Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

The seven felonies McCaughey was convicted of are: three counts of aiding or abetting or assaulting, resisting, or impeding law enforcement officers, including one involving a dangerous weapon; one count of obstruction of an official proceeding; one count of interfering with a law enforcement officer during a civil disorder; one count of disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, and one count of engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon.  

He faces decades in prison.

Stevens and Mehaffie were each acquitted of obstruction charges.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/patrick-mccaughey-convicted-7-felonies-pinned-daniel-hodges-in-door-frame-january-6-capitol-riot/#app

• Haha 1

I might not be a smart man, but i do know what MAGA is...Jenny.  

Please tell me one of you Democrat techie-types is working on an app that'll track these people for all time?  I don't mean like a geolocation deal, but everybody that's been arrested, not even served time, just arrested...it's public record.  And it'll be this database like the sex-offender database....and as an employer...you can check in to see if an applicant was a 1/6 insurrectionist.  Obviously some idiots will use it as a badge of honor to hire "only the best from both sides, good people."  But for the most part, it would be this ongoing database of people to avoid at all costs.  And then once a year in January, we could check in on them and fuck with 'em.  Send them a friendly mailer about how their kids don't love them anymore or get them fired or send their parole officer falsified information about how they sold you crystal meth.  These people's kids would be better off without them in their lives.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Please tell me one of you Democrat techie-types is working on an app that'll track these people for all time?  I don't mean like a geolocation deal, but everybody that's been arrested, not even served time, just arrested...it's public record.  

Webscraper Python script that drops data in MongoDB. Run it on a unix machine. Write a script that pulls data from the db based on keywords like “Jan 6”.

All you need is to identify the websites that have the data.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'd like to file a motion to understand what the hell that kid just said...

Haha. Username should tip you off that I’m not a kid. I’m an old.

The more I think about your idea, the more it piques my interest. I built a webscraper like I described a few years ago to collect potential prospect data for a business app. I enter keywords to get records that match them.

Think of a webscraper like google; it visits publicly accessible websites and ostensibly puts that data in a database for its own use.

You could build a subscription website that allows subscribers (HR people) to do candidate searches as part of their background check. I think that’s a strong value proposition for businesses.

v2 could have facial recognition that compares against J6 mugshots. Make a mobile app so that subscribers can identify insurrectionists and out them. In person. In real time. App comes with a well worded indemnification clause to eliminate liability from getting punched by said insurrectionist (did I say that right, lawdogs?) Value proposition not quite a strong for this feature. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Sorry about the kid comment, was just part of the schtick.  I'm surprised your v1 idea doesn't already exist.  v2 seems like it'd have all kinda false positives to me given the tiny bit I know about photo tagging/facial recognition.  But if you can come up with something like v1 that can scrub local law enforcement, statewide, and federal...not just for January 6...but for any arrests.  And again, maybe it already exists and I'm just naive.  But not only would that be awesome, we'd invest in it because the scale is easy to see.  Thanks for giving me more shit to research this weekend.....older kid ;)  

The would be loads of work to identify the URLs for every local, state and federal website. Reminds me of.

image.gif.d713f4f30e5dea1425276ca569742bb6.gif

Each site would have its own unique data schema so there’d be work to organize the data once it’s been scraped.

one issue I faced was identifying new records vs. records I had previously scraped. This wouldn’t be an issue with police records as the datetime stamp would be a separate data element.

Its too bad the one person that knows more about python scripting, webscraping, and NoSQL database/analytics than anybody on the planet is Donald Trump. I'm not sure he's gonna be willing to help out on this one. Perhaps we can spec out the project using "Ivanka's luscious milkwagons" instead of "Jan 6th", and then  swap out keywords after Donnie delivers the code. 

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

it still amazes me, not one 1/6 dumb ass thought about covering up their face 

When you realize that they were all broadcasting everything because 1) they thought they were going to succeed, and 2) be HEROES of the New Trumpian Order, it makes perfect sense.

Seriously, it's actually pretty damned solid evidence of intent.  They didn't intend to just go cause some trouble and go on about their business.  They intended to COMPLETELY CHANGE THE GOVERNMENT so they would be heroes of the new Trump Regime instead of criminals under US law.  The act of not covering their faces and broadcasting what they did is rock-solid evidence of their treasonous intent.

In a proper, functioning country, every one of these people would feel their neck snapped by the hangman's noose.

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Jensen is lucky he woke up alive on January 7th.

I continue to tell anyone who tries to minimize Jan 6th around me that more people should have been shot.  Still can't believe there was only one. 

No doubt there is a completely different story of that day if there was more melanin in the crowd.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I continue to tell anyone who tries to minimize Jan 6th around me that more people should have been shot.  Still can't believe there was only one. 

No doubt there is a completely different story of that day if there was more melanin in the crowd.

That's exactly the point I make: "Now....imagine that the crowd was all muslims yelling Allahu Akbar and trying to murder Congresscritters so they could install their chosen government (sharia law).  What would we have done in that case?  Well, THAT'S WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE DONE ON JANUARY 6TH, BECAUSE FUCKING TERRORISTS TRYING TO OVERTHROW OUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD ALL BE TREATED THE SAME."

I wish the bodies had been stacked up like cordwood.  And yes, I'd have felt the same if it was the muslim scenario.  Try to take out my country?  DIE.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Jensen is lucky he woke up alive on January 7th.

and every day since

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

how do those people reconcile all these guilty verdicts?

• Hook 'Em 1