Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

In the interest of full disclosure he was arrested shortly after Jan. 6 and after pleading guilty,

Andrew James Williams was arrested days after the Jan. 6, 2021, attempt to prevent Congress from certifying the results of the 2020 presidential election. During a hearing Wednesday, Williams was sentenced with probation and ordered to pay $500 restitution and a $10 special assessment fee. He was also ordered to complete 60 hours of community service in 12 months.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2022/02/09/sanford-firefighter-who-pleaded-guilty-for-role-in-capitol-riot-to-be-sentenced/

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Got 2 years 

So fucking weak.  Fucker brought zip ties to the Capitol and and a written task list.  Deserved a bullet, but I would have been good with 10 years.  At this point, he's close to time served.

• Rage+1 7

6 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Just a tour.  They actually put this in writing:

THAT's how you prove corrupt intent to obstruct a proceeding.  Most of these shitbags seem to have an internal Stringer Bell telling them not to.  Or, more likely, they're too disorganized in their thinking and illiterate to write anything like that.

It is only a five-year felony, but that's pretty disappointing. Here's how the sentencing went and what the judge (W appointee) said:

An initial sentencing guidelines calculation by the federal probation office determined that Brock should face a sentencing range of 57 to 71 months, and prosecutors recommended the judge impose a 60-month term. (given that 18 USC 1505 is a five year maximum and the most serious crime of conviction, probation was barking at the moon, five years was the realistic max).

But the guidelines calculation included an eight-level increase for causing or threatening to cause physical or property damage. Bates ruled that the increase was inappropriate because Brock hadn’t harmed anyone or damaged any property himself. The judge lowered the sentencing range to 24 to 30 months. Ayers-Perez still asked for a 60-month sentence. (that actually seems fair).

Now came the time for Brock to speak to the judge. He declined. Burnham said Brock was still considering an appeal of his conviction.

The judge said he would typically consider a sentence at the low end of the guidelines’ range in such a case. Then with Brock’s military service, lack of criminal history and his attempts to stop some rioters from causing further damage, “that would lead me to vary downward from the guidelines. But we have to take into account the rhetoric,” the judge said, reading off page after page of Brock’s angry Facebook posts.

“I think it’s especially reprehensible and quite frankly unbelievable coming from a senior military officer,” the judge said. “It’s detailed, it’s consistent, it’s both astounding and atrocious. And we have no acceptance of responsibility and no showing of remorse whatsoever. Zero.”

On the one hand, I'm glad this judge tends to the bottom of ranges and would have considered a downward departure from the range.  More judges should.  But I think this sumbitch needed the upper end of the range.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I always carry plastic handcuffs on every tour I go on

Amen, because you never know when the roadies or the groupies (or both) are going to get out of hand and need to be taught a lesson or two.

Wait, we're talking about different tours aren't we...

Emotion Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Somebody took photos of an insurrectionist being beaten in prison.  Not sure how they got a camera in there, but they are known to have cell phone contraband from time to time.  And then somebody maybe or maybe not passed that digital image on to somebody on this website to print out and mail to the spouses of other insurrectionists who have yet to be jailed.  Seems fucked up, but sometimes public shaming is a viable option.  

51 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

THAT's how you prove corrupt intent to obstruct a proceeding.  Most of these shitbags seem to have an internal Stringer Bell telling them not to.  Or, more likely, they're too disorganized in their thinking and illiterate to write anything like that.

It is only a five-year felony, but that's pretty disappointing. Here's how the sentencing went and what the judge (W appointee) said:

An initial sentencing guidelines calculation by the federal probation office determined that Brock should face a sentencing range of 57 to 71 months, and prosecutors recommended the judge impose a 60-month term. (given that 18 USC 1505 is a five year maximum and the most serious crime of conviction, probation was barking at the moon, five years was the realistic max).

But the guidelines calculation included an eight-level increase for causing or threatening to cause physical or property damage. Bates ruled that the increase was inappropriate because Brock hadn’t harmed anyone or damaged any property himself. The judge lowered the sentencing range to 24 to 30 months. Ayers-Perez still asked for a 60-month sentence. (that actually seems fair).

Now came the time for Brock to speak to the judge. He declined. Burnham said Brock was still considering an appeal of his conviction.

The judge said he would typically consider a sentence at the low end of the guidelines’ range in such a case. Then with Brock’s military service, lack of criminal history and his attempts to stop some rioters from causing further damage, “that would lead me to vary downward from the guidelines. But we have to take into account the rhetoric,” the judge said, reading off page after page of Brock’s angry Facebook posts.

“I think it’s especially reprehensible and quite frankly unbelievable coming from a senior military officer,” the judge said. “It’s detailed, it’s consistent, it’s both astounding and atrocious. And we have no acceptance of responsibility and no showing of remorse whatsoever. Zero.”

On the one hand, I'm glad this judge tends to the bottom of ranges and would have considered a downward departure from the range.  More judges should.  But I think this sumbitch needed the upper end of the range.

Oof, I didn't finish the article.

Brock is the 13th trial defendant to be sentenced for obstruction of an official proceeding, and the average sentence has been 45 months, according to Washington Post data. Of the 21 defendants who have pleaded guilty to the obstruction charge, the average sentence has been 28.4 months, Post data shows.

A 17 month trial penalty, almost a 60% increase.  I don't really object to the trial penalty in this application, but in the abstract, yeesh.
Edited by TwiceHorn

Pro Tip to all you MAGA nation morons making your way to Lower Manhattan tomorrow to protest the "unjust arrest" of Donald J. Trump.  

