Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

limage.thumb.jpeg.32fcf0563c88ff904264584d43dcf25f.jpeg

Man who swung from Senate balcony on January 6 pleads guilty and agrees to cooperate

Josiah Colt, the man photographed swinging from a balcony inside the Senate chamber on January 6, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one felony charge of obstruction. In pleading guilty, Colt also agreed to cooperate with prosecutors. 

That's a potentially significant development for the cases of riot suspects Ronald Sandlin and Nathan DeGrave, who prosecutors described Wednesday as Colt's co-conspirators, although the men have been charged separately. Sandlin and DeGrave have both pleaded not guilty.

None of the three have been charged with having weapons at the January 6 Capitol riot, but prosecutors have said in various court filings that the men drove with a cache of weapons and ammunition to D.C., and described how the trio breached the Capitol in an effort to disrupt the certification of the presidential election.

A judge said Wednesday that in exchange for his guilty plea and promise to cooperate, Colt will face a recommended sentencing range of 51 months to 63 months — about 4 to 5 years — and a fine of anywhere from $20,000 to $200,000. Colt also agreed to pay $1,000 in restitution.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/january-6-capitol-riot-josiah-colt-senate-chamber-guilty-plea/?__twitter_impression=true#

Well, alright!

Edited by Willfully Horn
Link
  • Like 3

Say what you will about the traitorous bastard, his extreme parkour is something to be admired.  Most of his friends are dicking around on park benches and lamp posts.......this guy's freestylin' off the Senate Gallery wall.  

57 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Say what you will about the traitorous bastard, his extreme parkour is something to be admired.  Most of his friends are dicking around on park benches and lamp posts.......this guy's freestylin' off the Senate Gallery wall.  

Funny that I was thinking the same thing. If I was in upper gallery and someone told me to get onto the lower level, I can't imagine trying to climb down in that manner.

5 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

I was expecting it to say three months or something. I was pleasantly surprised. 

Has he even been sentenced? I see the recommended sentencing range, but is it mandatory for the judge to sentence within that range or can they significantly reduce the sentence at their discretion?

The level of disgust I have for a dipshit like the one in that Twitter video above is right there with people who said 9/11 was an inside job.  I don't know how they find people willing to deny the obvious but clearly it's not that difficult 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

On 7/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, Willfully Horn said:

limage.thumb.jpeg.32fcf0563c88ff904264584d43dcf25f.jpeg

Man who swung from Senate balcony on January 6 pleads guilty and agrees to cooperate

Josiah Colt, the man photographed swinging from a balcony inside the Senate chamber on January 6, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one felony charge of obstruction. In pleading guilty, Colt also agreed to cooperate with prosecutors. 

That's a potentially significant development for the cases of riot suspects Ronald Sandlin and Nathan DeGrave, who prosecutors described Wednesday as Colt's co-conspirators, although the men have been charged separately. Sandlin and DeGrave have both pleaded not guilty.

None of the three have been charged with having weapons at the January 6 Capitol riot, but prosecutors have said in various court filings that the men drove with a cache of weapons and ammunition to D.C., and described how the trio breached the Capitol in an effort to disrupt the certification of the presidential election.

A judge said Wednesday that in exchange for his guilty plea and promise to cooperate, Colt will face a recommended sentencing range of 51 months to 63 months — about 4 to 5 years — and a fine of anywhere from $20,000 to $200,000. Colt also agreed to pay $1,000 in restitution.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/january-6-capitol-riot-josiah-colt-senate-chamber-guilty-plea/?__twitter_impression=true#

Well, alright!

Be interesting to see why this guy is in the 4-5 year range while the other guy was in the 2-year range.

Because the judges gave his dismount a better score.  Do you even summer olympics, bro?  

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

no wonder gladiators were so bad ass !!!!

JORTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Jortus Surrealius, please use his proper title.