Lauren Boobert - Tits and a Gun

MoJames

3 hours ago, Balcones said:

She is a casualty of having redistricting taking away a chunk of her conservative voters. CO added a seat and therefore tapped into her previous set of constituents.  

if she barely squeaks by, the redistricting "worked".. presumably the conservative voters she lost got captures in another district  race that helped a GOP candidate or got packed. (don't know the specific ins and outs - but that is the strategy - eek out wins, avoid excess GOP votes in any one district)

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Horseshoes and hand grenades. 

While the hilarity of her losing would have been great, she likely provides more long term benefit remaining in office. The trio of her, MTG, and Gaetz can't help but shine a blinding light on what the GOP has become. The old guard is powerless to stop them, even if they wanted to. Keep driving away the middle.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

While the hilarity of her losing would have been great, she likely provides more long term benefit remaining in office. The trio of her, MTG, and Gaetz can't help but shine a blinding light on what the GOP has become. The old guard is powerless to stop them, even if they wanted to. Keep driving away the middle.

Shitstains MTG, Gaetz, and Jim Jordan all won by 30+ points.

10 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Shitstains MTG, Gaetz, and Jim Jordan all won by 30+ points.

Their districts are shit. But they have no desire to govern their districts. They just want to shit post, spread conspiracies, and scream at the president during speeches. Douchebags like them are a huge part of why a red wave never materialized. They purposely position themselves as the vocal face of their party.

Edited by aggie08

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Redistricting for me, gerrymandering for thee.  

Would you like me to list the states that require approval from bipartisanship redistricting committees and the states that don't? You'll get your red wave after all.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Redistricting for me, gerrymandering for thee.  

So are you pro gerrymandering? As it's name suggests, it has been a problem since the founding of the country. When I bring it up, it always seems to trigger dishonest whataboutism rather than actual discussion.

Unfortunately the stakes are so high we will probably never get rid of it entirely. I wish some of its worst nonsense could be curtailed though.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

So are you pro gerrymandering? As it's name suggests, it has been a problem since the founding of the country. When I bring it up, it always seems to trigger dishonest whataboutism rather than actual discussion.

Unfortunately the stakes are so high we will probably never get rid of it entirely. I wish some of its worst nonsense could be curtailed though.

that would require something uber radical like a Voting Right Acts. we can't have such nonsense in this country

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Balcones said:

She is a casualty of having redistricting taking away a chunk of her conservative voters. CO added a seat and therefore tapped into her previous set of constituents.  

This isn’t as surprising as you are making it seem. 

Also, the new district was created borders her district and district 4, and her district shares a lot of border with 4. The R in 4 got over 60%.  

I think it’s her being unpopular more than it is the new district borders. 

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Of course not. I just think it’s funny when and where which term is used.  As aggy pointed out, there’s a few places where it’s “bipartisan”, or called such anyhow.  But grid the whole place up for all I care. Four corners emanating from the center of each major metro would be better than what we have now. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

In the year of our Lord 2022, we can feed a machine a map of our state and the total population and tell it to draw U.S. congressional districts. And by feeding it the right additional criteria, it will do it better and more equitably that any group of people. 

Thank you.  I have been ruminating on how to say exactly this, and you did so more succinctly than anything I was coming up with.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

In the year of our Lord 2022, we can feed a machine a map of our state and the total population and tell it to draw U.S. congressional districts. And by feeding it the right additional criteria, it will do it better and more equitably than any group of people. 

It's the same software they use to build their gerrymanders. Just tell it to make every district no more than +2 in either direction. 

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

In a perfect world, partisan gerrymandering would be disallowed and districts would be drawn by computer.

As the deep red states will not adopt bipartisan committees or eliminate their gerrymanders, the blue states need to eliminate their bipartisan committees and constitutional amendments disallowing partisan gerrymanders.

You play to win the game.

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Picking your own voters didn’t work out so well for congressional Democrats in NY. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Picking your own voters didn’t work out so well for congressional Democrats in NY. 

New York happened because of their 2014 reforms to create a bipartisan commission and a provision disallowing partisan gerrymandering. They ended up with a court drawn map which created competitive districts. If they stuck with picking their own voters, the Ds would control the House.

You play to win the game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

So I’m sure if Boobert wins, this close call will make her more introspective about her divisive viewpoints and support of the Big Lie and…….

ha ha ha ha ha ha sorry I couldn’t finish the sentence. Who am I kidding, she’ll go all-in on the “Democrats tried to steal this election” ass-hattery.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Left Coast said:

So I’m sure if Boobert wins, this close call will make her more introspective about her divisive viewpoints and support of the Big Lie and…….

ha ha ha ha ha ha sorry I couldn’t finish the sentence. Who am I kidding, she’ll go all-in on the “Democrats tried to steal this election” ass-hattery.

donald-glover-good.gif

donald-glover-good.gif

Yep. Keep it up. Don’t let the party of lies, treason, and fascism have a glimmer of a chance to convince people it’s anything but that. Because it’s not. That’s all it is. They may try to dress it up in polite language again, but they’ve told us what they are, VERY loudly. So let’s cheer for someone wearing their badge who will remind everyone about that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The worst inflation in 40 years and didn’t put a fucking dent in the numbers because we have the lowest unemployment at the same time. This was the only issue about our “economy” and they got bounced. They were so certain that inflation was going to be the downfall.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The worst inflation in 40 years and didn’t put a fucking dent in the numbers because we have the lowest unemployment at the same time. This was the only issue about our “economy” and they got bounced. They were so certain that inflation was going to be the downfall.

Highest corporate profits in 70 years during this 40 year inflationary high may not have gone unnoticed by many voters.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, yoladu said:

wouldn't an election that is decided by a mere 550 votes (where 327,000 people voted) trigger a recount?

I am not saying one should be a dick about it. If you lose, you lose. But curious.

I believe the recount is a foregone conclusion.

And, as all recounts go, it won't lead to a different result.

• Hook 'Em 2