (I still recall the crappy, non-HD feeds I got via ppv in the 90's.)  I've seen the warning signs before.  With this talent, I'd prefer to not sweat out the last 2 games or so.  

Jesus.  I sound like Derka on the basketball board.  Apologies @shadow_operative.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

chances and quality chances are not the same thing. I’m happy to walk you through how these things are calculated. 

If it's recorded as a chance, then it's legit, no? That was the standard someone else applied. But suddenly, it's shifted to "BIG" chances. Lmao. OK.

Off the top of my head, Robinson had a shot at goal that if the keeper spills, Pefok likely knocks in the rebound. That's not legit? Pulisic hits wood. That's not legit? Aaronson actually scores. So there's three by even the biggest crybaby's calculations.

We had a few against ES but scuffed them. It sucks. We're not playing well, and we're sitting on two points with 0 GD. It sucks, and Gergg deserves all the heat coming his way, but some of y'all are acting like petulant children just cuz the team hasn't met your expectations.

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Aren't referring to knowing two subjects -- teaching and soccer -- very well?   Skills would be more like, specific skills -- bow staff, goalkeeping, understanding teenagers... 

Unfortunately, I teach in elementary school.  Therefore, I give my skills a 1.5.

If it's recorded as a chance, then it's legit, no? That was the standard someone else applied. But suddenly, it's shifted to "BIG" chances. Lmao. OK.

Off the top of my head, Robinson had a shot at goal that if the keeper spills, Pefok likely knocks in the rebound. That's not legit? Pulisic hits wood. That's not legit? Aaronson actually scores. So there's three by even the biggest crybaby's calculations.

We had a few against ES but scuffed them. It sucks. We're not playing well, and we're sitting on two points with 0 GD. It sucks, and Gergg deserves all the heat coming his way, but some of y'all are acting like petulant children just cuz the team hasn't met your expectations.

Yeah.  Well as a Texas alum and Cowboy fan, I'm quick to jump on low expectations.