USMNT 2021

Napoleon

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No - it's at 9:30 [WRONG!] because Honduras is apparently in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I thought it was to the East of the central US if anything but guess I need to sharpen up on my geography. 

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They are actually an hour behind us because of DST. [CORRECT!] But it isn't as funny if you make that clarification (and 8:30 is still late).

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have a good idea where most stuff in the Americas is. I was just kidding because the start time is so late. 

This is completely normal in soccer  Brazil starts domestic matches at 10pm on a regular basis, Spain has been known to start late as well  

The start time was chosen for TV money. Starting the game AFTER the México game makes the most sense to make the most money, because TV money comes from Spanish TV, not Paramount+.

15 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Gotta do better there Sargent. 

Decent header into the middle that Pepi couldn’t a bit ago, but in general, Sargent sucks.

It takes Sargent so long to do anything on the ball, he’s worthless.

Was Bello beaten on that one? I was liking his speed and defense. Well.

HONDURAS TO COMMENCE TIME WASTING!!

Just now, thepop said:

Maybe I’ve been spoiled by watching Thomas Tuchel’s chelsea for months, but this US coach seems like he sucks. I’m assuming that’s not an unpopular opinion.

What are the chances he’s sacked if they don’t win today?

If they lose it needs to be 100%. If they tie I would say 80%. his seat needs to be extremely warm if he stays. 

Honduras isn’t parking shit. They are pressing the shit out of our back line because they know they don’t know wtf they are doing. Midfield is non-existent and not working to open any space or connect to the top. This is 11 dudes just running around  with their heads cut off. 

2 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Gergg won’t be fired. USSoccer is still scarred from how firing Juergen backfired.  He’s fired if we don’t make World Cup which is a disaster.  Or if we barely get in and flame out with 3 points or less in group play.  

world cup?

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Gdamn I want Sargent to be successful, but F's sake, how many chances does he get?

Sargent is absolute trash.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

people keep saying this but Honduras has 7 shots to US for the 3. And Honduras is capable of stringing more than 3 passes together. 

they can just play keep away in the second half to “waste time”. 

Honduras started wasting time in the 33’. One guy on the ground faking while 4 guys argue with the ref about nothing. 

We are absolutely losing tonight. 

we are the skinny high school basketball kids who can jump playing on a playground against 30-something men.

Will anyone feed Pepi as he sprints into space?

6 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Gergg won’t be fired. USSoccer is still scarred from how firing Juergen backfired.  He’s fired if we don’t make World Cup which is a disaster.  Or if we barely get in and flame out with 3 points or less in group play.  

We aren’t making the World Cup with him in charge. Not sure what keeping him after 2 points in the easy part of the schedule does. You might as well give up because you’re wasting another cycle with these guys.