Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh....you think that Asians can't be racist AF.  How adorable.  I know a fair number of Vietnamese who are pretty damned racist, particularly against black folks but also against hispanics.

Of course, the irony is that among asians (as I understand it), Vietnamese are often treated as "bottom rung."  @Pescado_Rojo has an anecdote about fishing with a friend of Japanese extraction, and as they were discussing various asian foods or somesuch, PR mentioned the Vietnamese, and his friend spat "psssh.  Vietnamese -- asian n---ers."

Traveling and getting a taste of racism/chauvinism among other cultures is eye opening for how damn stupid racism is. It’s like the elaborate hierarchy that Russians have for post-Soviet nationalities. 

For the record, it goes:

Russian, Baltic nationalities, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Moldovan/Romanian, Georgian*, Armenian, Azeri, Kazakh, Uzbek, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Roma, Muslim Roma.

*This order changes post 2008 depending on who you talk to.

** Jews are also first or last, depending on who you talk to and their mood. 

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Traveling and getting a taste of racism/chauvinism among other cultures is eye opening for how damn stupid racism is. It’s like the elaborate hierarchy that Russians have for post-Soviet nationalities. 

For the record, it goes:

Russian, Baltic nationalities, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Moldovan/Romanian, Georgian*, Armenian, Azeri, Kazakh, Uzbek, Kyrgyz, Tajik, Roma, Muslim Roma.

Hispanics/Latin Americans have the same thing.  Woe be unto you, Salvadorans and Guatemalans.  

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hispanics/Latin Americans have the same thing.  Woe be unto you, Salvadorans and Guatemalans.  

Holy shit, the way Costa Ricans view Nicaraguans.  That shit will keep you up at night.  I think the only reason Costa Rica doesn't have a standing army anymore is because they know they'd use it commit ethnic genocide against Nicaragua.  I've never seen two neighbors so at odds with one another and my great grandfather killed Poles for a living.  

Also...Peter Stager...reach out when you can...I'd like to put $10 in your federal prison canteen account.  The fellow officers of the man you beat...they're gonna ask their friends in corrections to do them a solid.  They're gonna have some "inmates of color" do a number on you when the guards are conveniently not looking.  You may have committed the most visible crime against a police officer in recent memory, and with an American Flag no less.  They're going to be brutally beating you over and over again, but letting the infirmary make you whole again, only to beat the fuck out of you again and again.  Different police departments are going to take turns calling in favors to inmates to nearly kill you, revitalize you, and then nearly kill you again.  Your life is now a yo-yo of "mostly dead."  I'd like to buy you an ice cream sandwich and a magazine so you have one more nice day in life before you begin living a ten year perpetual self-holocaust.  I hope you have God in your heart, because you're about the be the loneliest soul in this country.  The suffering that awaits you cannot be measured.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Holy shit, the way Costa Ricans view Nicaraguans.  That shit will keep you up at night.  I think the only reason Costa Rica doesn't have a standing army anymore is because they know they'd use it commit ethnic genocide against Nicaragua.  I've never seen two neighbors so at odds with one another and my great grandfather killed Poles for a living.  

Croats and Serbs laugh at your petty conflict conflicts from their mountain. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I had a Laotion girl in my classes recently (Laotion from Ft Worth), and she was just freaking gorgeous.

It rubs the Laotian on its skin or it gets the Beau again. 

Guatemalans uber alles.  I have never met one that was not just an absolutely wonderful person.

Have a friend whose ass was saved by some Salvadorans in Najaf Province in a fire fight and he will tell you they are the bravest, noblest people on earth.

That story is what utterly convinced me that the GWOT and coalition of the willing was completely bankrupt. As glad as I am that the Salvadoran commandos helped him out, WTF were those guys from a desperately poor country doing fighting our war in gotdamn Najaf Province? And then we elected a POTUS whose entire platform was basically a middle finger to El Salvador.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Football Board coach threads have metastasized. 

Please stop with the derail. Please don't start posting pictures of Laotion girls and Vietnamese girls and arguing the relative merits. Also, doing so in spite of my plea isn't really funny either. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

...the elaborate hierarchy that Russians have for post-Soviet nationalities. 
For the record, it goes:

Kazakhstan #1 and we know where they rank Jews

Edited by TexasEd

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Greece and Turkey

Pakistan and India

Iraq and Iran

Texas and OU

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Also...Peter Stager...reach out when you can...I'd like to put $10 in your federal prison canteen account.  The fellow officers of the man you beat...they're gonna ask their friends in corrections to do them a solid.  They're gonna have some "inmates of color" do a number on you when the guards are conveniently not looking.  You may have committed the most visible crime against a police officer in recent memory, and with an American Flag no less.  They're going to be brutally beating you over and over again, but letting the infirmary make you whole again, only to beat the fuck out of you again and again.  Different police departments are going to take turns calling in favors to inmates to nearly kill you, revitalize you, and then nearly kill you again.  Your life is now a yo-yo of "mostly dead."  I'd like to buy you an ice cream sandwich and a magazine so you have one more nice day in life before you begin living a ten year perpetual self-holocaust.  I hope you have God in your heart, because you're about the be the loneliest soul in this country.  The suffering that awaits you cannot be measured.  

Last season of Sons of Anarchy style.

