Lauren Boobert - Tits and a Gun

MoJames

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

In what ways has Joe Biden failed to handle the pandemic as well as possible?

It depends on your metric of success. More people have died of Covid under Biden than Trump and that’s with a vaccine.  I know there are reasonable explanations for that, Trump, stupidity, disinformation but the fact remains the same.

Biden’s pandemic focus has been more on the economy than stopping the virus IMO.  The Democratic talking point when Trump was in office was, “we can’t fix the economy until we stop virus.”  Well Biden basically did a “mission accomplished” in the summer and has moved on.  No more stimulus money, no more halt on student loan payments, no more unemployment benefits, no more eviction moratorium.  Meanwhile 1000+ Americans are dying of Covid per day, right now... seems kinda bad I dunno. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

It's much older than that- this is just the latest incarnation. Hell, I'm old enough to remember the Satanic Panic of the early 80's, and all of the "stranger danger" worries (when the overwhelming majority of child abductions are facilitated by a family member or family friend).

Sounds like what someone from Proctor and Gamble would say.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It depends on your metric of success. More people have died of Covid under Biden than Trump and that’s with a vaccine.  I know there are reasonable explanations for that, Trump, stupidity, disinformation but the fact remains the same.

Biden’s pandemic focus has been more on the economy than stopping the virus IMO.  The Democratic talking point when Trump was in office was, “we can’t fix the economy until we stop virus.”  Well Biden basically did a “mission accomplished” in the summer and has moved on.  No more stimulus money, no more halt on student loan payments, no more unemployment benefits, no more eviction moratorium.  Meanwhile 1000+ Americans are dying of Covid per day, right now... seems kinda bad I dunno. 

Isn’t the % of deaths being unvaccinated well north of 95% since the vaccine has been readily available?  Didn’t Biden mandate vaccines up to, and beyond depending on the courts, his legal ability?  What cards does he have left to play to get vaccination rates higher?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Well looks like as was the case with geography, Lauren’s only recent grasp of English grammar has caused her some issues.  You’d think cramming for the GED two years ago, those rules on nouns/pronouns would be fresh in her head.  

I’d tweet to her and encourage her to read “strunk and white”…but she’d just misread the title and retweet, “Hell yeah, I’m strapped and white!”

On 12/13/2021 at 10:51 AM, BHMCruiser said:

Who are "my people"?

Swalwell - Cawthorn is a liar: https://www.businessinsider.com/eric-swalwell-mocks-madison-cawthorn-lying-about-getting-into-the-naval-academy-2021-10

Schumer - Trump is a liar: 

AOC - Yoho is a liar:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/politics/aoc-ted-yoho-latest/index.html

Ilhan Omar: McCarthy is a "liar and a coward":

https://www.businessinsider.com/omar-mccarthy-liar-coward-gop-condones-bigotry-2021-12

Need I go on? I don't need to list the Republicans saying the same thing because we all know they do. The parties are constantly calling the other side liars.

Democrats - telling the truth

Republicans - liars

BTW, thanks for posting so many times in this thread.  I don't have to go looking for you.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This guy sounds like my BIL.  No actual understanding of how it works, but just blame the Libs.

Or my qanon in-law who is living off of her parents' generosity (thanks to her step-mom wanting to be her friend) and hasn't worked in a few years, and was bitching about having to pay oh so much more for gas.  

Bitch has never made a budget in her life, doesn't track or even keep receipts for a single fucking thing she buys, and never has.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or my qanon in-law who is living off of her parents' generosity (thanks to her step-mom wanting to be her friend) and hasn't worked in a few years, and was bitching about having to pay oh so much more for gas.  

Bitch has never made a budget in her life, doesn't track or even keep receipts for a single fucking thing she buys, and never has.

Crazy to me how many people on this site have something like this in their families.  

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This sounds like a “you can lead a horse to water…” type of situation

3 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

This sounds like a “you can lead a horse to water…” type of situation

And when he bends over to drink it, shove ivermectin up his ass?  Of course, wouldn't you rather take the trainer's word for it?  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Well, Ds didn’t trash the peaceful transfer of power or fellate the pos responsible. Wipe your chin before you talk, for pity’s sake.

I seem to remember that happened after the election. I do not hold Trump blameless for what he did (nor do I hold many of the Republicans involved blameless). My biggest regret is that more of the rioters were not shot. You can't just storm the Capitol building. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

My biggest regret is that more of the rioters were not shot. You can't just storm the Capitol building. 

That's about the first thing you've said in here that I agree with.

