2021 Thread of 3 Putting

Jhawk

13 hours ago, pops said:

Played a few times on the central coast of Cali this month. Sandpiper a few times (might be my favorite course in cali... and that includes pebble. It's neck and neck with spyglass) la purisma (fucking hard)  and Ojai valley inn (don't bother).  But nice to get out of the snow and hit some shots. 

Got a new 3 wood that replaced an 18 year old 904f because tgw had a glitch in their site and got an ad di shaft for no upcharge in the tsi3. First time I'd ever hit it. Holy shit. It's a cannon. At 13.5 degrees it just goes too far. Going to bump it up to 14.25 when I get home because I don't have a wrench with me. 

Too far.  I have the same problem with most of my clubs.  I've taken to smearing pudding on the face before each shot.  It's messy but so are airmails.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, huge said:

Too far.  I have the same problem with most of my clubs.  I've taken to smearing pudding on the face before each shot.  It's messy but so are airmails.

Fun fact. 15 years or so ago the unscrupulous among us would smear a thin layer of chap stick on their drivers to knock the spin down and make the ball go farther. 

Not sure if it still works with new ball construction but depending on the viscosity of your pudding and application thickness you might be messy AND over the green. You should test it out and report back. 

2 hours ago, pops said:

Fun fact. 15 years or so ago the unscrupulous among us would smear a thin layer of chap stick on their drivers to knock the spin down and make the ball go farther. 

Not sure if it still works with new ball construction but depending on the viscosity of your pudding and application thickness you might be messy AND over the green. You should test it out and report back. 

Th judges would have accepted vaseline also. Players used it for years to cut down the spin and make the ball avoid hooks or slices

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

Th judges would have accepted vaseline also. Players used it for years to cut down the spin and make the ball avoid hooks or slices

Crisco. Bardol. Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another twenty to thirty yards on your drive. Of course, if the other players are watching me close, I just put a little jalapeño inside my nose and get it running, and if I need to load the driver up a little, just wipe my nose.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Crisco. Bardol. Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another twenty to thirty yards on your drive. Of course, if the other players are watching me close, I just put a little jalapeño inside my nose and get it running, and if I need to load the driver up a little, just wipe my nose.”

I think we need a side thread on how to cheat at golf

• Like 1

oh my fucking gawd. what would you do if some rando did this on every shot. that swing...there's not enough bleach in the world to eye wash it away.

https://www.reddit.com/r/golf/comments/s9nwda/fun_times/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

seattlemike24

·6 days ago

It's 100% real and I'm the guy that had to play with him for 18 holes... I sent the video to Zire golf. He used that yardage stick on every single shot. The stick had a bunch of writing on it and had different lines for where to place the ball for every club. It was insane. And when he got to the green, he used his range finder for every putt outside of 10 feet. This was for a work trip a few years ago and that round was so brutal that I got absolutely hammered that day.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Rage+1 2

10 hours ago, crash_davis said:

oh my fucking gawd. what would you do if some rando did this on every shot. that swing...there's not enough bleach in the world to eye wash it away.

https://www.reddit.com/r/golf/comments/s9nwda/fun_times/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

seattlemike24

·6 days ago

It's 100% real and I'm the guy that had to play with him for 18 holes... I sent the video to Zire golf. He used that yardage stick on every single shot. The stick had a bunch of writing on it and had different lines for where to place the ball for every club. It was insane. And when he got to the green, he used his range finder for every putt outside of 10 feet. This was for a work trip a few years ago and that round was so brutal that I got absolutely hammered that day.

Can you play thru your own foursome?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1