Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

If I were a judge and had any discretion in sentencing these goobs, I'd have a punishment adjustment scale based on the level of cosplay.

EG, basic jeans, jacket, ballcap, Oakleys and goatee? You get the base-line sentence for what you did. 

Helmet, bulletproof vest, various little Look At Mah Service patches? You get an add-on for each item. (I'd probably decide that all in advance and write it on a note card so I could be hard, but fair.)

Fur hat, horns, spear, or similar, but didn't try to kill anybody?: for the first time since Reagan, we're gonna try to get you some mental health help, in an institutionalized setting.

I think you miss the boat on originality, and artistic interpretation. You should get points for a costume, horns, fur, indian garb, and what not.   Three guys doing the 1776 drum, fife, and flag bit get immediate probation....

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

If I were a judge and had any discretion in sentencing these goobs, I'd have a punishment adjustment scale based on the level of cosplay.

EG, basic jeans, jacket, ballcap, Oakleys and goatee? You get the base-line sentence for what you did. 

Helmet, bulletproof vest, various little Look At Mah Service patches? You get an add-on for each item. (I'd probably decide that all in advance and write it on a note card so I could be hard, but fair.)

Fur hat, horns, spear, or similar, but didn't try to kill anybody?: for the first time since Reagan, we're gonna try to get you some mental health help, in an institutionalized setting.

in other words, the Flair Doctrine.

i'll allow it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Trump is going to shut down social media as well as att and Verizon in the next 24-36 hours and then will begin making arrests. May or may not shut down power grid to certain cities. 

If he tries that, which I doubt, that will last about 35 minutes before the courts shut him down along with the rest of the powers that be.

If they wanted to really fuck with some of these guys, pot is still federally illegal and smoking it the capitol could dump another 8 yrs on their sentences.  Probably not a battle they want to fight for several reasons, but this shit was just maximum stupid and the entire world will judge us by our response 

11 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

thats not good for those people. The gov. are going to fuck with your whole world. Even if it turns out you didn’t do something that will result in formal charges, it’s going to drain you of every penny you and your family are able to beg, borrow or steal. 

The funniest thing about white privilege is when it gets removed. These idiots who think they're being oppressed are about to understand what it's like being on the outside looking in.  You know these fuckers cheered Trump when he threw up travel bans from "shit hole" countries.  Well, assholes, you're being singled out because of your actions, not your religion, nationality or race.  How does it feel to be stranded at the airport?  At least they can rent a car. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The funniest thing about white privilege is when it gets removed. These idiots who think they're being oppressed are about to understand what it's like being on the outside looking in.  You know these fuckers cheered Trump when he threw up travel bans from "shit hole" countries.  Well, assholes, you're being singled out because of your actions, not your religion, nationality or race.  How does it feel to be stranded at the airport?  At least they can rent a car. 

Yup. 
well, I would hope they would have trouble renting vans or Ryder Trucks

44 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That's kind of interesting because I don't recall seeing any video or photos of him doing anything unlawful other than being inside the capitol building. 

I assume that many of these people are going to defend by asserting that they were "admitted" by Capitol Police.  That obviously isn't going to work for those shown breaking windows or barging past security.  Maybe there are signs or something (Congress in session:  no admittance without authorization).

I guess they could be charging anyone they can identify on the premises (as opposed to outside) and letting them defend their presence however they can.  That seems pretty appropriate because the ride may be as much punishment as the time.

4 hours ago, TexasEd said:

This was a violent insurrection with loss of life.  They should lose 2nd Amendment rights due to the nature of the crime.

they should all hang in front of the capitol. that takes care of their 2nd, no fly lists and everything else 

• Hook 'Em 3