If you breach the temp barriers, the gas should come out.  Rubber bullets if you start going up the steps.  And real bullets for anyone who enters the building.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

I seem to remember that happened after the election. I do not hold Trump blameless for what he did (nor do I hold many of the Republicans involved blameless). My biggest regret is that more of the rioters were not shot. You can't just storm the Capitol building. 

You do know Trump was President on 1/6/2021, don't you?

Sucks to hear you guys temporarily spending 15 dollars more for gas or learning for the first time what your wife pays for groceries. Not sure how you live, but you patriots always come out on top and you’re in my thoughts and prayers that I say each night. I’m sure you all will manage based on your grit, courage and refusal to never be a victim of circumstance. 

I like Pueblo Colorado, to make this related.

Edited by StassneyHorn

4 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

I thought I got flamed for voting for Trump. Voting for Trump is not the same thing as endorsing his behavior after the election. 

Ah, I get it.  You were blindsided by the "rigged vote" rhetoric following the election.  Came out of nowhere.  Million to one odds.  Gotcha.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

I thought I got flamed for voting for Trump. Voting for Trump is not the same thing as endorsing his behavior after the election. 

Well it’s not like trump gave zero indication before the election of the depths he was willing to sink to in order to advance his own personal interest at the expense of the country. It’s why he got impeached the first time.

Therefore anyone who voted for him in 2020, like you, is complicit in what he did. 

I’ll admit I didn’t seem him launching a violent attack on the capitol though. I shouldn’t have been surprised but I was. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Would you vote for him again if he is the nominee in 2024?  Because if the answer is yes, you do endorse his behavior.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know a lot of people think Trump isn't really running again in 2024.  He's just saying he is because he likes the attention and adoration it brings him.  And it's a helluva easy way to make a couple hundred million in the meantime doing no real work. 

Can't say I blame him if he actually goes through with it.  He's looking at the GOP "bench" right now and thinking what an incompetent sycophants they all are.  Look at Boebert.  Probably the stupidest human to ever serve in the U.S. House of Reps (and yes, I'm including Corrine Brown).  And instead of shutting her down or brushing her aside, the GOP elevates her to ring leader because it humors the Donald. 

I know most of y'all think every Republican is an evil moron, but there are some smart folks in that party still.  But nobody can make a move on 2024 because they can't be seen upsetting the Donald.  Midterm elections aside, as the modern GOP continues to implode...it's looking more and more likely like Trump strings MAGA nation along until Winter of 2024, just before primary season begins.  He won't endorse anybody because that's beneath him.  He can endorse people running for lower office, but he can't bring himself to do that for an office he cravenly desired.  So he'll keep everybody frozen with inaction.  if the tea leaves don't look like they'll go his way, he'll bow out ungraciously.  And the party will have to hastily move to a backup plan with very little infrastructure and no fundraising momentum against an incumbent ticket.  That's hard to do.  Also difficult is that candidate has to still embrace MAGA voters while still looking like their own person, their own identity, their own narrative.  Only person Trump would endorse would be one of his children.  Which isn't that bad of an option, not like Dad will be pulling policy strings behind the curtain.  He's too incompetent.  And plus, it's incredibly easy to end Donald, Jr.'s presidency what with all the fentanyl in coke lately.  

So the last wild card to me would be somebody like a crazy Boebert.  Somebody who appeals to the worst of the GOP, but it is literally too stupid to know she'd be fucking herself by open announcing before the Donald had made up his mind.  If she wins reelection in 2022, I could see her launching a campaign in mid-2023.  

Sen. Cruz, "Living in Houston, I am a regular passenger on United.  I fly it all the time, I have over a million miles on United."

Somebody missed a huge chance there to say, "Yes, we thank you for frequently choosing United's non-stop service from Houston to Cancun."  

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

is this a serious post? I mean there is plenty to be mad about from the Dinosaur Dems, but unless you want them shoving vaccines up unwilling asses as the next phase I would lower this critique a bit and put it in some better places. unless of course you were joking?

you homies be cool now. I am loving this No Nuke Friday. Going to the beach this afternoon. Beautiful day. Going to setup nicely for No Car Saturday too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, staboner said:

is this a serious post? I mean there is plenty to be mad about from the Dinosaur Dems, but unless you want them shoving vaccines up unwilling asses as the next phase I would lower this critique a bit and put it in some better places. unless of course you were joking?

you homies be cool now. I am loving this No Nuke Friday. Going to the beach this afternoon. Beautiful day. Going to setup nicely for No Car Saturday too. 

It's summer time here too.  High of 81 tomorrow!  WTF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1