USMNT 2021

Napoleon

Just now, Captain Ron said:

We aren’t making the World Cup with him in charge. Not sure what keeping him after 2 points in the easy part of the schedule does. You might as well give up because you’re wasting another cycle with these guys. 

I don’t disagree in theory.  But I don’t believe US Soccer will do anything barring Pulisic et al basically pulling a Magic on Paul Westhead (I’m old). 

• Hook 'Em 1

Starting to believe the Greg has lost the locker room talk. Not only do the look lost the look lifeless. No energy, getting beat to all the 50/50 stuff, no focus on passing.  The let’s wait for Pulisic to pull a rabbit out of his ass strategy isn’t working Greg, what else you got?

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

Starting to believe the Greg has lost the locker room talk. Not only do the look lost the look lifeless. No energy, getting beat to all the 50/50 stuff, no focus on passing.  The let’s wait for Pulisic to pull a rabbit out of his ass strategy isn’t working Greg, what else you got?

Plan B: The let’s wait for Pulisic to pull a rabbit out of his ass

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

Starting to believe the Greg has lost the locker room

He absolutely has. These guys are smart enough to know that this formation is brain dead. Adams knows he shouldn't be pigeonholed down the right side. Sargent knows he isn't super comfortable as a wing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

1000% this has happened. No way they believe in GB anymore, fuck whatever Weston did his ass needs to be out there. Also again Sargent sucks 

We have fucking Yedlin and Aarsonson on the bench. I swear I'm going to fucking strangle someone. Preferably Gerg. Lletget sucks but holy fuck he's better than Bello and Sands (Rolland too). This entire thing is embarrassing.

How fucking hard is it to just play a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with guys in their natural spots? Why the fuck would you attempt anything else? It's like he's TRYING to get fired.

Edited by ztejas

7 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I don’t disagree in theory.  But I don’t believe US Soccer will do anything barring Pulisic et al basically pulling a Magic on Paul Westhead (I’m old). 

If they let beerholder keep his job after 2 points in these three games, they are morons. It doesn’t get easier after this. These were 3 winnable games. 7 points at the least. Instead we are staring at 2 points! That’s ridiculous.

If they are scared to fire beerhoder, they either need to let their nuts hang and fire him or get some leadership that will because this is not going to get us to Qatar.

That finishing stretch that includes at Mexico and at Costa Rica makes our margin for error a lot shorter. We aren’t left with 11 games, we’re left with 8. 

Just now, Sal said:

Exactly but how is this not common sense?

Gergg loves putting guys out of position. Has Adams ever played right back? Don't follow club soccer too closely, but it's certainly not his natural position, so tossing him out there for an away WCQ is lunacy.

Sands was so-so in the Gold Cup; decent at times and a liability at others. Why have him in at the 6? What made Gergg think he was ready to start an away WCQ? Baffling.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

If they let beerholder keep his job after 2 points in these three games, they are morons. It doesn’t get easier after this. These were 3 winnable games. 7 points at the least. Instead we are staring at 2 points! That’s ridiculous.

If they are scared to fire beerhoder, they either need to let their nuts hang and fire him or get some leadership that will because this is not going to get us to Qatar.

That finishing stretch that includes at Mexico and at Costa Rica makes our margin for error a lot shorter. We aren’t left with 11 games, we’re left with 8. 

Your lips to whoever the fuck runs US Soccer’s ears.