Remember to cover your face up before attacking NYPD.  That part of Chinatown/Downtown is teeming with surveillance cameras.  Plus there'll be hundreds of media cameras there.  But predictably, you guys are gonna show up faces exposed, probably shouting your own fucking names out loud, and there'll be dozens, if not hundreds of arrests.  Also, New York is not an open carry state.  But please pack heavy so you can die with honor.  

If I were you guys, I'd start drinking and smoking meth now just to be sure you make crystal clear good choices tomorrow.  

January 6th caught us all by surprise.  But tomorrow, there's gonna be more than just one Ashli Babbitt to lay down their lives upon the altar of freedom.  And I applaud every goddamn last one of you.  

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Remember to cover your face up before attacking NYPD. 

Masks are only worn by people who believe in COVID!  And the government cannot read their social media accounts without a warrant, so they are free to use their names and not have codenames or anything to throw the feds off!

Tarrio's witness for the defense is an informant. 

Bwahaha!

https://apnews.com/article/proud-boys-enrique-tarrio-capitol-riot-informant-ce0a1cf20c17c95b1ea3306fb70d93c4

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal prosecutors disclosed Wednesday that a witness expected to testify for the defense at the seditious conspiracy trial of former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and four associates was secretly acting as a government informant for nearly two years after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, a defense lawyer said in a court filing.

Carmen Hernandez, a lawyer for former Proud Boys chapter leader Zachary Rehl, asked a judge to schedule an immediate emergency hearing and suspend the trial “until these issues have been considered and resolved.” Lawyers for the other four defendants joined in Hernandez’s request.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 months for Texas Pleather

Geoffrey Shough, 38, of Austin, was sentenced to six months in prison on Wednesday, the Justice Department announced. He was seen on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6 wearing a cognac-colored jacket over body armor, as well as a helmet with an American flag patch and goggles. According to prosecutors, he carried and waved a large Texas state flag and cheered as rioters overwhelmed law enforcement officers trying to stop the mob of Donald Trump supporters from breaching the building as Congress certified Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral win.

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-breach/texas-pleather-man-gets-prison-time-for-role-in-jan-6-capitol-attack/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Tarrio's witness for the defense is an informant. 

Bwahaha!

https://apnews.com/article/proud-boys-enrique-tarrio-capitol-riot-informant-ce0a1cf20c17c95b1ea3306fb70d93c4

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal prosecutors disclosed Wednesday that a witness expected to testify for the defense at the seditious conspiracy trial of former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and four associates was secretly acting as a government informant for nearly two years after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, a defense lawyer said in a court filing.

Carmen Hernandez, a lawyer for former Proud Boys chapter leader Zachary Rehl, asked a judge to schedule an immediate emergency hearing and suspend the trial “until these issues have been considered and resolved.” Lawyers for the other four defendants joined in Hernandez’s request.

Excited Gold GIF

• Haha 1

From the NYT article on mugshawty up there.

The judge described Ms. Williams as acting “like a coxswain on a crew team” during the 90 minutes she spent in the Capitol, citing videos showing her “handpicking” larger, better equipped rioters wearing protective gear, to whom “she gave directions about where to go and how to behave from the minute she got in.”

---

The prosecutors also revisited evidence shown in the trial that Ms. Williams had successfully prevented investigators from accessing reams of her text messages and social media posts after the riot, using commercial-grade software to wipe her laptop in what they called an “extensive, calculated and tech-savvy” effort.

They urged the judge on Thursday to impose a sentence of at least five years. Ms. Ulrich proposed a sentence of one year and one day.

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Caged Heat !!!

Her future?  27 and a convicted felon who emerges from federal prison about 30 pounds heavier after her three years of starchy starch diet.

She will move to North Georgia and be elected US representative in 2028.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lunatic felon from Texas.  Let me guess Shane...do you work in real estate? 

I still feel like this is Groundhog Day over and over again and I'm Bill Murray and I keep hearing about the Jan 6 equivalent of Ned Reyerson

"Guess what I do?"

(cautiously), Me "Uh, do you work in real estate maga psychopath?" 

BING! 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremy Brown, the retired U.S. Army Special Forces master sergeant ensnared in a federal investigation of the events at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, received a sentence of seven years in federal prison Friday for having two illegal guns, a set of hand grenades and a classified military document at his Tampa home.

---

Clad in baggy orange pants and an orange jail shirt, Brown addressed the judge for close to 15 minutes before he was sentenced. In lofty rhetoric that detailed his military background and referenced the words of Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis, the Declaration of Independence and the judge’s own legal career, Brown accused the government of deceiving the court and targeting him.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida/2023/04/07/ex-soldier-with-jan-6-ties-gets-7-years-prison-tampa-case/

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I want worse punishments to happen to traitorous ex-military. They took an oath to defend the Constitution from all threats domestic and he became the threat and supported the threat. Fuck that guy I wish he stayed in jail for 20 years.

I'd settle for him spending only two days in jail if it meant he left jail in a pine box.

• Hook 'Em 4

He pleaded guilty in September to two felony counts of assaulting a law enforcement officer, according to the news release. A federal judge in Washington, D.C., sentenced Kenyon on Tuesday to six years in prison, followed by three years of supervised release.

The judge also ordered Kenyon to pay more than $43,000 in restitution, the release said.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/winnemucca-man-sentenced-to-prison-on-charges-from-us-capitol-attack-2760237/