Edited by conVINCEd

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Please stop with the derail. Please don't start posting pictures of Laotion girls and Vietnamese girls and arguing the relative merits. Also, doing so in spite of my plea isn't really funny either. 

What if we identify them as Trump rioters and insurrectionists?  Your strict rules are bogus, man.  And that's un-American.

63955fd1ae78e99ba3d0cbe904469ab0.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Man, I really didn't know it took that right-angled turn toward the the south like that. Tip 'o the Hat to your geographical knowledge.

Believe me, I came by that knowledge randomly.

Delaware: It's got three counties. It's like an HO-scale train-set mock-up of the East Coast. From north to south, you've got Wilmington standing in for the Philly-NYC-Boston megacity. In the middle is the little DC of Dover. The last county south is like some 1920s rural Deep South.

And the Appalachian Mountains? That's the rise of high ground along the Maryland border.

Just now, TexasEd said:

Greece and Turkey

Pakistan and India

Iraq and Iran

Texas and OU

Yeah, but there's also serious religious differences there as well as vast differences in geography.  Costa Rica and Nicaragua share almost every single cultural, ethic, lingual, and religious trait.  Yet they fucking hate each other.  This isn't like Hindu v. Islam.  They just need somebody to fuck with so they picked each other because Panama was busy.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, but there's also serious religious differences there as well as vast differences in geography.  Costa Rica and Nicaragua share almost every single cultural, ethic, lingual, and religious trait.  Yet they fucking hate each other.  This isn't like Hindu v. Islam.  They just need somebody to fuck with so they picked each other because Panama was busy.  

Modern Iraq and Iran is basically Methodists vs Presbyterians.  Yeah that shit goes back to the time of Babylon but still. 

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

So...to get this Trump train of traitors back on track, which federal facilities do y'all think most of these terrorists get sent to? Do they go to the one closest to their home address or sent off to the gulag in a place like Canon City, CO? 

https://www.bop.gov/locations/map.jsp

Edited by bolverk

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

bolverk, it's funny because he spelled it "Laotion".  C'mon, the Republic is ending soon...have a laugh. 

I learned two things in France:

1. The prissy French are mostly American Froggy-read-a-book wannabees because the actual French guzzle wine, beer, booze, and eat glorified hot dogs and french fries, and

2. You can always set up another Republic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Argh, this really irks me. But I find it a bit amusing at some of y'all shocked or somehow exposing how racist Asians can be. No shit, we're still human. What? Some of us don't play into your expectations of how Asians are supposed to act?

True.  But I think Asian racism is a little extra because they have all been at war with one another at one time or another and committed atrocities against each other.  So it goes a bit beyond the human-nature discrimination against "other."

I think the "Indochinese" get the bottom rung because by and large, they were always conquered and never really held the upper hand except as between each other.

Also, I think Americans have a habit of believing they are the only or the worst racists in the world.  Partly because of our own parochialism and partly because there's an element that has told us we are the worst about it.  And, of course, slavery.

I think part of the key to overcoming it is to acknowledge that while it is a deep and serious moral failing, it is also a very human one.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Argh, this really irks me. But I find it a bit amusing at some of y'all shocked or somehow exposing how racist Asians can be. No shit, we're still human. What? Some of us don't play into your expectations of how Asians are supposed to act?

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

True.  But I think Asian racism is a little extra because they have all been at war with one another at one time or another and committed atrocities against each other.  So it goes a bit beyond the human-nature discrimination against "other."

I think the "Indochinese" get the bottom rung because by and large, they were always conquered and never really held the upper hand except as between each other.

Also, I think Americans have a habit of believing they are the only or the worst racists in the world.  Partly because of our own parochialism and partly because there's an element that has told us we are the worst about it.  And, of course, slavery.

I think part of the key to overcoming it is to acknowledge that while it is a deep and serious moral failing, it is also a very human one.

fucking japanese and koreans man.  good christ almighty, that shit almost got me killed.

most beautiful woman i ever dated was a half japanese, half lebanese 5'11 woman who looked hispanic-ish that i met at while at ut.  the genetic fuckery that was at play there made my mind so twisted up it was hard to function but she was truly something.  anyway, she had a very refined way about her and we got along really well but one single time, we were hanging out and boozing with some friends of mine including a guy who was korean and after finding out she was part japenese, ribbed her a little bit.

i'm still amazed that i lived through that night.  never again.  not once.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bolverk said:

So...to get this Trump train of traitors back on track, which federal facilities do y'all think most of these terrorists get sent to? Do they go to the one closest to their home address or sent off to the gulag in a place like Canon City, CO? 

https://www.bop.gov/locations/map.jsp

crossed fingers that a few of the organizers get a new address at Gitmo

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, sidis said:

most beautiful woman i ever dated was a half japanese, half lebanese 5'11 woman

OK so I got out the map, and half-way between Lebanon and Japan is the Tarim Basin. As in, you got you a Uigher Woman there. Not a factory model Uigher Woman, more like a home-build using various parts. And apparently with basketball star potential. Or model. Big-bucks-earning beautiful home-made Uigher Woman who was ready to fall in Uigher Woman love with you and all you had to do was punch one, I say ONE, of your friends.

And you were just too damn civilized to do it.

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

For the record, it goes:

Everyone hates the fucking gypsies. Even the Irish.